2023 plans

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Mainly practical things for me, I need to learn to drive as that will help me no end, and to get a second job to top up my income, and hopefully move to a new rental property that I can better afford.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Mine are:

1. get healthy - eat better and actually use my gym membership
2. Have another baby, I think if I don’t get pregnant this year I’m just going to give up and accept I’ll have an only child
3. See my friends more often

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Another one for me - nurture and maintain relationships. I was low most of last year and was pretty lazy keeping in contact with family and friends. Really want to focus on that this year

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I need to make plan but struggling - money is so tight at the moment this year is going to be really dull. 😴

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I really want to cook more. I fell into a cycle of cooking the same meals on repeat but I want to get back to making new meals.

Reactions: 6
maybe we can help each other achieve these goals. support and encourage each other! this could be our goal check-in point.

imagine where we could be at the end of the year! 🥹🥹

• Heart
Reactions: 10
1) Make more friends/social contacts. I have found myself feeling lonelier than ever the past few months: I think a combination of the pandemic, friends having babies / settling down & not being interested in doing anything/ meeting up anymore (radio silence now from those who constantly messaged about doing stuff when they were single 🤔), & moving to a new area and wfh, so never in the office, haven’t helped.

I also find that living in London means that every few years, as friends either move back to their hometown or elsewhere in the country (due to obscene living costs), I am in this same predicament, having no one to do stuff with, so I need to find a long term hobby so I don’t find myself in this position again in 2026!

2) Linked to the above, join a book club/Meet-up group, badminton/tennis club. Things I am interested in but I waste time surfing the net instead of doing something more productive and beneficial.

3) Put myself first: I have become a lot better at this over the last few years, but I am going to improve on this in 2023. I am far too lenient with some people, and put my happiness and contentment in other people’s hands, so will continue to work on this aspect this coming year.
Yes i live in London and use Meetup. Its wonderful. Mine was mainly hiking groups. I met 3 good friends all London based and now a partner of 3 plus years. Its been a slow but more importantly consistent process. Making connections does take time and patience. I also made friends with neighbours and moved jobs and kept a few friends a long the way.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Finish writing my book. I started at the end of last year. I am terrible for starting things and not following through. I'm determined with this one.
Continue establishing and respecting my own boundaries. I've been in therapy for over a year now, and I'm really starting to feel better for it. And related to that, continue to improve my communication, not avoid confrontation at all costs.

• Heart
Reactions: 4