Alexa Chung

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think Alexa hit her sweet spot in the mid-aughts, but now her style choices are... questionable. Despite that, I will forever be an Alexa stan, even though I love/dislike her for being so beautiful, clever, and cool. Wish she'd stop parting her hair down the middle though.

Reactions: 3
I find her face so beautiful but she goes overboard with the "self-deprecating" humour sometimes, like girl cut the crap no one's buying it.

Very apparent eating disorder too - NIF was so painful to watch.

Reactions: 6
Found myself thinking that if it wasn’t my teenage love for Alexa I’d have unfollowed her a long time ago 😶

Reactions: 2
Yep she seems nice her, used to enjoy reading interviews and articles about her in Company magazine back in 2007 or so. Seemed to be a perfect natural replacement for Kate Moss as the Cool Britannia fashion queen. Great style, intelligent, no plastic boobs, arse or duckface. Admitted to feeling uncomfortable at her early gigs like the raunchy Holly Valance video she was in and didn’t do anything of this sort again.
Wow this thread just caught my eye so just reading this now - I didn’t know she was in this video. So ironic how she was much healthier when she was a model before she started presenting. Would be fascinated to see what she eats in a day.

Attachments

Her YT videos are hit and miss with me but I completely enjoyed her giving a tour of the Dior atelier

ETA: I think she does a great job of interviewing all of the craftspeople who are the real stars

I will always and forever love Alexa!

My teenage self still wishes that Alexa and Alex Turner will get back together 😂❤

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Every time you google her, her claim to fame changes. Now it's "author". Spare me. :rolleyes:

Reactions: 1
Her AlexaChung clothing line is so overpriced for a lot of polyester, not to mention it all runs very, very small. Some of the stuff is cute, if you're into 60s and 70s rock and roll throwbacks with a heavy dose of irony, but their founder is almost 40 and it's hard to imagine most women in that age bracket wanting to wear those things. I'm not quite sure what you'd call Alexa's style anymore. For a while, I thought she wasn't even at Paris Fashion Week this year; she was, it's just that none of the fashion/street style sources featured her.

Reactions: 6
It looks like she's shutting down the ALEXACHUNG clothing brand. It's sad how many businesses were forced to shutter in the last two years, but I wonder how much longevity the company had anyway. Even before this news, I was starting to notice how often they seemed to have sales and markdowns, especially for a contemporary brand with such premium prices. I wonder if at any point they even made a profit?

I'm not surprised, I like the clothes but definitely wondered how much money she would actually be making from it. However it must have been such a dream for her so I am sure it was worth it. She should focus on collabs like the denim one she did and the Madewell line

She’s lent her face and name to so many brand partnerships already, but I wonder how far that will carry her now. At this point, there’s a whole generation that probably has no idea who the Mulberry Alexa is named after. She’s too old to be relevant to Gen Zers, and she’s too much of a Peter Pan to be relatable to the millennials who grew up with her, who are now mostly married with kids.

Reactions: 5
She’s the ultimate indie IT girl to me. The love letter Alex Turner wrote her blows my mind.

Alexa Chung just feels nostalgic to me now, like she’s past her hey day and she’s never really moved on with life.

I used to watch her getting ready in the morning when she hosted some music show (I think?) her clothing was always amazing, she was very 00s stick thin and she had a cool boyfriend which to teenage me, was all a girl could ask for.

Now I’m not really sure what she’s up to? She’s just sort of faded a bit. The super skinny look isn’t quite applauded as much as it used to be. Her clothing line is ending (and she isn’t the fashion muse she used to be). Life has moved on but Alexa still feels the same which is both sad and kinda nice.

Reactions: 7
I'm just a bit sad she has stopped her YT.
She was so good at it.
I see now with hindsight it was probably a way of propping up her already ailing clothing company.
She is always someone that in theory I should find annoying, but when I see her interviewed she seems funny, clever and nice.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
She’s so nostalgic to me. But like others have said I’m not sure if that’s good or bad. I look at her now and she hasn’t changed since I looked at her in 2007.

Reactions: 1
Alexa's looking pretty aimless right now. Flitting from one thing to another is cute in your 20s and early 30s, but she's nearing 40 and it's still hard to describe what exactly she does (especially now that her clothing line has ended). She doesn't have the same cache as she used to, either. I am definitely not saying she needs to be married with kids at this point to be happy in life, I'm sure she's actually quite happy, but I hear what you all are saying in that it's a little sad that she doesn't appear to have changed since 2010.

Alexa's looking pretty aimless right now. Flitting from one thing to another is cute in your 20s and early 30s, but she's nearing 40 and it's still hard to describe what exactly she does (especially now that her clothing line has ended). She doesn't have the same cache as she used to, either. I am definitely not saying she needs to be married with kids at this point to be happy in life, I'm sure she's actually quite happy, but I hear what you all are saying in that it's a little sad that she doesn't appear to have changed since 2010.
What happened with that Netflix project runway style show she did? Was pretty good and suited her so well

ETA just seen shes been replaced by Gigi Hadid...😬

Her clothing was really poor quality - I ordered a few pieces maybe a year after she launched to see what they were like and they were really cheap. The jeans were terrible - really thin like Primark jeans. I also bought a jumper which had a cool motif on the front, it started fraying after about 3 wears - contacted ALEXACHUNG (I did order through Yoox I think) and they directed me back to Yoox who then fobbed me off. It was such poor quality hence me contacting the actual company.

I think she is quite witty and funny but I find her very triggering to follow/watch as she is so thin. I have been down an ED road unfortunately in my life and she brings back a lot of memories unfortunately, sure thats my issue not hers but im not entirely sure she is in a healthy place.

I bought a few a pieces of her clothing too and was also dismayed at the quality for the price. As well as the fact that everything ran SO SMALL. Like a 26 inch waist on a UK size 8 dress. Alexa was surely designing for herself.