Ali Abdaal

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So... his ideal week 5 years from now is one he can make happen pretty much instantly as it is, and... it's ideal because it's putting him out of his comfort zone and he wants to be remembered as a productivity teacher? I guess it's fair to say that his and my outlook in life, and general aspirations, just don't match at all 😂 They don't have to, of course. Though I do find it odd when people don't really express any intent to further a cause and make other people's life's better in ways that don't benefit them directly.

I thought it was sweet that he wants to be remembered as a good father and a good husband, though. Those are very worthy goal and he comes across as a very gentle person in his videos (and his kids would probably be the most efficient pre-k students out there).
Being a teacher is quite a cool goal I think, particularly in the medical and productivity field. Idk, I'd feel like there would a lot to live up to being his kid. He'd definitely not go the classic Asian route of forcing his kids into medicine/engineering/law tho and let them embrace their creative side and outside interests, which would be nice.

Being a teacher is quite a cool goal I think, particularly in the medical and productivity field. Idk, I'd feel like there would a lot to live up to being his kid. He'd definitely not go the classic Asian route of forcing his kids into medicine/engineering/law tho and let them embrace their creative side and outside interests, which would be nice.
Being a teacher is totally a great goal! But when he mentioned his channel as a way he'd engaged in teaching... I'm not so sure. Another "teaching" activity probably includes that really expensive YouTube course he offered. So idk - that's teaching, in a way, I guess, but I can't quite get myself to find that inspirational 😅

Being a teacher is totally a great goal! But when he mentioned his channel as a way he'd engaged in teaching... I'm not so sure. Another "teaching" activity probably includes that really expensive YouTube course he offered. So idk - that's teaching, in a way, I guess, but I can't quite get myself to find that inspirational 😅
He seems like he would be a great academic kinda lecturer/teacher at a university or med school. Unfortunately that's probably a fairly modest paying job compared to what he is earning selling £1000 courses online so isn't appealing to him, but it would be a perfect job for him really.

Reactions: 6
He seems like he would be a great academic kinda lecturer/teacher at a university or med school. Unfortunately that's probably a fairly modest paying job compared to what he is earning selling £1000 courses online so isn't appealing to him, but it would be a perfect job for him really.
I disagree. To be a good lecturer and engaging professor you have to be human and genuine. He seems to be a "nice guy" only in front of the camera. There are many statements, including this forum, that in the real-life he is socially-awkward

Also, he is bored really fast, has a tendency to change mind/goals the way the weather on Iceland is.

I am sorry.

He is personification of a human robot and/or incell.

Instead of going into the NHS, he should go to the therapy and try to change his behavior.

Reactions: 11
Agreed, some people on here think that working in healthcare needs to be this all-consuming passion that you selflessly dedicate yourself to, which is fair enough as it's a common stereotype that people have. But it's that kind of attitude that leads to the poor retention rates of medics in this country and a having a fairly balanced attitude to it like ali does seems healthier.
Yep couldn't agree more, a lot of people have that assumption about it and I did too when I was applying, I thought medicine would be my whole life. But then my perspective changed and I realised... I'm still just a person working a job, not a bloody martyr, and I want to have time to see my friends and family and do other things that I enjoy. There's some things I could criticise Ali for, but deciding to not slave away his life working for the NHS is not one of them.

Reactions: 9
I disagree. To be a good lecturer and engaging professor you have to be human and genuine. He seems to be a "nice guy" only in front of the camera. There are many statements, including this forum, that in the real-life he is socially-awkward
I mean lecturing, public speaking etc is a completely different ball-game to chatting, I know plenty of people who are very sociable but are stiff and stilted when having to give a presentation and vice-versa. I'm at cam and know someone who was supervised by him in first year who said he was really helpful and explained things well, which is better than some lecturers we have tbh.

Reactions: 7

Also, he is bored really fast, has a tendency to change mind/goals the way the weather on Iceland is.

I am sorry.

He is personification of a human robot and/or incell.

Instead of going into the NHS, he should go to the therapy and try to change his behavior.
Well yeah I agree I think he needs to sort out his terrible personality first of all but I think he could be a good academic teacher if he got past that. Teaching seems to be the passion of his and he really likes it, but I just think he would scoff at the money for teaching at med school when he could sell his overpriced YouTuber course or whatever.

There's no way he is an incel whilst having an email section for marriage requests
I mean this does give me incel vibes. Normal lads don't have email sections of marriage requests.

