Ali Abdaal

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was one of the girls who submitted to that marriage inbox. I can definitely testify to how rude this guy is. I submitted an email way back in November/December, asking for a basic yes or no response, and never received one back. What really irked me was that he had a podcast sharing that he received a proposal from one of his subscribers afterwards on his podcast. And he also did a follow-up Q&A during which he publically announced that he was seeking more proposals. I think his actions speak for themself. He doesn't have the basic human decency to treat people who show interest in him with the courtesy of a response. And I feel bad for the poor individual he referenced without her knowledge. He used the proposal as a way of creating interest for his audience at the expense of the person who was brave enough to submit.
Sorry to hear that, I really feel for you. The least he should give someone willing to put their neck out for them is a reply. The ego on this man must be incredible if he can do that to people without having much going on in his own love life. If it's any consolation, I think you probably dodged a bullet.

An interesting critique of Matthew Walker's How to Sleep: https://guzey.com/books/why-we-sleep/
@hollowcrown you may find it aligns with your experience of finding 6.5-7.5 hrs plenty.
Thanks mate, read through it. The fact Ali referenced this article in the video but still summarised the book really shits on his credibility as a doctor and also lends evidence to the theory that Mr Abdaal will simply parrot the last thing he watched on YouTube or the last book he read.

As someone who is also trained in science (Chemistry masters you have to take the scientific evidence first and it's disappointing to see such an educated person. He will not be being called intelligent by me any more because he is clearly an idiot.

In other news he went to the local grammar school in my area around the same time I was in school. (He's two years younger, I went to the local comprehensive). We don't have any mutuals but he has friends we are mutuals with. My best friend went to the same school albeit the girls half but they may have shared time in Sixth Form together so when I next see her I'm going to do some digging. Would love to run into him in Cambridge at some point too.

Reactions: 4
Sorry to hear that, I really feel for you. The least he should give someone willing to put their neck out for them is a reply. The ego on this man must be incredible if he can do that to people without having much going on in his own love life. If it's any consolation, I think you probably dodged a bullet.

Thanks mate, read through it. The fact Ali referenced this article in the video but still summarised the book really shits on his credibility as a doctor and also lends evidence to the theory that Mr Abdaal will simply parrot the last thing he watched on YouTube or the last book he read.

As someone who is also trained in science (Chemistry masters you have to take the scientific evidence first and it's disappointing to see such an educated person. He will not be being called intelligent by me any more because he is clearly an idiot.

In other news he went to the local grammar school in my area around the same time I was in school. (He's two years younger, I went to the local comprehensive). We don't have any mutuals but he has friends we are mutuals with. My best friend went to the same school albeit the girls half but they may have shared time in Sixth Form together so when I next see her I'm going to do some digging. Would love to run into him in Cambridge at some point too.

Seems like the World is very small :)

7:54 - he is FAKE, FAKE.

Just cant stand him anymore and waiting for his bubble to break.

Reactions: 3

Truly the words of someone who has literally never faced any meaningful kind of adversity in his life.

Reactions: 2

"How I am so awesome"

He would be a perfect match for BIG4 corporations. His mind and attitude are so much corporate that it blows my mind. I've never ever met in corporations person so much fitting to the "culture" of these kind of organizations.

He would be a great mobber in the the company... Yearly review with him would be scary.

Funny, still can't iron his t-shirt to look just sharp and fresh :).

So disingenous to wear his scrubs top and a stethoscope despite not working as a Doctor currently (unless he has gone back to the hospital and I've missed it?)

Reactions: 16
"How I am so awesome"

He would be a perfect match for BIG4 corporations. His mind and attitude are so much corporate that it blows my mind. I've never ever met in corporations person so much fitting to the "culture" of these kind of organizations.

He would be a great mobber in the the company... Yearly review with him would be scary.

Funny, still can't iron his t-shirt to look just sharp and fresh :).
What's the gist of the video? Can't really stand to sit through another 10-20 minutes of self fellatio by Abdaal where he goes through the same content as before but in a slightly different format convieniently skipping any and all troubles he's had to face in his time (if he had to)/

Reactions: 5

I am sorry to hear that you had a similar experience. I wonder how many other girls he has treated this way...

watch

Interesting video about Ali from a know-name chanel, however with decent thoughts
Fantastic video and summary of how toxic Ali is, particularly the part on how incestuous his YouTube academy is 🤢

I can’t watch more than five seconds of this guy anymore without my skin crawling.

watch

Interesting video about Ali from a know-name chanel, however with decent thoughts
The cuts to Elizabeth are so bleeping funny she looks so uncomfortable and then he interrupts her and stares straight in her face when she challenges him what an hole

The saddest thing is all those other YouTubers paying Ali thousands and thousands of pounds for his courses only to make a bunch of imitation content copying him. The only people who will ever watch those videos are other people on the course and Ali is just taking all of their money to enrich himself. So sad to watch. What a scum bag this man is and he will tell himself that he's just "helping people".

