Adverts you hate #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
that Malteasers advert with Gran and Gerard her "companion"............................................... Jeez

• Sick
Reactions: 8
I'm developing a morbid fear that when my life draws to a close and I am in my final moments heading towards the white light and oblivion a dreadfully tit tune will blare out of the ether:-

"This girl is on FIYAHHH! This girl is on FIYAHHH!"

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Yep I am with you on this one Rave 🤣 it grates me sooo much and it's embarrassing with me being Welsh ! And the saleswoman poking around the customers jewellery she brought in to sell with her goddamn awful nails as if she is sorting the crap from the good stuff 😂
Thank you! That advert is bloody awful and those nails! Yuk!
Others - so many cremation, funeral plans, later life planning. Just stop.
Carl the wombat on the Meerkat advert. How can he a relative? And he’s bloody annoying.
At least Tesco have spared us with their freaky advert although it will probably run again tomorrow now I have mentioned it!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
The worse thing is IMO if some advertising types read this topic they'll be delighted as they are so delusional.

"oh, they're talking about our ad! It's working!"

Yeah. People are talking about it because it's bleeping horrendous. It's making them feel queasy and hateful.

You've got to wonder how big a role cocaine psychosis plays in this "creative" process.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
There's one with a real life girl suffering with Anorexia on it and it's so ill thought out that it contains triggering content for other's suffering EDs. I don't even know what it's advertising because I had to switch it off at the Pro-Ana part (thigh measuring etc).

Whoever greenlit it has made a very dangerous call.
I'm sure this is a Dove advert.
I personally found it very triggering and this is coming from someone in their 20s. I firstly discovered pro ana content through Tumblr around 2012- 2014 . It was hugely toxic and unfortunately that culture seems to have worked its way over to tiktok. This kind of content has gripped me from the age of 12/13 into my mid 20s.
Not that it is right for Social media to have this content. But in my opinion it is absolutely disgusting to be promoting it on TV. I really do feel that this advert could potentially lead to seeking out similar content online.

If I knew what was coming up in the advert, I would have changed channels. I do not recall any warning about the content of the upcoming advert. Far far too graphic.

Hope you're okay 🤗

• Heart
Reactions: 6
"Carl the wombat on the Meerkat advert. How can he a relative? And he’s bloody annoying. "

Yeah. duck Carl the Wombat!:mad:

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I'm sure this is a Dove advert.
I personally found it very triggering and this is coming from someone in their 20s. I firstly discovered pro ana content through Tumblr around 2012- 2014 . It was hugely toxic and unfortunately that culture seems to have worked its way over to tiktok. This kind of content has gripped me from the age of 12/13 into my mid 20s.
Not that it is right for Social media to have this content. But in my opinion it is absolutely disgusting to be promoting it on TV. I really do feel that this advert could potentially lead to seeking out similar content online.

If I knew what was coming up in the advert, I would have changed channels. I do not recall any warning about the content of the upcoming advert. Far far too graphic.

Hope you're okay 🤗
I am surprised it hasn't been reported to advertising standards or OFCOM to be fair!

Reactions: 2
I am surprised it hasn't been reported to advertising standards or OFCOM to be fair!
Same.
I looked at reporting it myself but for the life of me i can't remember the channel , programme or date it happened to be able to report it. I am happy to report it, if anyone can give me any of the above information. I am not usually one to make a complaint but there is no reason for it to be on it. Or I at least feel there should be a audible content warning.

I've had a quick Google and there doesn't seem to be that much of a discussion around this advert. On a different discussion website there was a small discussion about this ad. They were saying how there should be a warning and apparently there was in the corner. But another replied how they weren't able to skip the advert, on the platform they were watching.

Reactions: 1
I saw it. Bits of it are kind of stuck in my brain but I only saw it the once.

5-14 days ago.

Nay have been more4. Don't quote me on that though.

Last edited:
Im sure it has been mentioned,

melissa mcarthy booked adverts.

bleeping HATE THEM AND HER

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Google Pixel 🤬 “ I say it with my chest” omg 🤮
I've only just seen this one. It's pure hateful 🤬

Another one is some pension scheme where a guy recites a poem about not being over the hill and wanting to do exciting stuff (like going to minature steam railways).

Bet he's a bleeping riot at parties with his special bag of Werthers.

Reactions: 4
I'm developing a morbid fear that when my life draws to a close and I am in my final moments heading towards the white light and oblivion a dreadfully tit tune will blare out of the ether:-

"This girl is on FIYAHHH! This girl is on FIYAHHH!"
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm now theres an idea! "This girl is on FIYER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
I could have that as the crematorium doors open!!

Oh and bastard Verisure have churned out another shocker for us. Two old geezers sitting outside their camper van when one answers the phone to be told his brother is en route to his house because he's been burgled - but its OK!! Panic not!!!
Verisure activated Zero Vision and the baddies ran away Woo Hoo!!!! Oh God.................................................... :rolleyes:

• Haha
I wonder if that's ever actually been used at a cremation ceremony? I wouldn't be surprised tbh.

I always fancied deliberately choosing inappropiate memorial songs. Like "Rocking all over the world" when the coffin goes behing the curtains.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.