What do you want to rant about today? #18

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In Lidl. Not my normal Lidl but anyway.

Old lady in front of me in line. I stand there for maybe 3 minutes. She doesn’t say anything. Then she starts shouting ‘Kayleigh.’ A woman rocks up with a trolley and says to me “I feel bad now.” Old lady says ‘don’t feel bad.’ So she has been reserving a spot in line and didn’t say anything at to the woman - me - stood with a hand basket who was waiting

Now, wouldn’t you think they’d let the woman who had waited behind with a hand basket through? Of course not.

So off I fucked to join another line.

I’m not entitled, but I just think that is so rude; reserving a spot in a line when it’s busy and then rocking up with a trolley when people are waiting behind!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Saw that happening recently in a Lidl too. The woman ahead of me in the queue, had absolutely nothing, no basket, and nothing in their hands. Then a man appeared with a basket, and joined her. She had been reserving the space. 🤣

If he hadn't appeared by the time the cashier was free, would she have allowed me to go ahead, I wonder. Or would she just stand there like a plonker 🤣...

It's not even a particularly busy Lidl. Well I'm usually in it, in the evening/ night time when it's mostly people with baskets or a handful of goods.

Reactions: 12
Saw that happening recently in a Lidl too. The woman ahead of me in the queue, had absolutely nothing, no basket, and nothing in their hands. Then a man appeared with a basket, and joined her. She had been reserving the space. 🤣

If he hadn't appeared by the time the cashier was free, would she have allowed me to go ahead, I wonder. Or would she just stand there like a plonker 🤣...

It's not even a particularly busy Lidl. Well I'm usually in it, in the evening/ night time when it's mostly people with baskets or a handful of goods.
That was it. I was expecting a little old man to rock up with his special brew of something.

The look on her face when it was getting closer and closer to her time to be served 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Wow didn’t know people reserved spaces 😂😂😂 that shouldn’t be allowed!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
The fact my so called partner knows I finish at six says he will pick me up and still have to phone and he's not set off
The only way they'll understand how it feels is if you give them a taste of their own medicine.
A friend gave her husband a lesson. Rang him whilst stuck in traffic to switch the oven on to preheat, then put in the pizzas etc if she was still not home. She got home to a cold oven.
The next time he rang to say I'm bringing some people home for a meal (people he wanted to impress). He got home to a cold oven.....
Karma is a witch. 😉🤭

• Haha
Reactions: 15
The only way they'll understand how it feels is if you give them a taste of their own medicine.
A friend gave her husband a lesson. Rang him whilst stuck in traffic to switch the oven on to preheat, then put in the pizzas etc if she was still not home. She got home to a cold oven.
The next time he rang to say I'm bringing some people home for a meal (people he wanted to impress). He got home to a cold oven.....
Karma is a witch. 😉🤭
This is exactly my level of petty! Sometimes it's the only way to get your point across.

My Husband went through a stage of not putting and socks or underwear in when he did the washing, because he hates hanging out fiddly stuff. So I stopped washing his pants and socks until he got the message.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Find it amusing neighbours across roads been to let us know his new neighbours think it's OK to borrow your garden furniture without asking because you aren't using it. Apparently came home from work today to see his garden furniture moved to their garden. All he got we are using it for 2 days

• Wow
Reactions: 23
I have to drive down a very narrow street to get to work car park. There are building works going on next door and the trades people all park on street. They then stand around beside their cars smoking, talking etc so you have to dodge them but then I have to get out to use code for gates.
I feel really intimidated by them and want to rush to get inside but its a narrow gate so you have to get a certain angle or you take a chunk off your car. Its worse during Winter when its really dark and they all have hoods up and scarfs covering their faces.
The worst part is those who then stand and watch you parking while the gate closes. They know Im on my own as no lights on in building and no other cars.
I was never scared about being here on my own before but since drving in its ramped the fear right up.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Wow didn’t know people reserved spaces 😂😂😂 that shouldn’t be allowed!
I feel like I missed the memo about reserving spaces at the till :ROFLMAO:
---
This is exactly my level of petty! Sometimes it's the only way to get your point across.

My Husband went through a stage of not putting and socks or underwear in when he did the washing, because he hates hanging out fiddly stuff. So I stopped washing his pants and socks until he got the message.
lol, men! Socks and pants too fiddly to hang up? Until they need a fresh set in the morning... They give up so easily.
---
My rant today is that as a crafter, I always have to have about 10 projects spinning around in my mind to the point I don't enjoy the one I'm working on. I need to be more present in the moment and only think of one thing at a time. It's supposed to be for mindfulness but I make it into a chore all the time 😭

Last edited:
  • Haha
I was in Tesco this morning and a lady picked up a bottle of sauce (I didn't see what it was but it was with the ketchup, mayo etc) unscrewed it, peeled the white protective cover off, stuck her finger in, licked it and put it back on the shelf. 🤢. She obviously didn't like it. I was right next to her so said that it's absolutely disgusting. She just looked at me and walked off.
I wouldn't even think to check if bottled sauces had been taste tested by someone else before buying it 🤢

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 48
I was in Tesco this morning and a lady picked up a bottle of sauce (I didn't see what it was but it was with the ketchup, mayo etc) unscrewed it, peeled the white protective cover off, stuck her finger in, licked it and put it back on the shelf. 🤢. She obviously didn't like it. I was right next to her so said that it's absolutely disgusting. She just looked at me and walked off.
I wouldn't even think to check if bottled sauces had been taste tested by someone else before buying it 🤢
What the duck. That is gross.

Reactions: 14
Dirty witch you should have chucked the bottle in her trolley when she had her back turned :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Off the back off the last thread about delivery drivers - WHY ON EARTH is it legal to have a Deliveroo/Uber Eats driver account when you only have a learners permit??? How can you be a professional driver when you don't have a full license for that moped?! They need to come down on that!

Reactions: 14
Please tell me you gave it to a member of staff to dispose of?

Reactions: 7
I’m sure we can all relate - businesses that come along on Insta - follow you - you politely follow them back and they then unfollow you. So so rude. It hasn’t happened to me for a long time but an ice cream shop did it to me today. They didn’t even give it 24 hours before they got rid of me. Well bye then - coz I certainly aren’t continuing with this my end.

I’ve swapped role in work about 6-8 months ago. I still get calls asking for help with stuff I did in my old role and it drives me mad despite us having a fully capable person now doing my old role. Just go to her ffs 😭

Reactions: 5
I’ve swapped role in work about 6-8 months ago. I still get calls asking for help with stuff I did in my old role and it drives me mad despite us having a fully capable person now doing my old role. Just go to her ffs 😭
You need to become vague and 'forget' stuff, and keep repeating that Doris* should be able to help them.

*person currently in role 😁

• Heart
Reactions: 5