Ali Abdaal

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The inclusion of him playing guitar and singing in the vlog was an interesting choice.

I side eye anyone who like Ali admits to wanting to be a 'digital nomad'. There are lots of articles and blog posts out there on the problems with them, but the one that bothers me is the way it raises hosing costs/general living costs for locals. Places like Lisbon & Mexico & Bali are absolutely being negatively impacted by it.

Final thought, the clips of their little 'Alignment Day' are so cringeworthy. Ali is no business leader and I do not think his staff are benefiting professionally while working for him.

Last edited:
The inclusion of him playing guitar and singing in the vlog was an interesting choice.

I side eye anyone who like Ali admits to wanting to be a 'digital nomad'. There are lots of articles and blog posts out there on the problems with them, but the one that bothers me is the way it raises hosing costs/general living costs for locals. Places like Lisbon & Mexico & Bali are absolutely being negatively impacted by it.

Final thought, the clips of their little 'Alignment Day' are so cringeworthy. Ali is no business leader and I do not think his staff are benefiting professionally while working for him.
His podcast with MKBHD was so cringe, the way he was asking him questions was about more about how Ali could copy him, Ali was so cringe, he has no idea how to be a leader and copies what others are doing

Whenever he puts himself singing and playing guitar on his vlog it's so cringey and show offy. No one wants to see that. No one wants to be in the room when one person is singing and playing guitar. It makes people cringe and uncomfortable.

Ali's main problem is that he wants to be everything at once.

He wants the prestige of being a Doctor, so he markets himself as an ex-Doctor despite the fact he spent about 2 years working as an actual Doctor. He will continue to do this for years even though he will never practise again.

He wants to be a "digital nomad" and a famous YouTuber. This is what he is probably best at. He wants to be creative, make desk set up videos and educate people on his weird productivity systems whilst earning money from his channel and going on nice holidays. This is at odds with his other desires.

He wants to be a CEO of a tech firm like his brother or Elon Musk. But that's at odds with being a YouTuber and being a Doctor. He does it anyway and builds a ridiculous in person start-up style business but instead of inventing a cool product or service it's just a YouTube video farm.

Reactions: 6
Breaking news, Ali has found a way to inject Tim Ferriss's farts directly into his brainstem instead of just inhaling them with gusto. It's like Neo going inside the Matrix but instead of martial arts and altering reality, Ali just downloads Ed Sheeran albums and cringe quotes. After so many years he's finally achieved the mantra of his bible, The 4 Hour Work week. Now all the productivity hustler idiots who follow him will be frothing even more at the mouth, coveting his exotic adventures around the world. Believe in yourself and you too shall reach the heights of Alidom. Just gotta hire some soy 20-somethings to write an avalanche of Twitter threads, sell a useless course and badabing badaboom we're there.

It's pretty clear this clown is the kind of person on which travel has zero effects. In all his traveling vlogs he mostly sat in his room having Zooms or writing some pointless drivel in his many Notion docs or at most going to sit in a chair outside and... write more drivel in his Notion docs. duck learning anything about other cultures, hanging out with locals or exploring, bringing any cool stories back or actually doing something to grow as a person. Let's instead "travel the world" cause it's something he read in a blog post somewhere and it sounded like what he's supposed to be doing.

The more time passes, the more delusional and cringe this character gets. He's an Office character IRL and a bad caricature of what a human is supposed to be.

Whenever he puts himself singing and playing guitar on his vlog it's so cringey and show offy. No one wants to see that. No one wants to be in the room when one person is singing and playing guitar. It makes people cringe and uncomfortable.

He wants the prestige of being a Doctor, so he markets himself as an ex-Doctor despite the fact he spent about 2 years working as an actual Doctor. He will continue to do this for years even though he will never practise again.

He wants to be a "digital nomad" and a famous YouTuber. This is what he is probably best at. He wants to be creative, make desk set up videos and educate people on his weird productivity systems whilst earning money from his channel and going on nice holidays. This is at odds with his other desires.

He wants to be a CEO of a tech firm like his brother or Elon Musk. But that's at odds with being a YouTuber and being a Doctor. He does it anyway and builds a ridiculous in person start-up style business but instead of inventing a cool product or service it's just a YouTube video farm.
He is selling a keyboard for over £100!

• Haha
Reactions: 1
What I find amazing is how so few people can see through him. He's such a cringey head.

Reactions: 2
Ali: I really enjoy teaching people, medicine, and being a YouTuber

Ali 20 mins later in the video: Actually I only care about the money and comfort those things bring

• Haha
Ali: I really enjoy teaching people, medicine, and being a YouTuber

Ali 20 mins later in the video: Actually I only care about the money and comfort those things bring

Heh. I mean, I can't knock him for wanting to get out of medicine, because being a doctor must be incredibly tough and stressful. But at the same time, training for all those years only to step away so early into his career seems like a massive waste of time.

And it's not like he left medicine to do something worthwhile. I'm sure he kids himself that he's being an amazing inspiration to millions of people online, but he's intelligent enough to know that's not the case. Yes, loads of people watch his videos, but how many of those people really follow his advice to the letter and change their lives? I expect many see the titles and think "I wish I could get the things he's promising" but then move onto the next 'inspirational' video the YouTube algorithm sends them.

It just all seems to be one massive back patting exercise. Dudebro A makes video, while Dudebros B to Z (and beyond) make fawning comments, not because Dudebro A's video is good, but because they want to be making money off YouTube with minimal effort, too.

