A thread to complain about how cold it is.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Its been so cold here! -50 some nights with the wind chill, -36 without it. Right now it's a balmy -24 feels like -36... 🙊. Gotta love winters in Canada

• Wow
Reactions: 2
I just want to feel the warmth of Spring on my back as I walk... I’m sick of the cold. I only managed one proper walk this week as it was so bitterly chilly last week. Come on, Spring!
Love the first glimpses of lambs in the fields, bulbs flowering and the hedgerows along the roads starting to green. The think the air smells different as well when the springs arriving.
So much for the temperature rising this week, it’s like pea soup where I am today

Its been so cold here! -50 some nights with the wind chill, -36 without it. Right now it's a balmy -24 feels like -36... 🙊. Gotta love winters in Canada
Jeeez, and there's me thinking -1C was frigging cold!

Ah, I presume your quoting "-50" is in Fahrenheit and not Celsius? And how can you tell the diff between a balmy -25 and a chilly -36. Cold is Cold :ROFLMAO:

Anyway, back here in Normalworld, lol, it's a sultry 11C in the Lake District National Park. So much so I didn't have to bother with the central heating this morning; no fleece or thick jumper either! :giggle:

Jeeez, and there's me thinking -1C was frigging cold!

Ah, I presume your quoting "-50" is in Fahrenheit and not Celsius? And how can you tell the diff between a balmy -25 and a chilly -36. Cold is Cold :ROFLMAO:

Anyway, back here in Normalworld, lol, it's a sultry 11C in the Lake District National Park. So much so I didn't have to bother with the central heating this morning; no fleece or thick jumper either! :giggle:
No it's in Celsius! Lol the difference is you don't get almost instant frost bite when you open your door 🤣🤣.

• Wow
Reactions: 1
No it's in Celsius! Lol the difference is you don't get almost instant frost bite when you open your door 🤣🤣.
-50 CELSIUS !!???:eek::eek::eek:

you should be officially dead in that kind of weather, lol

Always said Canadians were a little nutty :ROFLMAO:

I learn something new every day, and this is today's (y)

• Haha
It’s so bizarre reading the temps you guys are living in. It’s another hot day here, 42 Celsius and hot northerly winds which are scary because once you get hot temps and hot winds and no rain and dry undergrowth you get bushfires. And they suck.

The coldest I’ve ever known in my town is about -5 C and that was at night time. The hottest was last year when the temp one day peaked at 50 C.

I literally cannot imagine living in such a cold place. I imagine I’d love it for a little while and the novelty would quickly wear off.

It’s so bizarre reading the temps you guys are living in. It’s another hot day here, 42 Celsius and hot northerly winds which are scary because once you get hot temps and hot winds and no rain and dry undergrowth you get bushfires. And they suck.

The coldest I’ve ever known in my town is about -5 C and that was at night time. The hottest was last year when the temp one day peaked at 50 C.

I literally cannot imagine living in such a cold place. I imagine I’d love it for a little while and the novelty would quickly wear off.
I find it bizarre when people here in the uk love for it to be freezing but I’m literally the opposite. I love the hot weather and it’s only now and again I struggle when it’s hot (not that often). But I do wonder how I would cope if I lived in a hot country, I doubt the would want to partake in outdoor physical things often. However I think the way of life is just different. Because we have nice weather so infrequently we immediately go outside, sit out, bbq, sunbathe, go to the beach etc whereas if it was nice all the time we would probably try and avoid the sun as much as we could as it would always be there.
Have to say I feel sorry for those in Texas at the minute who are literally freezing, no supplies or power because of the weather.

I find it bizarre when people here in the uk love for it to be freezing but I’m literally the opposite. I love the hot weather and it’s only now and again I struggle when it’s hot (not that often). But I do wonder how I would cope if I lived in a hot country, I doubt the would want to partake in outdoor physical things often. However I think the way of life is just different. Because we have nice weather so infrequently we immediately go outside, sit out, bbq, sunbathe, go to the beach etc whereas if it was nice all the time we would probably try and avoid the sun as much as we could as it would always be there.
Have to say I feel sorry for those in Texas at the minute who are literally freezing, no supplies or power because of the weather.
Well speaking for myself, you close all the curtains early so the house is quite dark and you stay inside. Air con all the time. Unless you’re mental and choose to play summer sports, you don’t go out much. Most sports now are cancelled after 36 deg. Just like anything under a certain temp is just darn cold, anything over about 40 is just hot hot hot. It’s too hot for the beach, the sand cooks your feet. Pools are better, but the hot air burns your face. Pubs and cold drinks are awesome. Once our plums stewed themselves on the tree.
the Texan thing is amazing ( in the worst way ). at least when it’s hot, it is just hot and it’ll eventually cool down. But the cold They’ve got seems so damaging, I can’t imagine.

Well speaking for myself, you close all the curtains early so the house is quite dark and you stay inside. Air con all the time. Unless you’re mental and choose to play summer sports, you don’t go out much. Most sports now are cancelled after 36 deg. Just like anything under a certain temp is just darn cold, anything over about 40 is just hot hot hot. It’s too hot for the beach, the sand cooks your feet. Pools are better, but the hot air burns your face. Pubs and cold drinks are awesome. Once our plums stewed themselves on the tree.
the Texan thing is amazing ( in the worst way ). at least when it’s hot, it is just hot and it’ll eventually cool down. But the cold They’ve got seems so damaging, I can’t imagine.
My family in Australia said similar to what you do, apart from the 2 days of winter per year where they got the “doona” out. 2 of them have since moved to the uk and love the cooler weather however can’t get used to then frequent windy weather.
I don’t suffer from SADS as far as I know but life does just seem a lot better with warmth and sunshine especially in the recent year. First lockdown was hard but at least we had some decent weather. The last few months have been so hard in comparison but hey at least we have our health