2024 US Election

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm totally exhausted by it all already and just want to emotionally dump on Elmo.

But probably time to set up a thread.

Joe is going to have to be put out to pasture before July.

The Elmo twitter thread should probably go down in the history books to register sentiment.

Reactions: 6
It ‘s quite something to consider that in a country of 150 million + people. Joe Biden and Donald Trump are considered the best two candidates for president.

Might as well Vote Elmo…..

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I wouldn't be surprised if all this talk of Michelle Obama actually led to her announcing, her Elmo or Big Bird would be better candidates. I'm not sure about Cookie Monster, but I could be persuaded to vote for him.

• Haha
Reactions: 2

Anyone still thinking the world isn’t entering a very dangerous phase? The last time America chose isolation was between 1918-1941. The end was not good.

Meanwhile the West is focusing on building windmills and deciding if someone with a Willy is a woman. Meanwhile China, Russia, North Korea and Iran are arming themselves.

“Those who do not learn history are doomed to repeat it”

Reactions: 6
Very worrying if Trump wins, Iran, Russia, China, North Korea will be rubbing their hands.
Biden's no better option, struggling with the trials of old age.
What a shitshow.

Reactions: 5
I just don't understand why both parties think nothing of having candidates that are 80/pushing 80. Usually I hate ageism BUT come on, both are past their prime, one definitely had memory issues and is basically being held up lest he flops over in his chair, and the other is such a sleeze. And both have had their turn, each! Give it a rest! Is this really the best America can offer?! The parties need to back some younger candidates, seriously.

The Republicans need a young face, and the Democrats need someone who doesn't live in cloud cuckoo land. And certainly not Kamala, who whenever she speaks sounds as dumb as a box of rocks.

Surely there are plenty of honest and dynamic people on both sides who can step forward? Or are they being prevented from doing so?

America fascinates me :LOL: P.s. I think both parties are incredibly corrupt.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I just don't understand why both parties think nothing of having candidates that are 80/pushing 80. Usually I hate ageism BUT come on, both are past their prime, one definitely had memory issues and is basically being held up lest he flops over in his chair, and the other is such a sleeze. And both have had their turn, each! Give it a rest! Is this really the best America can offer?! The parties need to back some younger candidates, seriously.

The Republicans need a young face, and the Democrats need someone who doesn't live in cloud cuckoo land. And certainly not Kamala, who whenever she speaks sounds as dumb as a box of rocks.

Surely there are plenty of honest and dynamic people on both sides who can step forward? Or are they being prevented from doing so?

The alarming thing is that many folk see Trump as some sort of cartoon villain, but he's unhinged and has axes to grind.
Like you say, the fact that 4 years have passed and it's the same 2 men running again is quite unbelievable.

Reactions: 10

What I think is that the one side or the other need to seek a compromise candidate. Not this election because it will be Trump v Biden but, if we survive the next four years, the next one.

The problem we have is the primary process where party members and supporters select the candidates, because the political activists are taking extreme entrenched position. The Democrats seem obsessed with identity politics, whilst the Republicans are small state zealots. It’s city v country. It’s an over competitive media environment which must satisfy it’s advertisers and seek ratings. It’s a country which is hopelessly divided with parties laser focusing on imposing their ideology on the other.

And that is the way the UK is heading. And France. And Germany. It really is a crisis in the democratic process. Rishi Sunak and Keir Starmer aren’t the enemy. Vladimir Putin and Xi Jinping are.
---
And re corruption in the two parties. I find it deeply ironic that Republicans, who are supposed to be libertarian in nature and against monopoly and big business, are seeking protection from big business buying influence….by supporting a big businessman.

Last edited:
I just don't understand why both parties think nothing of having candidates that are 80/pushing 80. Usually I hate ageism BUT come on
Ageism often seems to be only one way. So many countries have minimum ages for public offices of different levels above voting age but from what I can see none have a maximum age.

Same with a driving license. They should set a maximum age you can hold it before you have to take a test of some sorts.

In Italy you need to be 50+ to be president!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
It ‘s quite something to consider that in a country of 150 million + people. Joe Biden and Donald Trump are considered the best two candidates for president.

Might as well Vote Elmo…..
Jon Stewart returned to hosting the Daily Show last night and he did a great segment about how absurd it is that these are the candidates to choose between.

Reactions: 1
It's a good job they don't have anything more important to concentrate on 🙄

Screenshot_20240214_094859_Chrome.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I’m done with it already and our primary isn’t even until August! We have almost a year of this to get through.

Reactions: 3
What would you say the general mood is amongst non partisan Americans? Do they think Trump v Biden II is a good thing?
And, not a good thing. Too old. If there was a good, solid Libertarian party candidate then it would be more interesting.

I despise Alice but I agree that if orange wank maggot wins we are done for. Not just America but the Uk as well. No offense but I don’t delve into other countries and their politics so if you’re not American or highly schooled in our politics then I doubt you have a clue how fucked we are. It boggles my mind.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I despise Alice but I agree that if orange wank maggot wins we are done for. Not just America but the Uk as well. No offense but I don’t delve into other countries and their politics so if you’re not American or highly schooled in our politics then I doubt you have a clue how fucked we are. It boggles my mind.
I know a lot about US politics (I watch Jimmy Dore, Due Dissidence etc) but life goes on regardless of who is president. Things have got worse rather than better under Biden which people don't mention due to bias or because they are rich and it doesn't affect them. The US is sinking for sure, with or without Trump. He's not all powerful lol and there are other forces at play. We will all have to tighten our belts - Alice more than most. Only 2 months left in her lovely BH pad. Shame.

I am wondering why the duck IG has to pay for her lawyers anyway? Is that the law in the US?? Will he get it all reimbursed out of her spousal?? All the money she spent on them was a complete waste.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I know a lot about US politics (I watch Jimmy Dore, Due Dissidence etc) but life goes on regardless of who is president. Things have got worse rather than better under Biden which people don't mention due to bias. The US is sinking for sure with or without Trump. He's not all powerful lol and there are other forces at play.

We will all have to tighten our belts - Alice more than most. Only 2 months left in her lovely BH pad. Shame.
James Patrick Anthony Dore is an American stand-up comedian, political commentator, conspiracy theorist, podcaster and YouTube personality. He is the host of The Jimmy Dore Show, a comedic political talk show on YouTube. Wikipedia
That will explain everything there is to know about American politics. 🧐

• Heart
  • Wow
James Patrick Anthony Dore is an American stand-up comedian, political commentator, conspiracy theorist, podcaster and YouTube personality. He is the host of The Jimmy Dore Show, a comedic political talk show on YouTube. Wikipedia
That will explain everything there is to know about American politics. 🧐
Yes. The alternative media is where is at Greenwald, Mate, Blumenthal etc If you watch CNN, MSNBC, Fox etc you are being brainwashed. In fact, I don't know how people stand being lied to all day every day without shooting the TV. BTW the counter intelligence officers (aka professional liars) use wiki to smear people. No wonder you believe "we are done for" if Trump is elected - that's what they want you to believe. They want you to tit your pants and not be able to think straight. It's called programming on the TV for a reason.

Don't be an Alice. Explore other media. Read "Manufacturing Consent". Americans remind me of Russians just before the Soviet Union imploded.
---
Yep. I wouldn't vote for either of them. Two cheeks on the same arse.

• Sick
Reactions: 3