2020 US Election - Trump vs Biden

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Trump won Ohio, the deciding state. He most likely will remain president. I'm going back to bed.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 3

Yel

5 minutes to correct a typo and sky news are saying that twitter themselves deleted the tweet and now talking about twitter censorship when clearly he deleted it to correct the typo 🤦‍♀️ they're not usually that bad.
Screenshot_2020-11-04-05-56-15-698_com.twitter.android.jpg

Fools, go to bed 😆
Screenshot_2020-11-04-06-00-21-000_com.google.android.youtube.png

Reactions: 2
Argh I just woke up and checked BBC news Trump was in lead by 2 looked again 10 mines later Boden in the lead by 5. It's really going to go to the wire I think !

Yel

It's still looking close, if trump gets Arizona (which is looking less likely) then it would be all over.

Paths for either to still take it. Sky news ticker an hour later is still going on with the false story of twitter deleting one of trump's tweet 😆 maybe I shouldn't trust their projections if they can't get the basic stories right.

The democrats I think were quietly predicting a landslide, that hasn't happened. It's going to be rough.

I didn't realise some states haven't even started to count postal votes yet so it could take days to get the final results with it being so close !

Reactions: 4
I can’t stand the thought of another Trump term. I can’t stand Biden either, but Democrat policy is more palatable.

Everyone thought Biden would walk it, and he hasn’t. We saw this with Labour here too - and it’s because of social media echo chambers. The zeitgeist stops people declaring their true voting colours.

Reactions: 13
If it didn’t impact the rest of the world I’d say they deserve him 😂
I feel for the people of America. That will offend many I know but I can’t see this being a good result for anyone.

19F2CCF7-EF5E-404B-B94E-423E8328159F.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 6

Yel

They've gone to bed in several of the swing states and won't start counting until later

I feel a bit over it, I'm now waiting for ivanka Trump vs Meghan markle 2024 😏

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I didn't realise some states haven't even started to count postal votes yet so it could take days to get the final results with it being so close !
Why haven’t they started counting? Not being funny but isn’t this one of the times when maybe you’d try and move fast to count them? I probably sound clueless but come on guys 😅

It is a true nightmare here tonight in the US but also as expected. It was out of false hope to presume a winner announcement tonight BUT like other posters have echoed this is the most complex election the US has ever had. With early voting, drop off ballots etc. so many votes have still to be counted. We may not know the full results for days. Trump is also clearly terrified hence continuing to sprout off threats instead of uniting the country. Why is anyone surprised though 🙄

Reactions: 4

Yel

Why haven’t they started counting? Not being funny but isn’t this one of the times when maybe you’d try and move fast to count them? I probably sound clueless but come on guys 😅
It's a bit like the UK where some remote regions lock up the ballot boxes and go to bed at 10pm because the boat to their island won't be there for ages so might as well start counting the next day. Where as other regions run in with the boxes trying to be the first to announce.

I laughed, but my next immediate thought was: tit, it could happen. :oops:
The tattle threads would be good 😂😬

• Haha
It's still looking close, if trump gets Arizona (which is looking less likely) then it would be all over.

Paths for either to still take it. Sky news ticker an hour later is still going on with the false story of twitter deleting one of trump's tweet 😆 maybe I shouldn't trust their projections if they can't get the basic stories right.

The democrats I think were quietly predicting a landslide, that hasn't happened. It's going to be rough.
Their coverage was absolute pish last night and she’s behind online stuff

Yel

Their coverage was absolute pish last night and she’s behind online stuff
True, but I do like the entertainment of Omarosa. I'm half expecting LaToya Jackson to come in and put her right. 😆

Kay burley is awful but quite watchable

Reactions: 1
I can’t stand the thought of another Trump term. I can’t stand Biden either, but Democrat policy is more palatable.

Everyone thought Biden would walk it, and he hasn’t. We saw this with Labour here too - and it’s because of social media echo chambers. The zeitgeist stops people declaring their true voting colours.
I dont know anyone who thought Biden would walk it. Dems tend to win the popular vote but its been said from the start that swing states were extremely tight.

The true villain in all this is the electoral college. Ridiculous system and totally outdated.

Quite astonishing that the so-called leader of the free world is trying to stop all votes being counted in an election.

Reactions: 10
I wasn't expecting to wake up to this. I thought Trump would have walked it again. I still think he will win but a big part of me is glad its closer.

Reactions: 1

Yel

The betting odds were 2/3 on Biden winning last night, now it's totally reversed and it's 2/3 on trump winning. I bet on Biden when the odds weren't favourable 🤣

The true villain in all this is the electoral college. Ridiculous system and totally outdated.
It's pretty much as bad as the first past the post uk system, outdated but very difficult to change. Although I wouldn't put too much trust in the popular vote as lots don't even bother to vote if they know their vote won't count.

It's pretty much as bad as the first past the post uk system, outdated but very difficult to change. Although I wouldn't put too much trust in the popular vote as lots don't even bother to vote if they know their vote won't count.
Lots feel like their vote doesnt count currently in the US as some peoples votes are literally worth less. A vote in California is worth about a sixth of what one in Wyoming is. Popular vote is equal, one person one vote.

Electoral college system was decided as part of their constitution when the US was 13 states on the East Coast. The UK had an alternative vote referendum in the last 10 years.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.