Last edited:
That course bit was funny as hell. It looks like such a ponzi scheme when someone takes the time to click on all the comments. A bunch of clones with the same tired boring content liking each other's videos after they paid thousands of pounds to hear someone tell them to get a better microphone. There's a sucker born every minute. I'm sure his devoted fanbase makes twitter threads every day praising the depth of knowledge they gained from his "course" and filling the internet up with more of this crap content.

Reactions: 9
I don't even know why someone would take his marriage request email seriously? It has 'marriage' in it instead of 'dating'

I watched that video where Ali is called the King of toxic productivity. And remembered the Dubai tweet. Somebody asked him - Ali, do you ever think that you are investing and giving money to a country that disrespects women and criminalizes homosexuality in the cruellest manner possible? (I am paraphrasing)
His answer - "honestly, no." (I am quoting)

I don't even know why someone would take his marriage request email seriously? It has 'marriage' in it instead of 'dating'

I watched that video where Ali is called the King of toxic productivity. And remembered the Dubai tweet. Somebody asked him - Ali, do you ever think that you are investing and giving money to a country that disrespects women and criminalizes homosexuality in the cruellest manner possible? (I am paraphrasing)
His answer - "honestly, no." (I am quoting)
He is a greedy piece of tit so will go wherever the money goes. He had that phase where he decided he want to go to America and become a doctor over there as well as to work with "other productivity YouTubers" but then Matt D'valla moved to Australia so he changed his mind, and probably realised it wasn't cost effective and started his whole part-time doctor/businessman here. It was after that decision his content truly nosedived into the "entrepeneur" crap he is putting out now.

Dubai was probably also something he thought he could do for a bit but then realised he'd have either have to move his slaves and hangers on (employees) over, or leave them behind and find new ones and that was too much trouble so he wrote that one off.

Reactions: 5
I know very little about Youtube but honestly can't help but think Ali's "advice" of churning out 100 videos of dubious quality before focusing on your channel is a bloody terrible idea and it's proven wrong by literally some of the people in his own circle. There are a ton of channels out there getting respectable view numbers putting out high quality videos once every couple of weeks rather than just churning out absolute crap. I am much more likely to subscribe to a channel putting out quality content from the start rather than some channel with hundreds of videos which are terrible.

It's another example of Ali seeing "What works for me must work for everyone else" just like his objective advice on how to leave the 9-5 which he cannot even comprehend a second opinion on that. As Ali made hundreds of videos which were low quality before he picked up momentum, that's something that will work for everyone trying to build a YouTube channel.

For someone supposedly trained as a doctor in the scientific method, he is sooooooooo brain dead.

Reactions: 2
As Ali made hundreds of videos which were low quality before he picked up momentum, that's something that will work for everyone trying to build a YouTube channel.
Hope you're not implying the videos he made after he picked momentum were somehow high quality. Aside from a few generally useful videos for students and learning, his vlogs and most of his guru content is pretty trash, particularly the ones in the last months after he glued himself to that table and just refuses to move. The vlogs in particular were quite painful. In some he even used the same footage from a previous vlog because it was so repetitive it wasn't even worth filming new "getting out of bed" and "typing at my desk" footage.

Has anyone watched his new video? He briefly addresses his abilities as a manager in the Pupil section. Guess it's nice for him to have some self-awareness

Hope you're not implying the videos he made after he picked momentum were somehow high quality. Aside from a few generally useful videos for students and learning, his vlogs and most of his guru content is pretty trash, particularly the ones in the last months after he glued himself to that table and just refuses to move. The vlogs in particular were quite painful. In some he even used the same footage from a previous vlog because it was so repetitive it wasn't even worth filming new "getting out of bed" and "typing at my desk" footage.
That's his super useful productivity system at work he can recycle content and still get views.

i wonder why he never talks about how studying for the USMLE is going? Or literally anything regarding his future medical career? I'm starting my 6 year medical degree this autumn and I want to work in the U.S so I know just how difficult the USMLE is. Like it requires months of solid 8+ hour study days to get an impressive score. How does he even have time for that considering all he focuses on is his scammy courses and "hustling" and what not....it doesn't seem like he's even serious about being a doctor anymore. He should've gone for a business degree imo