Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Reverend

VIP Member
There’s quite a few people I’ve heard saying she was rude, interesting as she seemed so well liked when she was alive.
Apparently, Surprise Surprise got axed when a former runner on her show became a high staff member of ITV. The said runner apparently loathed Cilla after she repeatedly humiliated her, and got her revenge by kicking Cilla out of a job.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 38

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
Apparently, Surprise Surprise got axed when a former runner on her show became a high staff member of ITV. The said runner apparently loathed Cilla after she repeatedly humiliated her, and got her revenge by kicking Cilla out of a job.
Ive heard this is the reason why she pretty disappeared from TV. Be nice to everyone you meet on the way because you’ll meet them again on the way down.

• Heart
Reactions: 33

neo_wales

Not cabin crew but a good old friend of mine worked the cruise liners for thirty years and he always said that the 'real' posh folk, 'old money' were always the politest and the best end of cruise tippers...he hated 'new money' folk back in the 80s, really rude arrogant buggers.

One tip, never be rude to the person bringing your food ;)

Reactions: 24

tarahalls

Chatty Member
The property presenter who seats her kids in economy is Kirstie Allsopp isn’t it? I’m sure that story blew up on Twitter last year?!

I want to know who the horny Cheshire housewife is 😳😂

Reactions: 17

DCICassieStuart

VIP Member
The property presenter who seats her kids in economy is Kirstie Allsopp isn’t it? I’m sure that story blew up on Twitter last year?!
I firmly believe it is. I used to be cabin crew, had Kirstie Allsopp on a flight once. One of the rudest people I've ever come across.

I completely agree with people saying that Kate Moss and Kylie Minogue are both lovely. They really are. I met Kate Moss twice on flights and both times she was absolutely lovely as was Kylie. A friend of mine who worked for a different airline also met Kylie onboard and also said how nice she was.

Reactions: 16

Minxxx

Some of these are definitely true. My best mate was crew for years and my ex is a pilot. Some celebs are sooo entitled and rude. The supermodel is Naomi, she’s a nightmare. No crew have a good word to say about her.

Reactions: 15

quipawiticism

When I was cabin crew (very briefly) we had a few different celebrities fly with us during my time. The only one that sticks out was Jennifer Lawrence. She was super entitled and very cold. She threw a fit about the temperature of her tea and she was met by a ton of security at the gate that hindered the rest of the passengers deplaning. Not that she shouldn't have some security... but the amount she had was ridiculous.

Interestingly, I met her in passing years later (I work in film) and she had a totally different attitude. Now, I don't want to bag on her too much because travelling is stressful and I have no idea how long she'd be flying for that day. But good LORD. The difference was astounding.

• Wow
Reactions: 14

PeteM

VIP Member
Have heard from an air stewardess friend that Madonna is...er, "challenging". In other words, a total arsehole.

Reactions: 14

glasgow27

VIP Member
Cilla & Lulu are the two who are universally loathed.

I don't put much faith in anyone's opinion if they randomly meet a celeb in public (most would get frustrated if several people approached them for selfies/autographs while at Tesco or wherever else) but you can always tell a lot about someone by how they treat those in customer service.

Reactions: 13

Dollylovesshoes

VIP Member
I know someone very well thar was a pilot for private aircrafts (he also had flown with commercial),he has worked all over and especially Brazil,one of the lovelies guys he said he ever met was Ayrton Senna,he said just a great polite bloke,as my friend was F1 fan,they used to talk about it loads of times when he met him,gave him a lovely framed photograph of him,he treasures.

• Heart
Reactions: 11

CarlyJones92

I worked as cabin crew for around 10 years never had any real problems with any celebrities I tended to pretend to not know who they are and a lot of the time you are too busy to realise...I had served Paul Hollywood a couple of times and was about to say to him you look like that guy from bake off when I checked the manifest and it was him 🤣. My absolute favourites and the nicest people ever have been Stephen Fry and Susanna Reid though they are both very wonderful, polite and down to earth people!

Reactions: 10

Lizzymint

VIP Member
Speaking of Dawn Ward , she has been travelling all over during lockdown posting pics of her with the family on various Yacht‘s / locations in the med with lots of different families/ social groups .
Also meeting up with family & friends in big groups for dinner at an Indian restaurant in Halifax ( on extra lockdown restrictions) now surprise surprise the Ward family have Covid, she even said in an interview with MEN she didn’t think they would get it ... flouted every lockdown restriction Dawn , really 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Wow
Reactions: 10

tarahalls

Chatty Member
I firmly believe it is. I used to be cabin crew, had Kirstie Allsopp on a flight once. One of the rudest people I've ever come across.

I completely agree with people saying that Kate Moss and Kylie Minogue are both lovely. They really are. I met Kate Moss twice on flights and both times she was absolutely lovely as was Kylie. A friend of mine who worked for a different airline also met Kylie onboard and also said how nice she was.
I’ve met both socially & concur they’re lovely! I was shocked tbh at how ‘normal’ & unstarry Kylie was!
From those stories, it seems flying brings out the worst in some people 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 9