2020 US Election - Trump vs Biden #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t get why people think Boris will have a hard time with the a democrats and Biden? If you put the Tories into the American party scale, they’re closer to the Democrats than the Republicans. In America, Tory policy is actually quite centerist...

Boris is a pile o’steaming shite but the Tories are nowhere near as right wing or have the same amount of socially conservative (small c) views as Republicans.

Reactions: 6
I don’t get why people think Boris will have a hard time with the a democrats and Biden? If you put the Tories into the American party scale, they’re closer to the Democrats than the Republicans. In America, Tory policy is actually quite centerist...

Boris is a pile o’steaming shite but the Tories are nowhere near as right wing or have the same amount of socially conservative (small c) views as Republicans.
It isn't really in general that Boris will have a problem dealing with Biden, more specifically to do with Brexit. Boris only got Brexit as far as he did because of the details for NI in the withdrawal agreement. They have now decided to go back on that agreement and basically trample all over the interests of NI to get Brexit through.
America take their role as guarantors of the good friday agreement very seriously overall, but democrats slightly more so than republicans.
Biden is very proud of his Irish roots and the GFA and has already made it clear he will not do a trade deal with the UK if they go back on their promises regarding northern ireland.

I'm sure this election is bittersweet for Boris because he knows Trump is terrible for the US and the world, but Trump was the only one willing to look past the UK breaking international law for Brexit.

Reactions: 14

It's not about the policies or the standing of the party, it's about Brexit and the trade deal he was lining up with the US that was reliant on a Trump administration.

Reactions: 4
Ah right, sorry I wasn’t reading it in the context of Brexit 🙈

Reactions: 1
Watching the speeches it really did have a sense of the adults were in the building. The constant use of "we", "us" etc. Whilst I wasn't sure Biden was the best choice of candidate for the Democrats I have to admit I have been impressed with the dignity he has shown throughout. The world of politics has been so divided and angry in the US and in the UK, it gives me a teeny but of hope that it might get better

Reactions: 19
A person in their 50’s could easily drop dead of a heart attack or get something like cancer. Biden’s age is a red herring.

Reactions: 11
A person in their 50’s could easily drop dead of a heart attack or get something like cancer. Biden’s age is a red herring.
Exactly this. Biden’s own son passed away in his 40s. He lost his wife and infant daughter when he was 30. Life is unfortunately unpredictable and cruel.
People seem to forget Trump went in to office at 70
with no experience. Surely having a candidate who has 50 years experience in a job is better than that?! It’s such a weak argument, which ultimately comes from the Trump book of “fact”

Reactions: 23
Exactly this. Biden’s own son passed away in his 40s. He lost his wife and infant daughter when he was 30. Life is unfortunately unpredictable and cruel.
People seem to forget Trump went in to office at 70
with no experience. Surely having a candidate who has 50 years experience in a job is better than that?! It’s such a weak argument, which ultimately comes from the Trump book of “fact”
The sources of ‘trust me dude’ that we’ve had for 4 years.

Sources now saying that Kushner has approached Trump about conceding...

Reactions: 3
I think Biden will have more of a problem with Boris as a man, who’s shown his character many times, than he will with brexit and the U.K. government in general 😂

Reactions: 12
I love a good conspiracy theory but the idea that Donald Trump is a self appointed pedophile Hunter attacking the enormous pedophile ring existing in the ‘democratic party’ that they’re drinking the blood of children and all that gibberish.

Donald Trump has never done a Selfless thing in his life and unless he’s hunting them down on the golf course😀😀 when does he have the time ? And if he ever does anything halfway good keeping it quiet 😀😀😀 when has that ever happened.

Donald knew that mail in ballots were going to take longer to count especially as they refused to verify in advance of the election. He wanted to shut down the election early for that reason before his opponents votes could be counted. But just think if his supporters weren’t too frightened of his ‘mail in voter fraud’ allegations he might have gotten more votes ?

And if a cabal was trying to seize control of Congress - would they not have stolen seats in the senate and house ? Otherwise the evil genius’s behind your fraud are kind of dumb -kind of the Guiliani team booking the Four Seasons landscaping company dumb

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I think my own summary on this election is mirroring what others are saying.

when you have a circus full of clowns you pick the one that looks to have a straighter wig and a better relationship with the monkeys and the elephants to run the circus 🤷‍♀️
I’m in no way a “fan” of any politician, in the U.K, USA or ROI.
But once we can get Trump back on reality tv (where he doesn’t have access to nuclear weapons) and Boris in the actual bin 😐
We good 😂

Reactions: 20
I think my own summary on this election is mirroring what others are saying.

when you have a circus full of clowns you pick the one that looks to have a straighter wig and a better relationship with the monkeys and the elephants to run the circus 🤷‍♀️
I’m in no way a “fan” of any politician, in the U.K, USA or ROI.
But once we can get Trump back of reality tv where he doesn’t have access to nuclear weapons, and Boris in the actual bin 😐
We good 😂
100 percent agree with this

Reactions: 2
Im absolutely sick of partisanship in politics. I mean, I know it’s always been that way but it benefits literally no one and causes echo chambers and regression.

I’m ever so slightly hopeful for the future. I think Biden will lead from the centre, which is the most cohesive line of government. It can only make things more stable, surely?

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Is Biden’s story not more compelling about not giving up than trumps.
Whatever your Viewpoint, Biden has faced more than most but has never blamed anyone else and picked himself up and moved forward with dignity.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.