Actually Honest - skin care and make up reviews

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can anyone recommend absolutely ANYTHING to help a 50 year old right side sleeper that’s trying to stop going too wrinkly round the eyes on one side only 😆

I had a look at some cut out pillows but nearly had a heart attack at the £400 to nearly £700 cost.

Is it worth trying to sleep with eye patches on? Anything really hydrating/plumping for the morning after?

Reactions: 1
Can anyone recommend absolutely ANYTHING to help a 50 year old right side sleeper that’s trying to stop going too wrinkly round the eyes on one side only 😆

I had a look at some cut out pillows but nearly had a heart attack at the £400 to nearly £700 cost.

Is it worth trying to sleep with eye patches on? Anything really hydrating/plumping for the morning after?
Silk sleeping masks could be a good idea, drowsy sleep co do an amazing one - bit expensive but it’s been a game changer for my sleep and my face.

Otherwise probably a retinol eye cream will help x

• Heart

Are you actually going wrinkly though? Or is it just a theoretical worry? Because you move around more than you think in your sleep, and I promise you aren't always leaning on the same part of your face/body.

Reactions: 2
THANK YOU SO MUCH. This is a game changer.

Also- I know it’s not strictly skin or makeup but if anyone knows of an excellent strengthening nail polish or gel nail rehab treatment Id love to know. I’ve tried the Sally Hansen Nail Rehab but feel it’s no different to a standard nude polish. Love something that fills ridges too.
I've used Nailtiques for years to strengthen my nails it's amazing. The top layer of mine used to peel off and Nailtiques stopped that happening.

Their factory got destroyed in a hurricane a few years ago and then they got hit by Covid, so stock in hard to find at the moment. I buy mine from ebay. When they are bad I used formula 2 plus. Your apply a coat on top of another coat each day for about 5 days, then remove it with non-acetone remover and start over again. My nails are rock hard when I use it for a while.

Have you tried training yourself to sleep on your back? HotandFlashy (Angie) did a video a while ago - on YouTube - about how she trained herself to sleep on her back. I haven't been able to do it myself - even though I'm convinced that back sleeping is one of the best things you can do for your face - but you may do better than I did.

• Heart
Oh are you? How can I find you? Not sure if you are allowed to give your user name on here though?🤔

Silk eye mask - would highly recommend the drowsy sleep co ones they are amazing. Also a silk pillow case would be a good shout too! Look into an ice roller for your face eye area and invest in a good eye cream if your not using one already

• Heart
Silk eye mask - would highly recommend the drowsy sleep co ones they are amazing. Also a silk pillow case would be a good shout too! Look into an ice roller for your face eye area and invest in a good eye cream if your not using one already
I said drowsy sleep co too!!!! So glad someone else knows about them, it’s the best sleep mask I’ve ever had!

• Heart
Definitely sleeping 90% on one side (medical issue) and there is a significant difference in both sides 😭 At the moment NYX pore filler is doing the most AMAZING job of blurring the wrinkles. Cannot recommend it enough for any pore filling/wrinkle hiding, yup, even under the eye….doesn’t crease even with concealor on top, Left eye still looks like I’m 21! Honestly. I’ve never ever sunbathed and it’s paying off now.

I saw those silk masks when I was looking for pillows and will get one now. I am a complete newby on retinol. Very much keen to use it. Can it be bought without a prescription?

Thank you all! Much appreciated. X

Oh are you? How can I find you? Not sure if you are allowed to give your user name on here though?🤔
Is this for me Crumpet?

Reactions: 3
Definitely sleeping 90% on one side (medical issue) and there is a significant difference in both sides 😭 At the moment NYX pore filler is doing the most AMAZING job of blurring the wrinkles. Cannot recommend it enough for any pore filling/wrinkle hiding, yup, even under the eye….doesn’t crease even with concealor on top, Left eye still looks like I’m 21! Honestly. I’ve never ever sunbathed and it’s paying off now.

I saw those silk masks when I was looking for pillows and will get one now. I am a complete newby on retinol. Very much keen to use it. Can it be bought without a prescription?

Thank you all! Much appreciated. X

Is this for me Crumpet?
Potentially - the comment looks like you posted it ( it’s on page 48 - a few comments down). For some reason it’s not quoted properly ( and I’m guessing the comment was from you as you mentioned earlier on the page about trying Vinted ). 🙂

Is anyone else using Skin + Me?
I have just completed my 1st month treatment, and about 3 weeks in I was raving about it but it's all gone Pete Tong.
I am getting extreme dry patches at the corners of my mouth and it's burning a little when I apply a plain moisturizer after the prescription (it says to do this). Has anyone else experienced anything similar?

