Formula 1 Wags # 211 Daniel's Disney Princess Debut

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
People on twitter are being ridiculous about this "Mclaren ABANDONING him like they did Danny Ricc.". Who told David to go mountain biking right before the season starts? And why realistically should arrow mclaren keep paying him for not racing and the two other drivers they're booking to replace him. He and Daniel both lost their jobs because they couldn't perform, be the circumstances as they may be.
People on twitter are ridiculous in general, to be fair 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
People on twitter are being ridiculous about this "Mclaren ABANDONING him like they did Danny Ricc.". Who told David to go mountain biking right before the season starts? And why realistically should arrow mclaren keep paying him for not racing and the two other drivers they're booking to replace him. He and Daniel both lost their jobs because they couldn't perform, be the circumstances as they may be.
Although I think it is understandable why they have fired him, and it seems all legal because it was part of his contract, I also think it is fair to see it as cruel and I think a lot of people will see it as a pattern of behaviour from McLaren. The day before, David did interviews saying that McLaren had been fully supporting him and they were working to find the best plan moving forward for them all. McLaren wouldn't have just suddenly made this decision in a few hours, it would have been thought through and had to have gone through a whole legal proceeding. I'll wait further to hear more from David, but I think it is cruel that they have fully dropped him from the role, and aren't even keeping him on as a McLaren ambassador in the mean time. Maybe David didn't want to, and that's why I said I'd wait to hear more from him before concluding my full opinion on the situ, but at the moment it just feels a bit unfair to a guy who had an accident and has tried his hardest to recover.

Reactions: 2
We don't cut, we BURN! 🔥🍆
---
Although I think it is understandable why they have fired him, and it seems all legal because it was part of his contract, I also think it is fair to see it as cruel and I think a lot of people will see it as a pattern of behaviour from McLaren. The day before, David did interviews saying that McLaren had been fully supporting him and they were working to find the best plan moving forward for them all. McLaren wouldn't have just suddenly made this decision in a few hours, it would have been thought through and had to have gone through a whole legal proceeding. I'll wait further to hear more from David, but I think it is cruel that they have fully dropped him from the role, and aren't even keeping him on as a McLaren ambassador in the mean time. Maybe David didn't want to, and that's why I said I'd wait to hear more from him before concluding my full opinion on the situ, but at the moment it just feels a bit unfair to a guy who had an accident and has tried his hardest to recover.
It's not like this is exclusive to motorsport.
In any corporation [at least in the UK] if you have a member of staff who is unfit for work, and after attempts to rehabilitate and consultations with medical professionals, ino one can agree when that employee will be fit to perform their role within a reasonable amount of time, you can teminate their employment on capability grounds.
This is standard, sensible business practice.
He didn't get injured at work, they have no liability to wait indefinitely on him.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
We don't cut, we BURN! 🔥🍆
---

It's not like this is exclusive to motorsport.
In any corporation [at least in the UK] if you have a member of staff who is unfit for work, and after attempts to rehabilitate and consultations with medical professionals, ino one can agree when that employee will be fit to perform their role within a reasonable amount of time, you can teminate their employment on capability grounds.
This is standard, sensible business practice.
He didn't get injured at work, they have no liability to wait indefinitely on him.
There are definitely more nuances than just that in UK Employment Law, and there would be in-house meetings and tribunals and sick leave granted before a termination would happen in the UK but I'm not here to debate UK Law. My overarching point which maybe I didn't properly express is there are two fair ways to look at this in my opinion. 1) Business, Which is what Mclaren have done, and like I said in my first sentence, it is understandable why they have fired him. but also 2) Empathy for another human. Yeah I feel sorry for him, what a crappy situation to be in, whether it was his fault or not for the injury. And agreed, they shouldn't have had to wait indefinitely for him, but I am surprised that they're not keeping him within the "Papaa Family" that they oh so love to push

Reactions: 3
There are definitely more nuances than just that in UK Employment Law, and there would be in-house meetings and tribunals and sick leave granted before a termination would happen in the UK but I'm not here to debate UK Law. My overarching point which maybe I didn't properly express is there are two fair ways to look at this in my opinion. 1) Business, Which is what Mclaren have done, and like I said in my first sentence, it is understandable why they have fired him. but also 2) Empathy for another human. Yeah I feel sorry for him, what a crappy situation to be in, whether it was his fault or not for the injury. And agreed, they shouldn't have had to wait indefinitely for him, but I am surprised that they're not keeping him within the "Papaa Family" that they oh so love to push
Absolutely there are nuances, but guaranteed McLaren would be unlikely to do anything like this without having explored many avenues and ensuring they are categorically correct to let him go.
Empathy or not, business is business, if there was no place for him, and he wasn't realistically able to bring in income, they're a business and have to cut their losses.
We also don't know exactly what the clauses are in his contract that may have been exercised to let him go, and likely never will. He may have even chosen to walk away, despite what social media presences may say.
These 'firings' attract attention because they are high profile and the frequently is actually rare compared with other more everyday industries.

Reactions: 3
and the nose “injury” is fully revealed, that bandaging is seeming more dramatic by the day 🤣

IMG_1341.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Went to see if I could find where the pictures came from and theres a whole section of articles acting like he’s broke his jaw or something, talk about clickbait 🤣

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 5
this will be one of my favourite reaction photos now, I will have to cut Rafael out and make a version only with Carlos' parents though :ROFLMAO:
Madrid Open (tennis wise I think more important than Monaco, just sayin)

1f652a6c0accff3859df565f95da4b37f77386c7.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.