Vignettes and Pets #6 Three Degrees of Separation

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The Split! It was called The Split - the Nicola Walker thingy…🙏
It was - I’m miffed I can’t watch it - they only have segments on You Tube. That kind of series is right up my street...

Good luck today with Teddy. Keep us posted. XX

• Heart
Reactions: 2
He’s had a boiled egg dearest and his cod loin is cooked and cooling…

There now follows a ray of sunshine on a grey Sunday…

IMG_0423.jpeg

---
There are 18 episodes of ‘ The Split’ on BBC1 iPlayer 😃😜
---
The cod loin is another no…😫

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Difficulty beat The Talented Mr Ripley...
I saw Andrew Scott at the theatre and the cinema and he's going to be a national treasure. To do TV (Fleabag), theatre and cinema is amazing.
I loved Mad Men too..and Desperate Housewives, Green Wing, West Wing, The Good Wife.....so many stand out series from America. The writing is so sharp.
Movies wise, girls, what are we thinking? I’m going to have to say -after a long, hard soul search - Atonement. Magnificent.

The theme alone .. you are sure of your story and then the shock when you realise the consequences of getting it wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
The Holiday but have watched that so often I know the script…

Anything with Mr Law…as in…ANYTHinG…

• Haha
Did you see him in Closer with Julia Roberts? 🥵🥵🥵
You see dearest - memory - now that’s the thing! I may have done but I have no recall of the flopping title…🤷‍♀️
I watched the latest disappointing Downton film yesterday after finishing Ripley. It was awful. Hugh Boneville looks like he’s seriously unwell. Maggie Smith is no more now in Downton…Drattit!

• Wow
You see dearest - memory - now that’s the thing! I may have done but I have no recall of the flopping title…🤷‍♀️
I watched the latest disappointing Downton film yesterday after finishing Ripley. It was awful. Hugh Boneville looks like he’s seriously unwell. Maggie Smith is no more now in Downton…Drattit!
I love Maggie - that’s disappointing. Hugh is going through a mid-life crisis so he might be indulging in Dr Ayad tweakments now he’s left the missus for a younger model and lost weight.

I have been busy using my new electric sponge set. Thing runs away with itself if you don’t hold hard to it! Emily must have strong wrists. I find the brillo pad malarkey has to be done first by hand - no getting away from that - and then the hurricane sponge. In my case, I’ve done the downstairs rads and the stairs. Design of the banister is wooden grooves at the foot of each wooden rail which is a trap for dust and grime. There is a narrow brush that is excellent and, by far, the best attachment. It gets right into the groove as Madonna would say and a most rewarding result.

All round, I think I’d give it 4/5. Great price, quick charge and lasts ages. Good assortment of heads, easy to use and three hefty speeds. Only flaw is the floor stick/broom thingy attachment is meant for someone of about 3 foot tall which means I have to bend and bending triggers my nerve root issues so not at all good. Shame. Still, for under €40 a brilliant buy.

I was wondering, @Oops if you ever got the glycolic cream that Melissa recommended?

• Heart
What glycolic cream dearest? And who is Melissa? ( thinks…I may as well get me to a nunnery - I can’t remember things anymore it seems…agghhhhh).

• Haha
What glycolic cream dearest? And who is Melissa? ( thinks…I may as well get me to a nunnery - I can’t remember things anymore it seems…agghhhhh).
Remember the You Tuber that me and Happy liked? The one that knitted her facecloths? A real southern belle...

• Haha
Oh yes THAT Melissa! I liked her too so much I forgot her name! Remind me about the glycolic cream dearest - I cannot think what she said. I have no idea what glycolic means ( it doesn’t sound too pleasant - sounds like a horse illness 😜😁) …
---
I have a bad attack of glycolic…?
---
Oh! My glycolia is bad today…
---
Phase 2 of nice things to look at…

IMG_0423.jpeg

• Haha
@Oops - You must be up to your eyes with your House Guests arriving so soon. I can’t believe it’s almost May 1st! Enjoy the get-together - I’ll be wearing my bonnet throughout in honour of the festivities. ❤👒❤👒

• Heart
I will be wearing my bonnet too with gay abandon 👒👒👒.
Not that I’m gay…
Not that there’s anything wrong if you are gay…
Er- I’ll just get me coat (again) 🧥.

thinks…I wish they had more stylish coat emojis…off to see of I can find that film Closer to watch…

• Haha
I will be wearing my bonnet too with gay abandon 👒👒👒.
Not that I’m gay…
Not that there’s anything wrong if you are gay…
Er- I’ll just get me coat (again) 🧥.

thinks…I wish they had more stylish coat emojis…off to see of I can find that film Closer to watch…
@Oops It’s an absolutely brilliant film - brilliant. It was 2004 and it has not aged a day. If you watch it, though, you won’t like our Jude. He hurts and hurts and expects his words to make him excused and forgiven. Natalie Portman and the almighty God that is Clive Owen really bring it together. Incredible script and acting but - I certainly was in bits by the end of it.
---
Ironically, Alfie was the same year - when he met Sienna Miller and they started their relationship when he was married to Sadie - I don’t think Alfie came first, though, so the cheating in Closer wasn’t autobiographical - prophetic maybe - although Sadie seemed a nightmare and, OMG Sienna - have been girl crushing forever...