I have just completed my 1st month treatment, and about 3 weeks in I was raving about it but it's all gone Pete Tong.
I am getting extreme dry patches at the corners of my mouth and it's burning a little when I apply a plain moisturizer after the prescription (it says to do this). Has anyone else experienced anything similar?
Try reducing the frequency you use it and use moisturiser before skin + me as well as after. Make sure you avoid more sensitive areas such as eyes, mouth and sides of nose as per the pic below

3BF86FC8-C34E-4809-A89B-FE57F089D9DD.jpeg

Reactions: 3
I said drowsy sleep co too!!!! So glad someone else knows about them, it’s the best sleep mask I’ve ever had!
Interested in this! But worried about the noise muffling and worried I wouldn’t hear kids or would feel (stupidly I know) unsafe with not being able to hear?

I gave it up in the end. The areas posted in the picture above (to avoid) are where my problem skin is, and after a few months I was just finding that my skin was flaky, burning, sore/chapped and that the improvements I'd seen previously were gone, I wasn't glowing anymore and my spots were coming back. I had patches that were basically like excema meets a cold sore. I don't really believe in these ingredients anymore, I think they just make you look glowy by constantly sloughing off the top layer of your skin and it can't be good for you.

Interested in this! But worried about the noise muffling and worried I wouldn’t hear kids or would feel (stupidly I know) unsafe with not being able to hear?
You can position it over your ears or above your ears but to be honest, it doesn’t and shouldn’t muffle any sound for me just blocks out the light and makes it really easy to fall asleep and actually stay asleep 😊 It’s definitely worth trying!

Hair care related instead of skincare and makeup, does anyone have any recommendations for fine hair?

I hated going to the hairdressers growing up and because of that I’ve never paid attention to my hair. It’s pretty flat and just lacking in any sort of volume and I have no idea where to start with hair care. I currently use Ouai’s fine hair shampoo which is okay but I don’t think it’s doing anything special especially for the price tag. Would love some recommendations 🙏🏻

I bought the Superdrug Ceramide moisturiser and it's early days however Id love moisturiser recommendations.

My skin is dehydrated and dry, its not oily at all but it is acne prone and Im finding my nose in particular is breaking out a lot with small spots and I think the pores are being overwhelmed atm as I feel I have been using heavier moisturisers to try counteract the dryness.

So moisturiser that will help dry skin but not clog pores. Up to maybe £25?

Edit - I do use an oil cleanser then a hydrating cleanser. Hyaluronic acid and snail muncin. I use a PHA only. So I do try and not use anything that will dry my skin out any more.

Last edited:
I bought the Superdrug Ceramide moisturiser and it's early days however Id love moisturiser recommendations.

My skin is dehydrated and dry, its not oily at all but it is acne prone and Im finding my nose in particular is breaking out a lot with small spots and I think the pores are being overwhelmed atm as I feel I have been using heavier moisturisers to try counteract the dryness.

So moisturiser that will help dry skin but not clog pores. Up to maybe £25?

Edit - I do use an oil cleanser then a hydrating cleanser. Hyaluronic acid and snail muncin. I use a PHA only. So I do try and not use anything that will dry my skin out any more.
Ah I’m sorry you’re not liking the superdrug moisturiser. Maybe you’d prefer the Dr Jart Ceramidin range?
Curel apparently do an amazing hydrating cream and intensive moisture spray aswell as Elf Holy Hydration (something along them lines)

You mention you use the HA and snail mucin, do you use a hydrating toner and put the HA/snail mucin on damp skin?

Ah I’m sorry you’re not liking the superdrug moisturiser. Maybe you’d prefer the Dr Jart Ceramidin range?
Curel apparently do an amazing hydrating cream and intensive moisture spray aswell as Elf Holy Hydration (something along them lines)

You mention you use the HA and snail mucin, do you use a hydrating toner and put the HA/snail mucin on damp skin?
Tbf I dont think its that. My skin was breaking out way before I bought it so it may well help... :D just putting the feelers out.

and yes I put HA and Snail Mucin on damp skin.

Im using the Medik8 PHA. Not sure how hydrating it is but I do actually like it.

Ive seen the Curel moisturising cream hyped up loads actually.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.