Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

reCAPTCHA

VIP Member
I did this diet in Aug/Sep this year and lost 2 stone. I’ve kept it off since then but have put on 6llb over Christmas so am going to do my own DIY version from next week to shift it. I realised that the main element that helped me was the simplicity of the plan, and in me knowing exactly what I’m eating each day in advance. I will miss the check-in with a consultant, but equally I’m not about to pay £270 a month for the pleasure!

Sharing here in case it’s useful.

1. Breakfast. Sllimfast shake (the Latte flavour is just like the Cambridge ones and (when made in a blender with ice) is akin to an iced coffee from Costa etc 😋😋. Strawberry one is also lovely)

2. Lunch. A tin of soup and a bag of crisps.

3. Dinner. A tin of soup and a chocolate bar.

No snacks, 2 L of water a day. Only black coffee or tea.I don’t worry about the calories in the soup or what crisps or chocolate bar I have (as long as it’s a standard size tin, and a portion for one for the crisps and bar) as it easily evens out less than 1200 in a day in my experience.

It’s not a forever diet imo, but it will get be back on track with my healthier habits of not snacking, and drinking lots of water.

• Heart
Reactions: 8

Yoghurtpots

VIP Member
I did Exante, its a cheaper version of Cambridge, same products but £50 for 50 items (no consulatant) and lost 2 half stone in 12 weeks.. 11 stone to 8.11.
2 years later I am now 10 stone, that is due to lots of all inclusive holidays, eating like a pig etc.. still not regained the full weight back.
I am back on day 1 today 👍 after day 4-5 you honestly feel amazing! Genuinely.
How is your day 3?
Tips are drinking lots (obvs), a cup of oxo in hot water at night, coke zero and distraction.
Keep at it xx

Reactions: 8
I really need to lose some weight and have signed up for the 3 trial day box with Exante to see how I get on. Is anybody currently doing it? :)
Hey I tried exante but I didn't like the after tastes so I'm now doing the 1:1 lost 9 pounds this week now on week 2

Reactions: 6

mrsLd2

Hi all,
I’m 7 weeks in and I’ve lost 30lbs. I’m hoping to get another 12lbs off by Christmas. Then I’ll be half way to my goal.
I’m on sole source and find it easy apart from the weekends. It doesn’t help that I’m bored in lockdown on a weekend. Too much thinking time!

• Heart
Reactions: 5

ATV2021

VIP Member
I have gone back onto CWP but only because I found a new consultant who is actually brilliant and goes through the steps properly (as I'm on a higher one due to exercise) and will help me step up. She's helping me more with CD rather than focusing too much on the booklet, which is what threw me last time especially for Step 3, and I do actually like some of their products 😆. 8lb down in 2 weeks so far. 11 to go!

• Heart

mrsLd2

I’m on week 3...

Does anyone ever have a cheat meal?
Really missing food today!
nope never as I have the fear coming out of ketosis. I find Friday nights the hardest. Distraction is key.

Week 11 for me and another 5lb off. That’s 46lbs in total and hit my Christmas target of three stone with two wks to spare AND over half way now with only 42lbs to go!

• Heart

Leahhutchinson

Chatty Member
My friend done it to loose 6 stone... in 8 months she's now 8st odd and 5ft 9. She binges on food really badly for a few weeks then goes back on step 1 (3 products a day) for a few weeks. She's got such a bad relationship with food and doesn't know how to manage a healthy diet. She looks so gaunt and skinny its really put me off. I'm going by the eat less move more mantra. Calorie deficit and high protein low carb. I've managed to shift 2.5 stone in 5 months slow and steady!

Dontmissmuch

VIP Member
Thank you.
not quite sure how I’m going to get through Christmas 🤔

I've planned to have products Christmas Eve day .... our usual meal out Christmas Eve..... Christmas Day will be off plan.... Boxing Day..... products during day and then we are (hopefully lockdown permitting! ) at family in the afternoon/evening so off plan... then 27th back on plan..... I will try and make sensible choices but I'm aware I may well gain or not lose but that's the choice I make.... It'll be the first time this year all my family have been together and I'm not going to draw attention to the fact I'm on this diet as none of them know only those I live with I'm doing it (again just easier for me not to say as constant asking 'how you doing' always makes me feel pressured)...... I'd decide in advance and stick with it best you can .... 🥰 🥰

SEssex2608

Started this morning, had 2 pints of water & a latte so far. Need to lose 3 stone - have an event in October so would like to lose at least a stone by then.
Wish me luck!!

GossBoss

VIP Member
Had my 1st weeks weigh in on Saturday and am absolutely delighted with my 10.5lb loss. I can honestly say I felt fine, I did do the diet about 20yrs ago so was expecting to feel rubbish but nothing this time, I've actually really enjoyed being in control. My resting heart rate has already dropped by 12 beats a minute ! I was drinking every evening leading up to starting and eating what I wanted though but can't believe the difference just 10 days on it has made already 😊

• Heart

Be More Pacific

VIP Member
I'm on week 9 of being on step 1b. I've lost nearly 2 stone. I'm not sure if I have a good consultant. I'm querying the cost. I've been buying weekly and paying between £77 and £81 a week. I've seen others say they pay around £55-60. 28 products usually 10 shakes, 2 soup, 4 porridge 4 meal 8 bars
Do consultants just charge what they like? Also are the consultants supposed to call you weekly? I only get texts asking for my weekly order and weekly weigh in.
I also paid £10 for orange water flavouring at the beginning but can't justify paying that for other flavours, it seems so expensive.
Can't comment on the cost, as it's been a long time since I've been on plan, but that does seem very high. I think they can charge what they like within reason.

