Adverts you hate #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Two current YouTube ad annoyances that are on all the time:

The awful Qatar one. Jazz the advert up all you like, you can keep your modern slavery metropolis, thanks.

The H&M ad with Gigi Hadid and that bloody "Yes Sir I Can Boogie" song.

Reactions: 13
On the beach (annoying awful Xmas song)

Dove (young girl using filters)

Smart life insurance (too repetitive)

Omaze (the woman's voice grates on me and has a stupid grin on her face)

Reactions: 11
Twee, girly cover of Seven Nation Army on the new Samsung advert. I hate it when this type of cover is used. You spend the first 30 seconds thinking "I'm sure I know this song". Then when you realise what it is, you hate that advert forever more.

Reactions: 10
Twee, girly cover of Seven Nation Army on the new Samsung advert. I hate it when this type of cover is used. You spend the first 30 seconds thinking "I'm sure I know this song". Then when you realise what it is, you hate that advert forever more.
That is a stupid ad all round. The owl. The 'boss babe' attitude, with a twist of 'not like other girls'. It feels more like a Nike ad than Samsung too.

But that cover song? Oh holy hell it's awful.

Reactions: 2
I kinda love / hate this. Remember when the last round of the sugababes were advertising operating systems? They made a god awful card in Word and spoke about impossible things like adding ballons to clipart. There were continuity errors with the times new roman uppercase red text changing to a wordart rainbow. The worst is not that the music was their kinda cover of I'm too sexy but that they pretended to use bing

Reactions: 4
The what3words advert, where the elderly couple are stealing their neighbour's parcels. That would infuriate me

Reactions: 8
The latest ubiquitous YouTube ad. I think it's for Google Search. It's a young man and woman on a building site with cement mixers, asking random questions like "why do so few women work on building sites?"

I don't know...because they don't want to? I can't imagine there's a massive amount of women being held back from their dream bricklaying career.

If this is about equality, why not also ask why so few men work in midwifery? I'm so fed up of everything being issue-driven. There's a time and a place for everything, but you can't even watch adverts now without having an agenda shoved down your throat.

Reactions: 21
"Aldi price matches", and other supermarkets comparing themselves to Aldi and Lidl (and vice versa). I think it's cringe!

Reactions: 9
There's an ad at the minute for Amazon.
There's music and under the music is a 'christmassy' sounding bell...

It makes me irrationally cross as it isn't Christmas..

The Gousto one with the song "Enola Gay." WHY are you using a song about nuclear war to advertise food boxes?

The one with Kermit singing "something something right where I belong" it is annoying af and I don't even know what it's for. I don't recognise the brand and it's not clear wha product/service is being advertised

Reactions: 11
Nationwide with the women in that clothes shop talking about owning a home and just having their own curtains. I have lived in a rented home for 9 years and have my own curtains. They need to dream bigger.

Reactions: 19
Just seen the most depressing advert on the ITV Hub. It started with a mum bringing her new fella home, and her daughter is obviously not impressed with the new guy. Few more scenes of the daughter not liking the dad...then the next scene is the mum obviously ill and dying in bed. Final scene is the girl all grown up on her wedding day, gifting her now stepdad a watch. Thanks for cheering me up with that one, Beaverbrooks.

Reactions: 9
The Ecover ad where the guy gets older as he says “over and over and over and over and over and over...”

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.