1to1 diet (Cambridge diet)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm going to look into becoming a consultant I think. Having done various diets, when in different mindsets AND I'm going to do a WL coaching course too, I hope that I'll be able to help others do what I've done. Weight loss is definitely just as much about mindset & releasing limiting beliefs than the actual "dieting" part (a word I don't like to use as I think it has negative connotations too!)

You can lose weight on just the shakes etc - I did and I'm now upto step 4. I like the step up part of this as educates better than say SW did. SW was lose weight....lose weight....lose weight and OH EAT MORE NOW and your mind is like... F OFF you said lose weight 🤣

Reactions: 2
I'm going to look into becoming a consultant I think. Having done various diets, when in different mindsets AND I'm going to do a WL coaching course too, I hope that I'll be able to help others do what I've done. Weight loss is definitely just as much about mindset & releasing limiting beliefs than the actual "dieting" part (a word I don't like to use as I think it has negative connotations too!)

You can lose weight on just the shakes etc - I did and I'm now upto step 4. I like the step up part of this as educates better than say SW did. SW was lose weight....lose weight....lose weight and OH EAT MORE NOW and your mind is like... F OFF you said lose weight 🤣
Yeah, SW messes with your head. I honestly think that is why I've put on so much weight due to bring told certain foods are "free," I need to change my mindset. I'm just disappointed that all the 1:1 products made me feel physically sick.

Yeah, SW messes with your head. I honestly think that is why I've put on so much weight due to bring told certain foods are "free," I need to change my mindset. I'm just disappointed that all the 1:1 products made me feel physically sick.
Yeah it does. Really does and they change what you can and can't suddenly eat on almost a daily basis! Yeah the Savoury products weren't my bag at all.

I like the breakfast Smoothie, Pre-made chocolate & latte shakes, most of the packet milkshakes, Salted Caramel Bites, Peanut bar, choc orange bar, strawberry bar and the fava beans. The winter spiced drink is also a bit yummy (and I didn't like the other flavours!)

Ok seriously how do people do this? The only thing I can stomach is the ready made chocolate shake and it still leaves a rotten after taste.
I simply have to give this the best crack I can I have so much weight to lose but can’t seem to get past day 1

Any advice? 😢

Ok seriously how do people do this? The only thing I can stomach is the ready made chocolate shake and it still leaves a rotten after taste.
I simply have to give this the best crack I can I have so much weight to lose but can’t seem to get past day 1

Any advice? 😢
Most of it is mindset - why you want to lose weight, and then your commitment to it. I like most of the bars and shakes fortunately. Wasn't a fan of the Savoury meals bar the chicken noodle one but I'm happy with the sweeter things I do have (cookie bar is lovely and I also love the peanut).

They'll never taste like their "normal" counterparts. The taste does become more familiar (its usually down to the level of vitamins/nutrients etc in them).

Most of it is mindset - why you want to lose weight, and then your commitment to it. I like most of the bars and shakes fortunately. Wasn't a fan of the Savoury meals bar the chicken noodle one but I'm happy with the sweeter things I do have (cookie bar is lovely and I also love the peanut).

They'll never taste like their "normal" counterparts. The taste does become more familiar (its usually down to the level of vitamins/nutrients etc in them).
the mindset is so true…. I’m doing it because I’m fed up of being this size. I’ve got a 6 month old baby and refuse to let him see me hide behind baggy cardigans all the time.

I don’t have a very supportive consultant (never hear from her and she’s quite blasé about it all) but kind of feel committed to her cos I’ve bought loads of products already

• Heart
Reactions: 1

Any advice? 😢
I chucked it after day 2, made me gag. I'm trying to calorie count now. I kind of think 1:1 is too extreme and the weight loss too fast. Would rather have a chicken salad rather than "spaghetti bolognese" that I add hot water too 😁

I would only ever do step 3 now, the losses are still great but you get some actual normal food too, the only thing about 1:1 that works for is the accountability. Also I bought loads of products then changed consultants as the women just wasn’t for me.

Reactions: 1
Mindset is a HUGE part of it. You have to really, really want it and stick to it. I didn't find it hard because I was so determined. I'm a very all or nothing kind of person. A supportive consultant is a must as well.

It's not the kind of plan that you can flit in and out of when you fancy a takeaway or glass of wine or whatever in my opinion. Yes, I had a little time off plan (I was on it for eighteen months) but I was always very mindful about what I was going to eat and drink and stuck to it. And then got straight back on plan. I did step 2 the whole way which, back then, was 810 calories a day (three products and a small meal of protein/salad/veg)

Personally, I don't think it's for people who want to lose a couple of stone quickly - you can eat healthily and/or exercise to achieve that. For me, it was a last chance saloon type deal. Nothing else had worked and I had a lot to lose. The other thing I will say is you can only really do this diet once. I tried again a couple of times, with different consultants, and it was never the same.

As for the products, I found a few favourites and stuck to them. The apple & cinnamon porridge, coffee powder shake, the golden vegetable soup and pretty much all the bars. They have introduced a lot of new products since my time though.

Reactions: 3
the mindset is so true…. I’m doing it because I’m fed up of being this size. I’ve got a 6 month old baby and refuse to let him see me hide behind baggy cardigans all the time.

I don’t have a very supportive consultant (never hear from her and she’s quite blasé about it all) but kind of feel committed to her cos I’ve bought loads of products already
Oh bless you. My consultant is fab so I'm very lucky (I'll be a consultant come February too hopefully). There's usually a fair few around and if you're not happy then I'd contact some others as there's nothing less motivating than an unsupportive consultant (I left SW due to this before too!)

How’s everyone getting on? I am planning to start after Xmas… consultant coming out on the 28th.

I’m having a break over Christmas , but will be back on plan from the 2nd jan onwards . Lost 3stone last year and have maintained it for few months but feel ready to lose the last 2 now , after the first week on plan I find it quite easy to stick to once the big losses start coming I find it spurs me on .

• Heart