Reactions: 4

Nailed it. Ali is just a clout chaser. No more, no less. Everything he does is for prestige or clout or praise. I feel really bad that he lives in this prison he's created for himself, but then I remember he is trying to put others in it too.

His "traveling era" is just because he has run out of content. There's only so many desk setup and productivity book videos he can make.

Reactions: 5
He's apparently travelling the world now (good for him) but his channel is the same old boring tit as before of him summarising other peoples books or money related tit.

The more interesting content might be on his second channel but you can't find that without knowing where to look and it's flopping with only a few thousand views.]

What a transformative experience his travelling has been for him.
---
Oh turns out he's moving back to London anyway lmfao

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
For someone with 5m subs on YouTube, its strange her doesnt even have 1m on instagram

Also, he outed himself in a podcast where he mistakenly mentioned he has properties, not just one but quite a few! And how that would help him not work also if he never wanted to work,

He really does live in another planet

And his podcast highlights how much he lacks confidence, always asking questions to reassure himself of decisions, seems like a little boy lost in the world of entrepreneurship
---
He's apparently travelling the world now (good for him) but his channel is the same old boring tit as before of him summarising other peoples books or money related tit.

The more interesting content might be on his second channel but you can't find that without knowing where to look and it's flopping with only a few thousand views.]

What a transformative experience his travelling has been for him.
---
Oh turns out he's moving back to London anyway lmfao

Looking for a flat he can film in so he can right off the rent as a business expense, so cheap! Like go rent like a normal person! You're millionaire after all

Reactions: 2
Also, he outed himself in a podcast where he mistakenly mentioned he has properties, not just one but quite a few! And how that would help him not work also if he never wanted to work,

He really does live in another planet
What the duck else would you do with a few million quid other than buy properties? Don't say give it to charity or help the needy cause that's some bullshit. Plenty of reasons to hate this clown but investing in real-estate is not one of them. Everyone and anyone who has a significant amount of money invests mostly in real-estate. You have to be pretty braindead to not invest in something as solid as real-estate.
Looking for a flat he can film in so he can right off the rent as a business expense, so cheap! Like go rent like a normal person! You're millionaire after all
Writing off expenses is what people who have a company do. I write off part of my utilities cause I work at home. If I could, I would write off anything and everything that's legally allowable. With the taxes I already pay for zero help from the state I can sustain at least 2 full-time state-employed paper pushers. Get real with this tit, you're grasping at straws. There's plenty of material to bash Ali for but this ain't it man.

What the duck else would you do with a few million quid other than buy properties? Don't say give it to charity or help the needy cause that's some bullshit. Plenty of reasons to hate this clown but investing in real-estate is not one of them. Everyone and anyone who has a significant amount of money invests mostly in real-estate. You have to be pretty braindead to not invest in something as solid as real-estate.

Writing off expenses is what people who have a company do. I write off part of my utilities cause I work at home. If I could, I would write off anything and everything that's legally allowable. With the taxes I already pay for zero help from the state I can sustain at least 2 full-time state-employed paper pushers. Get real with this tit, you're grasping at straws. There's plenty of material to bash Ali for but this ain't it man.
Isn't the issue that he hasn't been open about his properties in the past? Much of his content is related to making money from productivity 'hacks', investing in stocks, or organising one's life better. I don't watch much of his content as I find him too annoying, but I went back to look at a passive income video he made two years ago and he didn't mention rental income as a source of money for him. And if he owns multiple properties I assume he rents them out rather than leaving them sat there empty.

When I see people making public social media posts asking for places to rent it always feels lazy to me. I get that trawling through estate agents' web pages/Rightmove can be boring, but it's something you should be prepared to do when you're looking for a new place.

I'm surprised he hasn't got property contacts he could ask if his search hasn't come up with anything.

Isn't the issue that he hasn't been open about his properties in the past? Much of his content is related to making money from productivity 'hacks', investing in stocks, or organising one's life better. I don't watch much of his content as I find him too annoying, but I went back to look at a passive income video he made two years ago and he didn't mention rental income as a source of money for him. And if he owns multiple properties I assume he rents them out rather than leaving them sat there empty.

When I see people making public social media posts asking for places to rent it always feels lazy to me. I get that trawling through estate agents' web pages/Rightmove can be boring, but it's something you should be prepared to do when you're looking for a new place.

I'm surprised he hasn't got property contacts he could ask if his search hasn't come up with anything.
Pretty sure he made an entire video touring his newly purchased rental apartment a while ago. One would conclude he didn't stop at just a single property.

If he's been silent about it recently he probably knows he'll get dunked on by those in his audience who are anti-renting and he's doing all he can in the scummiest way possible to not become the target of any kind of group. Large part of his success is being so neutral and unpolarizing that he somehow became one of youtube's golden boys. Let's not forget he plays the leftie angle constantly to endear himself to his audience but he handles his finances in the most righty way possible. Not sure taking marriage applications via email qualifies as leftie either, that sounds like some pakistani-specific tit.

Regarding his posts, I wouldn't qualify that as anything other than engagement farming. He could obviously ask one of his London friends in private but then you don't get dozens of "OMG ALI YOU'RE COMING BACK TO LONDON??????" replies. When something looks moronic and nonsensical on social media, it's probably just attention seeking.

Maybe he didn't have the rental properties then?

Though I'm sure he mentioned renting the Cambridge property out back when I watched him as he was leaving it.