Advice for big busted women

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Go to Bravissimo for a fitting and invest in a couple of their bras:
www.bravissimo.com/shops/all/

I never thought a bra would make a difference in how big mine (DD) or comfort but I felt it as soon as she put the bra on me. Not only that, I turned up looking like a sweaty scruff and was treated like a valued customer of years.

I refuse to shop anywhere else now and will tell fellow busties to do so too till I'm blue in the face.
Their clothes are amazing too, really pricey but i manage to get some bits in sales. For other shops, fat face and white stuff seems to accommodate big busts ok.

Reactions: 2
They are good for bikinis too (if any of us will ever need one again). Pricey as with the bras but worth it for feeling confident. All the Bravissimo boob scaffolding I’ve had be it bra or bikini top has washed well and lasted a long time.

30F here and recommend Bravissimo
They have some lovely bras online and it's great for swimwear.

Reactions: 3
I'm a 38f. I find tshirt bras give a nice shape. I still wear vest tops etc but i avoid anything that buttons!

Thanks so so much for this! I’m quite shocked but I really want to find out what proper size I am now. I was measured ages ago by marks but the bras never seem to fit right at all, and my armpits seem to go over the top slightly so I know they aren’t sitting right. So I will have a go at this. Thank you such a lot x
If you can get your fingers underneath the band in between your boobs then the back size is too big. It should also sit flat at the back and not ride up. I reckon you are defo more of a 30 back x

Definitely don’t go by marks measurement, they are useless!

Does your bra ride up at the back? If so, it’s not the right size.
Sometimes it rides up my back and my straps are always tight on me, by reading on here I really need to go to bravissimo. I’m wondering if since coming off the injection with all the hormones and stuff maybe they have got slightly bigger as they ache so much and the bras aren’t helping either with them being the wrong size

Go to Bravissimo for a fitting and invest in a couple of their bras:
www.bravissimo.com/shops/all/

I never thought a bra would make a difference in how big mine (DD) or comfort but I felt it as soon as she put the bra on me. Not only that, I turned up looking like a sweaty scruff and was treated like a valued customer of years.

I refuse to shop anywhere else now and will tell fellow busties to do so too till I'm blue in the face.

This is one of the styles I ought. I ended up buying a couple more as it's so comfy. It's not as hard to do up as you'd think.
www.bravissimo.com/products/alexa-bra-ln553/#black-ln553blk

View attachment 136294
I will defo make a trip to bravissimo I think, I’m sure my boobs have grown and I think I need to invest in some good support. And Iv been on their website and the bras look amazing

Reactions: 1
Straps are really just for comfort - as in the expectation we have of shoulders being involved - but the work of support should be coming from beneath and from the cups, so your straps really shouldn’t be taking any strain and certainly not be tight.

Going to Bravissimo is a great shout - you’ll feel like a different woman x

• Heart
Sometimes it rides up my back and my straps are always tight on me, by reading on here I really need to go to bravissimo. I’m wondering if since coming off the injection with all the hormones and stuff maybe they have got slightly bigger as they ache so much and the bras aren’t helping either with them being the wrong size
Are you sure you’re not pregnant? Do your nipples hurt? That was my first pregnancy symptom!

My boobs hurt every month and I am never pregnant (thank god). Just in case you’re alarmed by the above suggestion.

My boobs hurt every month and I am never pregnant (thank god). Just in case you’re alarmed by the above suggestion.
I asked because I’ve posted on another thread she’s on talking about worrying she won’t be able to get pregnant if she goes through an early menopause like her Mum.

I'm definitely not pregnant and and mine hurt every month. And increase in size too, like they aren't big enough already 🤦‍♀️

So Iv just measured my boobs with a link someone posted and it says I’m a 28F!! Makes me feel massive!

I asked because I’ve posted on another thread she’s on talking about worrying she won’t be able to get pregnant if she goes through an early menopause like her Mum.
No my nipples don’t hurt hun, just ache and are really heavy. It’s ever since I came off this injection! And my boobs are so uncomfortable that’s why I wondered if they had grown and maybe need another bra. Iv just measured them using a link someone posted and it says I’m 28F! Xx

itll sound massive because were used to anything over a DD being big, but the number and letter mean duck all on their own x

• Heart
So Iv just measured my boobs with a link someone posted and it says I’m a 28F!! Makes me feel massive!
Take no notice - we’ve all been brain washed into believe anything about a C is glamour model-esque. If it’s more palatable M&S would still have you as a C cup 😊

I mean at double G there’s no escaping my Nurse Gladys Emmanuel proportions but I try to have a stiff upper lip about it.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
If you're a size 8 you definitely aren't a 34dd, im 12/14 and wear a 30 band. Boob or bust recommend that your band measurement should not be over 20 inches plus your dress size, so I'd hazard a guess you will actually be a 26/28 band. Plus cup size, don't be alarmed if you turn out to be f or g or higher. I can totally understand why you want a minimizer bra but if you are properly measured and you can do this at home with a cloth tape, you will find that a well fitted and supportive bra will change your life. I don't know what my exact cup size is now as I don't wear normal bras anymore, I only wear Molke, they are intended for breastfeeding but they are a lifesaver for me who hates clasps and fiddly bits, but they aren't suited to everyone.

I used this link you posted and you were totally right! I’m a 28F! Xx

• Wow
I used this link you posted and you were totally right! I’m a 28F! Xx
You're deinfately not massive, a 28f is not the same size as a 38f, I'll try to find one of their fb posts and show you the comparison, but also so happy for you that you have found your size!

• Heart
You're deinfately not massive, a 28f is not the same size as a 38f, I'll try to find one of their fb posts and show you the comparison, but also so happy for you that you have found your size!
I think it’s just abit of a shock! Sounds silly but I always thought, From a young girl I was like 32/ 34 back! I think it’s the size my mum originally bought for me but I dont think my mums been buying the right bras for herself for years either. She’s tiny and she buys like 36 back! But to know I’m 28 and now an F!!! But I’m pleased I know because my boobs are so painful at the moment that I’m desperate for a good bra. The only relief I get is when I’m in the bath. And Iv been feeling like nothing suits me, I can’t wear nice tops and I just walk around in baggy jumpers. I feel like it’s really knocking my confidence. So I’m going to do some online shopping and order a few in this new size xx thanks so much for your help i really appreciate it! Xx

If it’s further comfort, 28 back is really very petite.

Fits vary slightly across brands so just be mindful of that if the fit‘s are different.

I can't find the post but I did find someone who is a 26h and got a pack of 38d bras from matalan, took the straps apart and resewed them and the cups fit perfectly.
Also 28f would equal to a 30e or a 32dd, or a 26g, I can't remember all the details of the cup sizing and how much they differ. So cos I'm a 30h (last time I measured myself ages ago) would be a 32gg, 34g, etc. I have one sports bra that's a 34g.

This is a really nice supportive bra, I used to have one of these. Also would recommend you stay away from moulded cup bras for now.

Last edited:
  • Heart