A County Down Under

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sooooooo dramatic over missing a connecting flight. She got a hotel room and will be on the next flight. Kind of foolish leaving such little time beforehand on the ground in my opinion. Every flight I’ve taken from Dublin airport in the last few years has been delayed

Reactions: 7
She’s already on gurning because she’s tired and she couldn’t charge her phone.
Pretty sure a 7 day climb will be slightly more tiring…
It actually scares me how far removed from reality she is.

Reactions: 5
Oh dear. . I quite like this insta person, but someone needs to tell her there's been an earthquake on the continental of Africa killing thousands. .therefore she shouldn't be so dramatic about missing a connection flight to Africa. Unable to charge phone etc. . Oh dear dear some perspective required

Reactions: 6
She has absolutely no coping skills whatsoever. Delays happen, cancellations happen.. blows my mind that she didn’t even think to prepare for potential issues? And don’t even get me started on “there’s no flights to Kilimanjaro until 1am” never knew you could fly directly to a mountain!! Or do you mean there’s no flights to Tanzania? Moron

Reactions: 6
She has absolutely no coping skills whatsoever. Delays happen, cancellations happen.. blows my mind that she didn’t even think to prepare for potential issues? And don’t even get me started on “there’s no flights to Kilimanjaro until 1am” never knew you could fly directly to a mountain!! Or do you mean there’s no flights to Tanzania? Moron
Shocking that she didn’t at least leave 3/4 days before climbing to actually go. Anyway she’s so used to the early mornings getting up it’ll be no bother to her. Who needs sleep 🤪

Reactions: 4
Her lack of perspective is genuinely concerning. All this nonsense ‘we couldn’t phone home’ you’re gone less than a day love.

Reactions: 10
Shall we make predictions on what dramatic thing is going to happen on my kilamanjaro that will give Caroline the next 6-12 months of content??
Near death experience, carried down by a poor sherpa, who she will do a go fund for and go back and visit his family to present him with a big cardboard check

Reactions: 3
Ok it’s easy for me to say, as I’m a lazy cow at the best of times.
But my understanding is that Kilimanjaro is basically a steep walk, rather than scaling a mountain side…?

Ok it’s easy for me to say, as I’m a lazy cow at the best of times.
But my understanding is that Kilimanjaro is basically a steep walk, rather than scaling a mountain side…?
Ahh I’d say it’s hard enough now. Probably more mentally and tiring than anything. I had a look and it says you mostly do about 4-6 hours per day but the final part is 12-16 hours non stop 😅

“me and my followers” nah they are your requested friends as nobody else would go with you! Stop trying to spin it that these people wanted to go with you specifically, they prob just wanted to tag on a tour with presumably Irish people.

Also, she asked us to keep her in our prayers as she climbs… other people who do Mt Kilimanjaro (in TANZANIA btw lol) are super excited and feeling privileged to do the climb!

I will give credit where it is due to Caroline. She makes me feel a lot better about myself. I am pretty socially awkward. I have got better over the years, but I still drop a clanger of an awkward moment now and then.

I watch Caroline and I remind myself at least I am not being weird over social media to hundreds of people.

And yes, there is definitely going to be some sort of huge drama on her hike. Something that is, at worst, an annoyance, but it will be a whole Greek tragedy with our Caro.

Reactions: 3
17 people climbing Kilimanjaro would cost them each £2500-£3000 (conservative guesstimate). Go fund me has raised £22700 so if each person had just so donated the cost of doing the trip, PIPS would be much better off 🤷🏻‍♀️

Attachments

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.