40plusnotgivingupyet

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I used to really like Helen but feel she’s just in it for the money now. She only ever does try ons of clothes she’s paid to try on whereas she used to try from a wide range of shops. Plus she must put about 20 links up a day of random items she hasn’t even tried, she absolutely canes the affiliate links. Really gone off her. Plus she never showed us anything from matalan, mandco, jdw before but now they’re paying her she makes out they’re the best shops on earth! So painful.

Reactions: 2
There’s no need for her to keep posting the same try ons over and over, just save them to highlights!

Reactions: 3
I used to really like Helen but feel she’s just in it for the money now. She only ever does try ons of clothes she’s paid to try on whereas she used to try from a wide range of shops. Plus she must put about 20 links up a day of random items she hasn’t even tried, she absolutely canes the affiliate links. Really gone off her. Plus she never showed us anything from matalan, mandco, jdw before but now they’re paying her she makes out they’re the best shops on earth! So painful.
Sadly I agree. I really dislike the quality of the products she promotes too, it’s all cheap fabrics that are nasty to wear, are bad for the environment and look crap in real life.
It‘s 100%all about the swipe ups now!

Reactions: 4
Sadly I agree. I really dislike the quality of the products she promotes too, it’s all cheap fabrics that are nasty to wear, are bad for the environment and look crap in real life.
It‘s 100%all about the swipe ups now!
Yes absolutely! It’s all about the cheap as chips poor quality items. The few times she’s shown us something of better quality I think she’s looked so much classier. It’s a shame because she is a likeable lady but her feed has definitely changed a lot in the last year or so.

Reactions: 1
I feel she just needs to slow down sometimes, too much nervous energy maybe. With the posts on stories, it's quality not quantity

Yes absolutely! It’s all about the cheap as chips poor quality items. The few times she’s shown us something of better quality I think she’s looked so much classier. It’s a shame because she is a likeable lady but her feed has definitely changed a lot in the last year or so.
Completely agree, I really like her and I like her style but am so disappointed in the quality of what she promotes. I go into stores to look at the items she links to and am sad to see the acrylic, fake nasty fabrics she promotes.

I won’t buy anything on a swipe up because I’m confident it would be
poor quality. It’s a shame because she is one of the only ones who I would swipe up for, I like her but I know the quality will be poor.

A tip to find quality wool products rather than acrylic is to go to the mens, ive bought small sizes in men’s jumpers and cardigans because they are made of proper fabric And last rather than the race to the bottom of cheap crap. M and S I am looking at you!!!

Yes it’s a real shame. I know people have certain budgets but I would much rather be shown two or three good quality items than 20 odd pieces of rubbish. Great tip about the men’s items, I’ll definitely have a look.

Mens clothes have deeper pockets too, better for fitting in your mobile phone! Check out KarenBritChick on You Tube, she buys a lot of mens clothing and is also fab for second hand tips.

How ridiculous does Abi look in some of the tall mum small mum try ons!
They were doing coats the other day and all I could think about was ET when they dressed him up to go out for Halloween in the coat almost touching the floor! HILARIOUS 🤣

• Haha
Abi is very annoying. Talk about privilege and being spoilt. All she does is shop and drink wine. I can't stand all the freebies she shows off when she can clearly afford them all! I don't know why anyone would choose this lifestyle, it's so undignified. Sell sell sell. And so much of it is tat. They constantly target cheaper shops like hm brew look Primark in the hope they get a deal. And it's worked for Helen who is now working for these shops but never sends to wear any of the clothes in real life!

I like Helen however, the only thing that irritates me is when she is filming doing makeup/hair. She does it with one hand whilst holding her phone. Prop your phone on your dressing table woman and then you’ll be able to show us these things properly! It’s almost like she cannot let go of her phone. I find it odd.

Something I’ve found a little hypocritical about Helen is she talks about how she loves to champion small businesses, shop small etc and today on probably the biggest shopping day of the year she’s mentioned she’s done a blog post on some good small businesses to buy from. People are much less likely to go over to a blog post, they mostly just scroll through stories. Why hasn’t she done lots of swipe ups to champion these small businesses she claims to support? Because she won’t be earning any money out of them!!

I’m finding Instagram intolerable today, the amount of Black Friday drivel is ridiculous.

I find Helen far too hyper to watch on stories she irritates the f**k out of me. Abi isn’t as bad but i find her so boring to listen to. I can’t watch their stories all the way through. Both of them never stop with Ads, links, swipe ups..or “oh I’ve just been asked where my earrings are from” etc..no you haven’t!!!

Abi with 'today's details for all you asking...' used to do my nut in. Also the constant showing off about being skinny and eating so much is weird. She's the biggest stealth boaster on planet earth. Both of them are insufferable around Xmas and sales. Helen is actually super manic, so many swipe ups but not a single one for any small business. Not even all those businesses that have given her freebies all bloody year!

Reactions: 5
Constantly adding swipe ups for All Saints biker jackets because their commission on that will undoubtedly be higher than on a £10 t-shirt.

Too many swipe ups for the same companies time after time! It’s like a constant conveyor - it’s annoying and also boring! Does she keep reusing the same photos in her stories? How many clothes does she actually own? With the amount of try ons and swipe ups I go a bit crazy and can’t keep up!

It's to make sure the cookies capture anything you buy even if it's not recommended by her e.g. if you swipe up to one of her Amazon links she gets commission on everything you buy from them for up to a month. This trickery makes me furious because we shop a lot with Amazon. She's pretty manic at the moment, making out ours all for us so we don't miss any 'deals' but really it's to fit in her contractual ads and get the cookies earning her commission. She must be raking it in she's got monthly deals with about 10 different shops now and it won't be a small retainer she's on. Probably a couple of grand per shop per month.

It's to make sure the cookies capture anything you buy even if it's not recommended by her e.g. if you swipe up to one of her Amazon links she gets commission on everything you buy from them for up to a month. This trickery makes me furious because we shop a lot with Amazon. She's pretty manic at the moment, making out ours all for us so we don't miss any 'deals' but really it's to fit in her contractual ads and get the cookies earning her commission. She must be raking it in she's got monthly deals with about 10 different shops now and it won't be a small retainer she's on. Probably a couple of grand per shop per month.
Wow that’s a nice little earner then for her. I didn’t realise the cookies thing. That’s really naughty.

I've had to unfollow stealmystyle40 (Helen's mate Abi).

Kids, football, dinner in a Thermos , wine. Kids, football, dinner in a Thermos, wine. And repeat, and repeat, and repeat.

She literally has no other content, apart from whatever 'swipe up' is flavour of the month. Seems to be M&Co this month. I did like her, but I've just had enough.

I've had to unfollow stealmystyle40 (Helen's mate Abi).

Kids, football, dinner in a Thermos , wine. Kids, football, dinner in a Thermos, wine. And repeat, and repeat, and repeat.

She literally has no other content, apart from whatever 'swipe up' is flavour of the month. Seems to be M&Co this month. I did like her, but I've just had enough.
Yep I came to this conclusion about a year ago plus she can come across as a spoilt brat when she’s on a whinge.