Anyway, as always, Jude, forgiven and forgotten! ❤❤

Last edited:
  • Heart
@Oops It’s an absolutely brilliant film - brilliant. It was 2004 and it has not aged a day. If you watch it, though, you won’t like our Jude. He hurts and hurts and expects his words to make him excused and forgiven. Natalie Portman and the almighty God that is Clive Owen really bring it together. Incredible script and acting but - I certainly was in bits by the end of it.
---
Ironically, Alfie was the same year - when he met Sienna Miller and they started their relationship when he was married to Sadie - I don’t think Alfie came first, though, so the cheating in Closer wasn’t autobiographical - prophetic maybe - although Sadie seemed a nightmare and, OMG Sienna - have been girl crushing forever...

Anyway, as always, Jude, forgiven and forgotten! ❤❤
I always thought Clive Owen would make a great James Bond. 😁

• Heart
I always thought Clive Owen would make a great James Bond. 😁
The. Perfect. Bond.
---
So - if you go to a famed Italian restaurant - you feel absolutely honoured to receive this.... In real life, the guests would side eye you, helloooo, what’s next?? I’m going to go for a sophisticated - cough- meagre - dining experience, next and see what happens 😂😂 What do we think?

8F311143-C099-4C0C-B4C7-EF749C5DED06.jpeg

---
Simple - and yet fabulous 👨🏻‍🍳👩🏽‍🍳

Last edited:
  • Heart
So - this ⬆⬆ is what I will be presenting to my friends end - May! Pasta with a pine nut and see what they say 😂

• Heart
So - this ⬆⬆ is what I will be presenting to my friends end - May! Pasta with a pine nut and see what they say 😂
WHEN am I having this presented to me? Answer me that! I love pasta and pine nuts and if you cooked what’s on that plate I am moving to Dublin next week after my fabby relies go back to Germany.

…sit down for this next bit please…I will NEVER wrote these words again…

Today I cooked creamy lemon chicken with fresh dill and will be serving it when my guests arrive from the Dover ferry and we’ve had a Pims and swapped presents and hauled clothes to umpteen bedrooms and fallen over and given each other loads of hugs. It’s my happy place/time! Oh Yes, I am serving the creamy lemon chicken cooked by my own fair hand with all the grating of lemon rind and the juicing of the lemons and all that gubbins done by admirably by Emily - with confetti rice and a green salad with a balsamic glaze with olive oil from a volcanic olive grove in Italy somewhere. I mean it was a bit heavy on the lemon juice but my son called and suggested half a teaspoon of sugar in the sauce. Can’t even tell you how delicious that’s made it. He is an INCREDIBLE chef ! So I’ve never needed to be…This time I have excelled myself and it is not likely I will ever do it again. All I have to do now is re- heat it for supper without flopping burning it. Not holding my breath on that one and you shouldn’t either…Tomorrow night another cousin who is touring UK with her band is arriving with The Band in tow. Therefore they are all getting fish and chips in the paper sans plates.

• Heart
@Oops On the subject, how are you feeding the millions? I hope you are wearing pinny with your bonnet and cooking up a storm... your favourite thing!

I am so out of practice at hosting that I’m already worrying about what to give my guests - and there aren’t that many!
---
WHEN am I having this presented to me? Answer me that! I love pasta and pine nuts and if you cooked what’s on that plate I am moving to Dublin next week after my fabby relies go back to Germany.

…sit down for this next bit please…I will NEVER wrote these words again…

Today I cooked creamy lemon chicken with fresh dill and will be serving it when my guests arrive from the Dover ferry and we’ve had a Pims and swapped presents and hauled clothes to umpteen bedrooms and fallen over and given each other loads of hugs. It’s my happy place/time! Oh Yes, I am serving the creamy lemon chicken cooked by my own fair hand with all the grating of lemon rind and the juicing of the lemons and all that gubbins done by admirably by Emily - with confetti rice and a green salad with a balsamic glaze with olive oil from a volcanic olive grove in Italy somewhere. I mean it was a bit heavy on the lemon juice but my son called and suggested half a teaspoon of sugar in the sauce. Can’t even tell you how delicious that’s made it. He is an INCREDIBLE chef ! So I’ve never needed to be…This time I have excelled myself and it is not likely I will ever do it again. All I have to do now is re- heat it for supper without flopping burning it. Not holding my breath on that one and you shouldn’t either…Tomorrow night another cousin who is touring UK with her band is arriving with The Band in tow. Therefore they are all getting fish and chips in the paper sans plates.
Oh my God - Updates! Yay!

The lemon chicken sounds incredible... yum! And confetti rice and green salad.. amazeballs! You are a triumph at hosting. I might just copy your dish.

I know that hack re the sugar!! My mum, many moons ago, made a beef goulash for lunch guests and it was far too spicy and she had a meltdown so I suggested the sugar trick and it was delicious. Phew!

You are going to have so much fun! Enjoy the great company. XXX

Last edited:
  • Haha