1to1 diet (Cambridge diet)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m at the point now my clothes are getting baggy. Do I wait until I’m at target and just hope looking messy (lockdown helps as I’m not seeing anyone) or do I buy interim clothes 😩🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 1
I’m at the point now my clothes are getting baggy. Do I wait until I’m at target and just hope looking messy (lockdown helps as I’m not seeing anyone) or do I buy interim clothes 😩🤷🏻‍♀️
Maybe just a few reasonable priced pieces if they are much too big.... I tend to just wear leggings and a top at the moment - my tops are all baggy but I got some smaller leggings for a fiver from Asda (before lockdown!)....... x x

ETA - I also have clothes I'd 'grown out of' because I'd got so big which are now starting to fit again too :)

Maybe just a few reasonable priced pieces if they are much too big.... I tend to just wear leggings and a top at the moment - my tops are all baggy but I got some smaller leggings for a fiver from Asda (before lockdown!)....... x x

ETA - I also have clothes I'd 'grown out of' because I'd got so big which are now starting to fit again too :)
Yes that’s a good point, I need to go in the drawers to see what old stuff might fit.
I hate my legs - where I carry most of my weight so never wear leggings!! Need to get to the point I can and not be paranoid.
It’s always the place you hate the most about your body that’s last to lose the fat isn’t it?
I’ve lost nearly 9 inches off my waist - I want that off my legs 🤣

• Heart
My friend done it to loose 6 stone... in 8 months she's now 8st odd and 5ft 9. She binges on food really badly for a few weeks then goes back on step 1 (3 products a day) for a few weeks. She's got such a bad relationship with food and doesn't know how to manage a healthy diet. She looks so gaunt and skinny its really put me off. I'm going by the eat less move more mantra. Calorie deficit and high protein low carb. I've managed to shift 2.5 stone in 5 months slow and steady!

Reactions: 5
My friend done it to loose 6 stone... in 8 months she's now 8st odd and 5ft 9. She binges on food really badly for a few weeks then goes back on step 1 (3 products a day) for a few weeks. She's got such a bad relationship with food and doesn't know how to manage a healthy diet. She looks so gaunt and skinny its really put me off. I'm going by the eat less move more mantra. Calorie deficit and high protein low carb. I've managed to shift 2.5 stone in 5 months slow and steady!
that’s sad. Sounds like her consultant isn’t helping her 😩

so I’m doing the exante diet and I can’t work out what is going wrong.

I’m having 2 shakes a day
One evening meal
Doing at least 40 minutes of exercise a day

since 30th December I seem to have only shifted 3 pounds and can’t seem to get past 12.9st for some reason.
I am feeling very disheartened to be honest and just don’t get it.

One evening meal

since 30th December I seem to have only shifted 3 pounds and can’t seem to get past 12.9st for some reason.
How many calories in your evening meal?
Are you drinking enough water?
I did MRP in the past and found it worked better for me with no exercise, everyone is different of course but the weeks I went for a few bike rides were the weeks I lost less 🤷

One evening meal

With such a low calorie intake you shouldn’t be exercising. It will actually take you longer to lose the weight. That’s why on Cambridge they don’t recommended you exercise on this plan. I’m assuming Exante is the same xx

Reactions: 2
With such a low calorie intake you shouldn’t be exercising. It will actually take you longer to lose the weight. That’s why on Cambridge they don’t recommended you exercise on this plan. I’m assuming Exante is the same xx
ah I wasn’t aware of that. I do go hard on the cross trainer and treadmill 😬. Maybe I’m better to use up my shakes and then calorie count if I want to exercise

I'm not sure how Exante works but is 2 packs right ? Is your evening meal higher calories? I find the more water I drink the better my losses ... aim for a minimum of 3-4 litres of water every day.

I'm not sure how Exante works but is 2 packs right ? Is your evening meal higher calories? I find the more water I drink the better my losses ... aim for a minimum of 3-4 litres of water every day.
I do drink 3 litres of water a day, I always have done. My evenings meals are at the mercy of my husband but they aren’t unhealthy. Last night we had beef casserole. I just don’t get it and it’s annoying me as I’ve spent Money on these shakes!!!

I do drink 3 litres of water a day, I always have done. My evenings meals are at the mercy of my husband but they aren’t unhealthy. Last night we had beef casserole. I just don’t get it and it’s annoying me as I’ve spent Money on these shakes!!!
Hey I am on exante too. So they recommend if exercising to eat back your calories. I would also take measurements. I was same as you as exercise a lot but weight wasn't shifting but my measurements dropped massively!

Hey I am on exante too. So they recommend if exercising to eat back your calories. I would also take measurements. I was same as you as exercise a lot but weight wasn't shifting but my measurements dropped massively!
will get measuring - thank you for the tip :)

So I just tried the Cambridge golden syrup porridge and I nearly vomited 🤮 .

Looks like it’s just the shakes for me 😂

• Sad
Reactions: 2
So I just tried the Cambridge golden syrup porridge and I nearly vomited 🤮 .

Looks like it’s just the shakes for me 😂
Really ? I must be in the minority as I like all the porridge ones.... in fact I like almost all of them and the shakes are my least favourite - I only like the choc mint shake and the strawberry one (made into a mousse)..... Do you not like any of the bars/meals or ready drinks ?

Really ? I must be in the minority as I like all the porridge ones.... in fact I like almost all of them and the shakes are my least favourite - I only like the choc mint shake and the strawberry one (made into a mousse)..... Do you not like any of the bars/meals or ready drinks ?
I think I made it too runny, tried again with it thicker & it’s a lot nicer. The meals taste too salty for me but I do like the soups! I started my period yesterday so hopefully that doesn’t cause any problems with my weight loss

I think I made it too runny, tried again with it thicker & it’s a lot nicer. The meals taste too salty for me but I do like the soups! I started my period yesterday so hopefully that doesn’t cause any problems with my weight loss
Actually I found the golden syrup porridge needs less water...... the original is nice with a sprinkle of cinnamon on the top or the raspberry water flavourings (but then I have a sweet tooth).... not noticed the meals tasting salty and I never salt anything - funny how different people rate/don't rate the products....... which is why it's good they have so much variety ! I'm not a fan of the soups.... don't dislike them just don't feel satisfied if I have soup...... my son is also doing the plan and he loves the soups..... I love the latte ready made drink with added water and warmed up .... it's so sweet and creamy (I froth it up with one of them little hand held whisks) and feels like a real treat......

Not sure how your period would affect your loss (maybe make it a little less?) I'm old so don't have periods anymore !! Just drink plenty of water and if it's not as much loss this week then you should make up for it with a bigger loss next week...... Good Luck :)

Hi,
Can I kindly join in on here?
I started a few weeks back and was 16.8 Im 5ft7/8 and ideally I need to be 12 stone however I’m aiming for 14 as my first goal. I’ve had two children and for me I need to do this now it’s really unhealthy the way I’m living.
I can’t actually afford Cambridge products but I’m using slim fast products x 3 a day I usually have mine with oat milkbut I’m not sure if this is not making me go into ketosis.
My current weight is 16.0 and I weigh on a Monday.