00s nostalgia #3

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really miss the magazines! I was a young adult in the early 00s and I was still really into the mags. They were still affordable and stll had content that was more than just 95% ads.

Sometimes I find myself craving to have decent adult versions of those magazines for now, that don't require me to remortage the house to purchase even one. The internet is just not as satisfying as print media.
Not exactly the same, but the magazines in the weekend papers are good! Guardian and the Times I buy every weekend just for the magazines!

Reactions: 2
I really miss the magazines! I was a young adult in the early 00s and I was still really into the mags. They were still affordable and stll had content that was more than just 95% ads.

Sometimes I find myself craving to have decent adult versions of those magazines for now, that don't require me to remortage the house to purchase even one. The internet is just not as satisfying as print media.
I loved magazines too!!

Girl Talk...Mizz...Shout

Todays kids will never know the joy of reading the agony aunt stuff and cringe moments

Reactions: 8
I know shopping at New Look pops up in here. When did it get so expensive? Went shopping with a female friend and it’s give Next prices in a shop that looks like Poundland.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
I’ve noticed that too! It’s surprising how the prices have gone up, especially when the store still has that bargain look.

Reactions: 2
I’ve noticed that too! It’s surprising how the prices have gone up, especially when the store still has that bargain look.
Yeah I thought it was ok to post it in here. Since my local store looks the same as it did in the 00s 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I was a Bliss and Sugar reader. Those were the days!

I’ve just started watching Secret Diary of a Call Girl on Netflix. Loving 2007 Billie Piper. Can’t believe I didn’t watch it when it was first out, I would have been old enough.

Reactions: 8
I really really miss Sugar magazine. And More! But Sugar was my go to!
Looking at the what's hot pages of cheap nail Polish and body glitter!

I'm sure there was also one that was "what I spent in a day" and people would list everything they bought. I loved that!

Reactions: 7
I know shopping at New Look pops up in here. When did it get so expensive? Went shopping with a female friend and it’s give Next prices in a shop that looks like Poundland.
I'm surprised it's still going. I don't hear of many people I know shopping there any more.

Reactions: 3
Anyone remember bamboozle on teletext or even teletext in general? Feels like a different lifetime 😅
Some entity called "WLW" was said to moderate one of the Teletext "channels" (forgot the name) and the contributors to that channel had mad beef with Backchat. Remember Backchat? This channel used to censor mentions of it as "B*ckch*t" out of spite. So then people would send in emails with guesses as to who or what WLW was, and "WLW" would sometimes make a comment in a different font (orange text) at the end of the green text post.

There was a regular poster called "Mim, nice but dim" and another one called "Fluffy the Evil One". Tell me I'm not alone remembering this.

There was also a music Teletext where people used to submit their "Top 10 songs to [do whatever] to" and other musical commentary e.g. how much they hate Papa Roach, and it was the "cooler" Teletext channel. If your songs were not 50% Oasis the mod will slag you off in the next font.

Now I know why my life went nowhere -- I came of age spending my time on this shite.

• Haha
Some entity called "WLW" was said to moderate one of the Teletext "channels" (forgot the name) and the contributors to that channel had mad beef with Backchat. Remember Backchat? This channel used to censor mentions of it as "B*ckch*t" out of spite.
I had no idea there was teletext drama! I missed out 😂

Reactions: 1
Some entity called "WLW" was said to moderate one of the Teletext "channels" (forgot the name) and the contributors to that channel had mad beef with Backchat. Remember Backchat? This channel used to censor mentions of it as "B*ckch*t" out of spite. So then people would send in emails with guesses as to who or what WLW was, and "WLW" would sometimes make a comment in a different font (orange text) at the end of the green text post.

There was a regular poster called "Mim, nice but dim" and another one called "Fluffy the Evil One". Tell me I'm not alone remembering this.

There was also a music Teletext where people used to submit their "Top 10 songs to [do whatever] to" and other musical commentary e.g. how much they hate Papa Roach, and it was the "cooler" Teletext channel. If your songs were not 50% Oasis the mod will slag you off in the next font.

Now I know why my life went nowhere -- I came of age spending my time on this shite.
I had no idea about any teletext drama, but I met my first boyfriend via teletext penpal pages 🥹

• Wow
  • Heart