I saw my first consultant weekly at her home for usually around two hours 🙈 I had a lot of emotional baggage to unload! The second one I had was awful - she was supposed to be on sole source herself but would always tell me how she'd got drunk and had a takeaway that week. She frequently missed and/or changed our appointments, once leaving me standing outside her mother in law's house while she never turned up. She seemed far more interested in my partner and was very flirtatious with him despite supposedly being a consultant with her husband (I never saw him) The third lady was lovely but she has two kids and a full time job so I always felt a bit rushed with her. She did come to my house though, which was good.

To my knowledge, the process to become a consultant used to be pretty strict - you had to lose the weight, keep it off and be sponsored by someone (usually your own consultant) I don't know the process now but it appears, from Instagram and Facebook, that anyone seems to be able to be a consultant these days, all without face to face contact, including people who still have a LONG way to go with their weight loss, people who haven't kept the weight off first/second/third/fourth time round and with documented eating disorders. I remember meeting with a Lighter Life (is that still going?) consultant years and years ago and she was really overweight - I remember thinking "well, this didn't work for you" and never signed up. I understand some people may identify with that but, personally, I wouldn't find it inspiring at all. It would just be like taking advice from myself, a weight loss failure all my life*

*although I have now lost eight stone (over four and a half years) just being really sensible. I only eat between 12-8pm, no snacks at all, I've not binged for probably 5/6 years and I've been doing an hour of yoga a day, every day no matter how shit I'm feeling for the last eight months (I built it up to an hour steadily - it's still all pretty gentle stuff) I have hopefully got it cracked this time! 🤞🏼

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Personally I think step 3 is the most beneficial (because you are more likely to stick to it) a 300 calorie meal is very doable. I still lost pretty steadily on 3. And then the odd day I’d do 1a (3 products a day) a Cambridge consultant actually said unless you are very obese 3 is the healthiest step

mrsLd2

I am really fussy and have only been doing it 3 weeks but o I have only had shakes, smoothies or bars. I haven't plucked the courage up to try any of the savory meals yet. My favourite shake is the chocolate mint which I have hot. I loved the lemon bar and I like the mint bites x
I don’t do the savoury meals either. Just shakes, bars and smoothies.

I lost 4lbs so that’s 41lbs and 1lb off my Christmas target. 👏🏻

• Heart

GossBoss

VIP Member
I'm on 1b and I found , at first , and sometimes still do on a tough day, it easier to half all my products (27g) & have 8 smaller ones. Obv it's what works for the individual but helps me.
I'm on a mix of step 1b & 2 now, 6 weeks in and 5lb away from 2 stone, I'm loving how good it makes me feel & have just booked a Holiday to Morocco for August so that's totally keeping me focused. Good luck 👍

• Heart

Be More Pacific

VIP Member
Wow I bet that was so disheartening! How amazing that you stuck at it for 18 months!!! Well done! Did you manage to keep the weight off?
No but it was nothing to do with CWP. Complicated medical issues, which flared up again just after I hit target, followed by medical retirement and a severe depression. I barely got out of bed for two years and my weight just kept increasing.

But I am recovering slowly. A very bad UTI kick started weight loss again and have now lost almost four stone over the last couple of years. I know that is painfully slow but it's progress. It's made my life a little bit easier too. I'm just trying to eat sensibly most of the time, no snacking, making better choices but not denying myself anything if I really fancy it - it seems to be working so far. Hoping to reintroduce some very gentle pilates soon 🙂

Pumpkinpie0991

VIP Member
I’ve restarted. Good first week really stuck to it. Trying to deal with the fact I just want to eat foods for boredom/not hungry at all, which is hard!!! I gave up 14 years of smoking, 3 years ago, by going cold turkey which was easier than dealing with this slight binge eating thing

Pumpkinpie0991

VIP Member
How’s everyone doing? I’m 1lb off five stone. 23lbs to go
1.5 lbs off. Ive also started on inositol - I’ve been losing slow still but not gaining as much weight as I would if I would meals that weren’t restricted like on plan. Unsure if they are helping or if I’ve Subconsciously convinced myself 🤣

1lb off stone and a half. Still long way to go.

It was warm and sunny Sunday and it’s out the fear in me of not wanting to be so fat and uncomfortable when it’s summer again

Dontmissmuch

VIP Member
Hi All... Hope you're having a good week ? Had my weigh in today and have lost 3 1/2 lbs last week... so just 5lbs from 3 stone.... reckon I can do it for Christmas ? If not by Tuesday official weigh in I'm hoping by Christmas Eve morning when I weigh myself.... going to be drinking loads of water and trying to up my steps (they can't get any worse lol!)... x x

mrsLd2

I do between 7-10k steps a day but I do the school walk twice a day and walk the dog twice a day.

I just did my unofficial weigh in (normally Friday) and I’ve hit my first target of 3 stone off by Christmas. 💪💪

hoping for a few more in the next two weeks so I can have wiggle room over Christmas 🎄

• Heart

mrsLd2

Another 3lbs off! That’s 37lbs in two months exactly. 5lbs to go until my Christmas target. (The another 2.5 after crimbo! 😅)

Yes I have the water flavourings. They’re lovely but I just forget to drink 😂🤦🏻‍♀️

@HereWithPopcorn I have been on it 2 months just some course and plan to stay on it until I’m about a stone away from target.

• Wow
  • Heart