Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
I'm just a bit sad she has stopped her YT.
She was so good at it.
I see now with hindsight it was probably a way of propping up her already ailing clothing company.
She is always someone that in theory I should find annoying, but when I see her interviewed she seems funny, clever and nice.

• Heart
Reactions: 10

meowmeowbeans

VIP Member
Yes, "pick me girl" is a good way to put it. I read an interview with her somewhere where she talked about how her first boyfriend (who was much older than her. Enough to know better...ew) really introduced her to a lot of music, so she could say things to subsequent beaus like "Oh, you've never heard of X-Ray Spex?" :rolleyes: Also, she said that instead of people saying "You look great today", she much prefers it when they say "Oh, you sound clever today, Alexa." I mean, yes, not everything is about physical appearance, and I do think her intelligence set her apart from the rest of the skinny and pretty fashion crowd, but she wouldn't be where she is today if she wasn't also skinny and pretty.

• Haha
Reactions: 9

NovemberEcho

Maybe from years of dating her upper crust ex-boyfriend? :LOL: I'm not British, so I can't really detect a difference; I do think she was purposely putting on a "fancy" demeanor at the beginning of the video. I get this love/hate feeling with Alexa in videos, where sometimes it seems as if she's trying to prove that she's the wittiest person in the room. But then she'll say something where I'm like "Okay, maybe not, you're cool again."
Exactly! Always has to say something to make her different from others - saying Karl lagerfeld liked her as she asked a question he hadn’t heard before/ was in vogue for an article on tomboys… the more I think back and watch her now I realise how she sounds like a pick me girl :cry:

Reactions: 8

meowmeowbeans

VIP Member
From this photo on her stories she doesn't look pregnant.

View attachment 1786888
Thank you for putting a pin in this (frankly inane) conversation!! There is nothing that suggests jet-setter, partier, serial-dater social butterfly Alexa would want a kid right now. I really get annoyed with this culture of speculating that any time a woman wants to cover her stomach, wear loose clothing, or do anything out of the ordinary, she must be with child. :rolleyes:

• Heart
Reactions: 8

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Sienna is so beautiful.
I was an extra on something years ago that Sienna Miller was in. She was really friendly to everyone (for the few minutes I saw her close up). Very petite.
Her face was actually lovelier in real life, sort of more boney and interesting than photos convey.

• Heart
Reactions: 7

Dizzy

VIP Member
I really like Alexa - yes she's very skinny and clearly has some kind of eating disorder which is worrying but she's hilarious, self depreciating, very cool and unique.

Sigh… She’s likes these posh blokes doesn’t she. I know everyone needs to get over it but give me Alex Turner 2006 any day

So looking at the Daily Mail, it looks like Alexa has split from Orson… and moved on to Sienna’s ex Tom Sturridge 😮
A64F6538-FF18-436B-843D-386AA2800D4A.jpeg

• Wow
  • Sick

PineappleQueen19

VIP Member
I loved the clothing range she did with M&S a few years ago, based on her dive into their archives. The khaki trench :love:

cee-bee

VIP Member
Alexa Chung just feels nostalgic to me now, like she’s past her hey day and she’s never really moved on with life.

I used to watch her getting ready in the morning when she hosted some music show (I think?) her clothing was always amazing, she was very 00s stick thin and she had a cool boyfriend which to teenage me, was all a girl could ask for.

Now I’m not really sure what she’s up to? She’s just sort of faded a bit. The super skinny look isn’t quite applauded as much as it used to be. Her clothing line is ending (and she isn’t the fashion muse she used to be). Life has moved on but Alexa still feels the same which is both sad and kinda nice.

meowmeowbeans

VIP Member
I wonder what Alexa actually DOES anymore. To make a living, I mean. If you look at her Instagram, she only appears to party, go on holiday, show up at events, and do the occasional ad or brand partnership. Maybe her past jobs have allowed her to be a woman of leisure now?

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
I started one of these threads before but in the wrong place. Anyway does anyone else love her on YT? I really thought she would be a bit annoying but she is so clever and funny. I am an absolute convert. Also though her videos aren't always very long they look good and she obviously cares about them. I thought she deserved her own rave thread!

Reactions: 6

Horatio

VIP Member
Agree with everything, Her YouTube channel is SO good, she’s downright hilarious. As well as gorgeous and impeccably stylish. I’m sure she is anorexic too though, I thought I posted a pic (one she openly uploaded to her Instagram ) in the other thread we had about her , where she looks really malnourished.

meowmeowbeans

VIP Member
Her AlexaChung clothing line is so overpriced for a lot of polyester, not to mention it all runs very, very small. Some of the stuff is cute, if you're into 60s and 70s rock and roll throwbacks with a heavy dose of irony, but their founder is almost 40 and it's hard to imagine most women in that age bracket wanting to wear those things. I'm not quite sure what you'd call Alexa's style anymore. For a while, I thought she wasn't even at Paris Fashion Week this year; she was, it's just that none of the fashion/street style sources featured her.

hehehe

VIP Member
I find her face so beautiful but she goes overboard with the "self-deprecating" humour sometimes, like girl cut the crap no one's buying it.

Very apparent eating disorder too - NIF was so painful to watch.

TakeYourMama

Her clothing was really poor quality - I ordered a few pieces maybe a year after she launched to see what they were like and they were really cheap. The jeans were terrible - really thin like Primark jeans. I also bought a jumper which had a cool motif on the front, it started fraying after about 3 wears - contacted ALEXACHUNG (I did order through Yoox I think) and they directed me back to Yoox who then fobbed me off. It was such poor quality hence me contacting the actual company.

I think she is quite witty and funny but I find her very triggering to follow/watch as she is so thin. I have been down an ED road unfortunately in my life and she brings back a lot of memories unfortunately, sure thats my issue not hers but im not entirely sure she is in a healthy place.

Reactions: 5