Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Base2019

VIP Member
Preparation is key.... Invest in a good hydrating eye cream. This will keep your under eye area hydrated meaning your concealer will look and stay better 😍 don’t bring your foundation up to under your eyes. Leave this area free for concealer only! Too much product there will only build up and won’t look great.
I would Invest in a good concealer like nars radiant creamy concealer (vanilla is a brilliant shade if you are fair skinned like me). It’s pricey but worth it. An excellent cheaper product is collection lasting perfection concealer- amazing and only £4ish. If you wanted a good translucent powder would recommend Laura mercier. Don’t go too heavy handed with the translucent powder as again want it to look as smooth and uncakey as possible 😘 hope that helps xxxxx

• Heart
Reactions: 5

under the ivy

VIP Member
Bobbi Brown corrector, foundation then concealer, I’ve noticed a difference since using Nars Creamy Concealer. It’s well worth investing in if you can afford it x

Reactions: 4

Emoji

Chatty Member
I use a corrector under my eyes before concealer. This helps massively. I’m currently using the Beauty Pie one as I have a subscription, it’s fab. The Bobbi Brown one is fantastic, if you’re looking for a cheaper alternative the NYX one is great.
I pat it on with my ring finger. I apply my foundation then concealer after.
Hope this helps.

Reactions: 4

BegDavis

IT cosmetics bye bye under eye is life changing-
Plus no wrinkle lines. The tube lasts for ages too, a little goes a long way! Also a fan of the Nars concealers. I’ve started using a concealer brush to blend with my under eye make up.

• Heart
Reactions: 3

noseybirdxo

VIP Member
Becca under eye brightener followed by it cosmetics bye bye under eye or tarte shape tape! i go through a variety of techniques of blender/brush/pat in with a brush sometimes depends on rest of my face x

Roz99

Agree with all the others on using a colour corrector. Whatever concealer you go for, I tend to find that less is more. I have terrible dark eyes (thanks genetics!), and used to apply loads but it always ended up creasing and just looking rubbish. Now I use only a little, and whatever you use to apply (finger, brush, sponge, etc) just dab gently till it blends with your skin. Some kind of setting powder/ spray helps, I apply after the colour corrector and let it dry or settle before moving on to my next product.

Maybe have a look at some YouTube tutorials too, it’s how I learned everything! I personally like Ali Andreea, she done a great series on common makeup application mistakes.

Scorpihoe

VIP Member
The huda beauty concealer is amazing! Quite thick though
The revolution concealer is good
Nars (the one in the pot)

Reactions: 2

HoneyBee29

VIP Member
I use this colour correcting concealor from urban decay in the pink shade apply before my normal concealor and it works wonders for darkness under the eye. You only need a very small amount as well. I’ve never found any concealor that does anything for darkness under the eye I’ve used high end and low end concealor and this has been hands down the best it is on the pricier side around £20 but honestly worth it lasts ages too. Even if I use a cheaper concealor over the top of it it still looks as good. I really notice a difference in my under eye makeup when I don’t use it if I run out or whatever but 110% recommend. Also I apply with my finger usually as warms the product up and melts into the skin nicely

Attachments

• Heart

YellowLadybird

Chatty Member
I colour correct with Revlon, the pinky and purple one both. Works much better than a concealer underneath my bb cream.

LaurieLaurie

VIP Member
I swear by make up revolution conceal and define concealer.. It’s only £4! I wouldn’t use anything else.

1001 others

VIP Member
I use a cheapie Maybelline one which is wonderful. The secret is to dab it on with your ring finger (the one next to your pinkie finger) ... dab gently, don't wipe, as that will crepe the skin.

• Heart
Reactions: 1

bobthedragqueen

Preparation is key.... Invest in a good hydrating eye cream. This will keep your under eye area hydrated meaning your concealer will look and stay better 😍 don’t bring your foundation up to under your eyes. Leave this area free for concealer only! Too much product there will only build up and won’t look great.
I would Invest in a good concealer like nars radiant creamy concealer (vanilla is a brilliant shade if you are fair skinned like me). It’s pricey but worth it. An excellent cheaper product is collection lasting perfection concealer- amazing and only £4ish. If you wanted a good translucent powder would recommend Laura mercier. Don’t go too heavy handed with the translucent powder as again want it to look as smooth and uncakey as possible 😘 hope that helps xxxxx
Thank you! So helpful. What under eye cream would you recommend if any? Xx

• Heart

JodieB12

You need to get becca under eye brighter it’s on cult beauty. Apply before concealer and you’ll have the best undereye ever