Yep couldn't agree more, a lot of people have that assumption about it and I did too when I was applying, I thought medicine would be my whole life. But then my perspective changed and I realised... I'm still just a person working a job, not a bloody martyr, and I want to have time to see my friends and family and do other things that I enjoy. There's some things I could criticise Ali for, but deciding to not slave away his life working for the NHS is not one of them.
Reading This Is Going To Hurt by Adam Kay was a great insight into the toll medicine takes on a full time doctor, highly recommend it. Definitely do not begrudge Ali for not wanting to do it full time although I would be disappointed if he left the profession forever.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I mean lecturing, public speaking etc is a completely different ball-game to chatting, I know plenty of people who are very sociable but are stiff and stilted when having to give a presentation and vice-versa. I'm at cam and know someone who was supervised by him in first year who said he was really helpful and explained things well, which is better than some lecturers we have tbh.
The fact that you can with confidence speak publicly does not make you a good teacher. There is more to teaching. Really.
How can you make an impact on people with JUST speaking your power points? When a student reaches you and you behave awkward?

Well yeah I agree I think he needs to sort out his terrible personality first of all but I think he could be a good academic teacher if he got past that. Teaching seems to be the passion of his and he really likes it, but I just think he would scoff at the money for teaching at med school when he could sell his overpriced YouTuber course or whatever.
As I said above, there is more to teaching.
I found him when years ago I was looking for some information about iPad and note taking. Indeed, he inspired me, I bought an iPad and used it for my postgraduate education, it's been great tool and I enjoyed it. That being said, he was alone speaking to the camera, I don't think he would be a great teacher because there are signs of him that he has some problems in social situations.

These days inspiring teacher or lecturer is not somebody who can use 5555555555 apps like a pro on the iPad and make a beautiful PPTX or PDF.

Reactions: 2
I mean this does give me incel vibes. Normal lads don't have email sections of marriage requests.
Well, it's not him, It's Elizabeth who categorizes them as such.
Normal dudes don't have them because they are not Famous millionaires.

And "INvoluntary CELibate" is totally not a person who could get laid any instant of his life and just chooses not to do it.

And "INvoluntary CELibate" is totally not a person who could get laid any instant of his life and just chooses not to do it.
If he could get laid any time he would not be paying for Tinder and Hinge subscriptions. There are plenty of girls out there, Ali is clearly doing something wrong if he can’t get laid or a girlfriend and I think has definite incel qualities to him.

Reactions: 5

Ali definitely could not get laid any instant of his life. He may be getting marriage proposals but those aren't the same people that he's encountering and getting rejected by on dating apps and generally

Reactions: 9
As I said before in this thread there are not a lot of girls in the UK on dating apps that are going to jump at the chance of being with a bloke that proudly says he only wants to spend 10% of his time with you.

Reactions: 6
Gosh, for someone obsessed with productivity he sure does waste a lot of hours navel gazing about his future plans.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Gosh, for someone obsessed with productivity he sure does waste a lot of hours navel gazing about his future plans.
He is storytelling, reading new books and looking for a breakthrough in his life.
LOOOL.

And always ready to analyze how many lifes he could save as a full time doctor vs. how many iDevices he can order, test, and love.

Reactions: 2
Still ctfu about the whole oh I statistically help the world more by becoming filthy rich and giving to charity than working as a doctor

Reactions: 1

Ali isn't a millionaire, nor is he 'famous' except in his niche online.

Go back in this thread to March (start here: https://tattle.life/threads/ali-abdaal.10556/page-11#post-4270680, and my post here has lots of links with background on the sorts of twitter accounts he followed) and you'll discover why some tattlers think Ali has 'incel vibes'. I also call BS on there actually being that many women in his DMs...

Reactions: 3
As I said before in this thread there are not a lot of girls in the UK on dating apps that are going to jump at the chance of being with a bloke that proudly says he only wants to spend 10% of his time with you.
10% is double than Musk's time spent on Neuralink. Should be enough for a girlfriend /s

Ali isn't a millionaire, nor is he 'famous' except in his niche online.

Go back in this thread to March (start here: https://tattle.life/threads/ali-abdaal.10556/page-11#post-4270680, and my post here has lots of links with background on the sorts of twitter accounts he followed) and you'll discover why some tattlers think Ali has 'incel vibes'. I also call BS on there actually being that many women in his DMs...
Okay, I skimmed those pages in the past but I missed those posts.

You know, when you are completely clueless on how dating works and you search online, you find two kinds of resources: Hussey's and Renecello's type, wanting you to grow into a nice person and yada yada... or "red pill" stuff. The latter is the one that do provide you with a scheme for relationships, something you can apply analytical reasoning to, and I can totally see why Ali is drawn to them.

I would not call him incel, still, maybe red-pilled. As Ravenclawboi replied to one of your posts, I too hope he will realize the dangers intrinsic to those theories and part from them.
He is much egotistic and has little-to-none emotional intelligence, but he's not a bad person.

• Haha
Reactions: 7