Advice on under eye concealer...

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hello my darlings,

Looking for advice on concealers please. For as long as I can remember I have had dark circles and I have tried many different concealers to try and keep them at bay with no luck! Currently using MAC and am having not much success but have ordered a concealer brush to try that instead of a sponge.

Does anyone have any recommendations or advice on how to apply it?

Recommendations for other makeup bits welcome, too! X

I use a corrector under my eyes before concealer. This helps massively. I’m currently using the Beauty Pie one as I have a subscription, it’s fab. The Bobbi Brown one is fantastic, if you’re looking for a cheaper alternative the NYX one is great.
I pat it on with my ring finger. I apply my foundation then concealer after.
Hope this helps.

Reactions: 4
I colour correct with Revlon, the pinky and purple one both. Works much better than a concealer underneath my bb cream.

Reactions: 2
Thank you for your replies guys! I’ve never used a corrector before and honestly haven’t heard of it which probably makes me sound silly! I’ll definitely try it x

IT cosmetics bye bye under eye is life changing-
Plus no wrinkle lines. The tube lasts for ages too, a little goes a long way! Also a fan of the Nars concealers. I’ve started using a concealer brush to blend with my under eye make up.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
IT cosmetics bye bye under eye is life changing-
Plus no wrinkle lines. The tube lasts for ages too, a little goes a long way! Also a fan of the Nars concealers. I’ve started using a concealer brush to blend with my under eye make up.
How have you found the concealer brush? I use a sponge currently and have used my fingers in the past but just don’t think it makes a difference to the lines. Just waiting for it to arrive!

How have you found the concealer brush? I use a sponge currently and have used my fingers in the past but just don’t think it makes a difference to the lines. Just waiting for it to arrive!
I love it, I bought the morph under eye one which works perfectly. I found the sponge soaked up too much and I tend to drag the concealer or foundation across with the sponge 🙈!

Reactions: 1
Bobbi Brown corrector, foundation then concealer, I’ve noticed a difference since using Nars Creamy Concealer. It’s well worth investing in if you can afford it x

Reactions: 4
I use a cheapie Maybelline one which is wonderful. The secret is to dab it on with your ring finger (the one next to your pinkie finger) ... dab gently, don't wipe, as that will crepe the skin.

• Heart
I use the makeup revolution ones... they are £4 and highly rated by loads of make up bloggers etc and have soo many shades

Becca under eye brightener followed by it cosmetics bye bye under eye or tarte shape tape! i go through a variety of techniques of blender/brush/pat in with a brush sometimes depends on rest of my face x

The huda beauty concealer is amazing! Quite thick though
The revolution concealer is good
Nars (the one in the pot)

Apply your concealer in an upside down triangle under your eye not just a line along the dark circle. Use primer, then foundation, then concealer, then set with powder.

Apply your concealer in an upside down triangle under your eye not just a line along the dark circle. Use primer, then foundation, then concealer, then set with powder.
Thank you for this! I was never sure whether to set with powder as I didn’t know if it would make it look congealed in that area? X

Thank you for this! I was never sure whether to set with powder as I didn’t know if it would make it look congealed in that area? X
Depends on your skin type. I have very dry skin and don't use ANY powder or drying stuff on my skin, just a setting spray to hold it all in. But there are oily people out there who couldn't live without powder.

What is your colouring? It makes a huge difference to correcting depending.

Agree with all the others on using a colour corrector. Whatever concealer you go for, I tend to find that less is more. I have terrible dark eyes (thanks genetics!), and used to apply loads but it always ended up creasing and just looking rubbish. Now I use only a little, and whatever you use to apply (finger, brush, sponge, etc) just dab gently till it blends with your skin. Some kind of setting powder/ spray helps, I apply after the colour corrector and let it dry or settle before moving on to my next product.

Maybe have a look at some YouTube tutorials too, it’s how I learned everything! I personally like Ali Andreea, she done a great series on common makeup application mistakes.