Advice on under eye concealer...

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Depends on your skin type. I have very dry skin and don't use ANY powder or drying stuff on my skin, just a setting spray to hold it all in. But there are oily people out there who couldn't live without powder.

What is your colouring? It makes a huge difference to correcting depending.
Again, thank so much everyone!

In response to your question, my colouring is medium to fair I would say. I use NW22 foundation from Mac if that helps at all.

Again, thank so much everyone!

In response to your question, my colouring is medium to fair I would say. I use NW22 foundation from Mac if that helps at all.
You can probably use the same products as me then. Just wanted to make sure you didn't have dark skin, or you'd look awful! I use these from Revlon, then CC cream, then a tiny bit of concealer on the outer side of my eyes, which doubles as highlight whilst covering the big vein I have there. What other products do you use? It's all about layering things that go with each other, as well as your skin.

You can probably use the same products as me then. Just wanted to make sure you didn't have dark skin, or you'd look awful! I use these from Revlon, then CC cream, then a tiny bit of concealer on the outer side of my eyes, which doubles as highlight whilst covering the big vein I have there. What other products do you use? It's all about layering things that go with each other, as well as your skin.
So I use a nivea bb cream with a tint as a base. Mac foundation and concealer in a similar shade - I have a concealer cream in a pot and the liquid version - both Mac. Then I have collection bronzer and eyeliner. I also use a matte face powder to cement it all down 😂 it’s quite a lot of layers so I’m probably worried about looking too cakey. All advice welcome!

Preparation is key.... Invest in a good hydrating eye cream. This will keep your under eye area hydrated meaning your concealer will look and stay better 😍 don’t bring your foundation up to under your eyes. Leave this area free for concealer only! Too much product there will only build up and won’t look great.
I would Invest in a good concealer like nars radiant creamy concealer (vanilla is a brilliant shade if you are fair skinned like me). It’s pricey but worth it. An excellent cheaper product is collection lasting perfection concealer- amazing and only £4ish. If you wanted a good translucent powder would recommend Laura mercier. Don’t go too heavy handed with the translucent powder as again want it to look as smooth and uncakey as possible 😘 hope that helps xxxxx

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Preparation is key.... Invest in a good hydrating eye cream. This will keep your under eye area hydrated meaning your concealer will look and stay better 😍 don’t bring your foundation up to under your eyes. Leave this area free for concealer only! Too much product there will only build up and won’t look great.
I would Invest in a good concealer like nars radiant creamy concealer (vanilla is a brilliant shade if you are fair skinned like me). It’s pricey but worth it. An excellent cheaper product is collection lasting perfection concealer- amazing and only £4ish. If you wanted a good translucent powder would recommend Laura mercier. Don’t go too heavy handed with the translucent powder as again want it to look as smooth and uncakey as possible 😘 hope that helps xxxxx
Thank you! So helpful. What under eye cream would you recommend if any? Xx

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Thank you! So helpful. What under eye cream would you recommend if any? Xx
You’re welcome 😘 I use an eye cream by image skincare, it’s the vital c one. It is amazing, so hydrating and very good for puffiness!!! Couldn’t be without it. It is pricey if you don’t normally use an eye cream but it’s soooo good. Think it’s around £46 or so. Can get it from Thérapie. Hope you have fun shopping for your new bits 😘 xxxx

• Heart
I use this colour correcting concealor from urban decay in the pink shade apply before my normal concealor and it works wonders for darkness under the eye. You only need a very small amount as well. I’ve never found any concealor that does anything for darkness under the eye I’ve used high end and low end concealor and this has been hands down the best it is on the pricier side around £20 but honestly worth it lasts ages too. Even if I use a cheaper concealor over the top of it it still looks as good. I really notice a difference in my under eye makeup when I don’t use it if I run out or whatever but 110% recommend. Also I apply with my finger usually as warms the product up and melts into the skin nicely

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Another one here for Bye Bye Undereye. I have terrible dark circles. I've tried everything & find most concealers drying. Bye Bye undereye is hydrating and the coverage is the best. The smoothing brush makes it glide on. I got a darker one for my nose, makeup never stays on there.

You need to get becca under eye brighter it’s on cult beauty. Apply before concealer and you’ll have the best undereye ever

Good skin care helps I make sure nice and hydrated before doing the make up - then primer I use a smash box one currently.
Fav concealers under the eye is by iconic not the cheapest but really good. I apply with a flat brush ( peaches and cream - very reasonably priced & can search by different sections on the brushes)
I then use a sponge and put on fenty beauty in banana I think the colour is called and leave the powder on while at least a min but more like 5 while I contour the rest of my face
Then slowly starting from the outer edge brush off / in with a medium fluffy brush - key is to take your time. I do like my eyes a little brighter underneath but not mad different like you see on the insta models! The fenty powder doesn’t give bad flash back or anything

Always finish the face with urban decay all nighter - does not shift! Iv been out partying / raving for like over a day (don’t judge 🤣) and it’s still stayed on perfect 👌🏻 xxx

Guys, I use Revolution matte base concealer .. Shade C4. It was about £4 in superdrug! I honestly swear by it and i have used many!!

I swear by make up revolution conceal and define concealer.. It’s only £4! I wouldn’t use anything else.

Reactions: 2