Adverts you hate #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There’s a horrible McDonalds ad that’s new with people slurping their milkshakes. I have misophonia and absolutely hate that sound! It’s like when summer comes round with the Magnum ads. I dread them because I hate the crunch.
I’m the same,I can’t bear it.

Reactions: 6
There’s a horrible McDonalds ad that’s new with people slurping their milkshakes. I have misophonia and absolutely hate that sound! It’s like when summer comes round with the Magnum ads. I dread them because I hate the crunch.
I don't have a phobia about it but I still loathe those Magnum ads with the soundtrack of breaking concrete or my pigs crunching whole walnuts up. Awful. Now they've added a cuckoo clock squawking "mini mini mini" to advance the Annoyance Factor to the max 😡

Reactions: 9
I don't have a phobia about it but I still loathe those Magnum ads with the soundtrack of breaking concrete or my pigs crunching whole walnuts up. Awful. Now they've added a cuckoo clock squawking "mini mini mini" to advance the Annoyance Factor to the max 😡
There’s also a Lindt advert now with a massive crack as someone bites into the chocolate. It sounds like plastic being snapped in half. I don’t know why advertisers think that’s appetising.

Reactions: 8
There’s also a Lindt advert now with a massive crack as someone bites into the chocolate. It sounds like plastic being snapped in half. I don’t know why advertisers think that’s appetising.
It probably IS plastic being snapped in half. I watched a documentary once about movie sounds (I think the people who work on it are called Foleys? ) Apparently common sounds like axes cutting are done by axes being swung into iceberg lettuces, feet walking on pavements are done by an artist on a tap dancing surface, etc. All to enhance the sound effect. Since I watched that, I can't help but guess what object has been used to enhance the sounds in films 😂

That magnum one is annoying.

Reactions: 4
The bank advert with the god awful version of Girl on Fire being absolutely murdered. It seems to be on constantly too.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Holy cat! Recycle your electricals. I thought my coffee had been spiked with LSD.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
that dorito advert where they turn into animals and she turns into a lizard and does an annoying dance after stealing the dorito with her lizard tongue! annoying and tit

________

the cringe extra chewing gum advert of that man in the suit dancing. he's not even dancing to the same song and his dancing is classic middle aged person trying to be funny... stop !!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
There's an ad for the new Armani My Way perfume. Naturally they've used the song "My Way" in the ad, but it's a god‐awful, breathy, twee version of it. I hate that trend, but surely if you're going to call your perfume "My Way", you should be using the definitive version of that song.

While I'm here, the D&G sunglasses ad that keeps appearing on YouTube. Sulky models wearing their sunglasses in a dark swimming pool. As you do.
---
The bank advert with the god awful version of Girl on Fire being absolutely murdered. It seems to be on constantly too.
I agree, but I think it's the original version. Alicia Keys does tend to veer towards the unlistenable when she's belting them out.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
There’s a car advert with an awful cover of Just Can’t Get Enough. So boring and unoriginal.

Reactions: 3
I don’t mind the Magnum crunch sound but whole ad is just a bit pervy. The way she’s looking at him, then giving him the ice cream in a very seductive way and then bites her lip. Ew. Chill!

Reactions: 1
Verisure. Jeez they just get worse!
Now we have a gaggle of expectant mums trilling about how reassured they feel now they've got the Verisure alarm. Woo bloody hoo 😡

• Haha
Reactions: 12
The John Lewis one showing the dad with the baby from birth to first day at school it drags on for ages you expect it to be advertising nappies or wet wipes and it's bloody john Lewis this is the company that brought us the trampolining boxer dog what a load of drivel

That Tesco mobile advert with the guy in the well. Shove the trolley in and leave the man down there.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.