Vignettes and Pets #6 Three Degrees of Separation

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Good morning - Teddy is out for a sniff with Emily. Can’t call it a walk because it’s sooooo short but nevertheless it’s a sniff for his brain stimulus. He ate a little more yesterday and he went to loo so he had a better day. Praise be! 💕

Hope Gem is a little better xxx💕
---
Really getting the full meaning of ‘let sleeping dogs lie’ at the moment. 🐕

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Good morning - Teddy is out for a sniff with Emily. Can’t call it a walk because it’s sooooo short but nevertheless it’s a sniff for his brain stimulus. He ate a little more yesterday and he went to loo so he had a better day. Praise be! 💕

Hope Gem is a little better xxx💕
---
Really getting the full meaning of ‘let sleeping dogs lie’ at the moment. 🐕
Gem’s walks are getting shorter and shorter. Yesterday, she managed ten mins - she used to be at least 20 mins. She has her summer haircut but I still think it’s a little warm for her. I’m going to try taking her out earlier in the day when it’s cooler.

Glad Teddy is a little better and is eating more. ❤🙏

• Heart
Yes same here . Teddy’s walks used to be for an hour or just short of that - now he’s just gone for about 15 minutes and only goes a short distance mostly sniffing because his legs give out. He is the equivalent of 130 in human years…💕 Am praying he’s able to eat as much today as he could yesterday. He is now using the earthing mat I got him when I got mine so am hoping thats why he’s rallied a little bit again. He wasn’t interested in it when I started using mine now he hasn't been given a choice…💕
---
I have put his ramp up to the sofa as I miss him sitting on the sofa with me soooo much. It’s so lovely to cuddle him and not have him always by my feet on the floor. He doesn’t stay up as long as he used to but it’s so better than not having him there with me. The ramp is ugly but who cares?
---

• Heart
Girls, hospitalised today with a blood infection 🙄
Will be having IV antibiotics as soon as a doc sees me. In bed now in near empty ward.
Had a horrible week feeling weak and feeble.
Meanwhile Toxics are sending me pics from South of France. Holiday I had to cancel. 😒

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Will be having IV antibiotics as soon as a doc sees me. In bed now in near empty ward.
Meanwhile Toxics are sending me pics from South of France. Holiday I had to cancel. 😒
Hope you feel better soon 🤍

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Oh no! Awful for you. You must be feeling so dreadful. Are you still in an almost empty ward? Not sure if it’s better to be alone when feeling wretched or to have company nearby to help possibly feel a little more upbeat. Are they treating you well?

The frocking Toxics are just appalling! Do they know you are in hospital? Frankly, and this is only my opinion - it doesn’t mean I’m right - but they probably weren’t the kind of people to go on holiday with in the first place. Maybe you have been spared in some way…

I really hope you feel better soon. Thinking of you such a lot.

Sending big hugs and pillow fluffing…

🫶🛌❤

• Heart
Reactions: 2
You poor, poor love - that is miserable for you. I really hope the IV antibiotics sort this out. It’s really hard for you enduring such aggressive treatment let alone this setback. Really hope you feel better soon. Please keep us posted. ❤❤

• Heart
Oh no! Awful for you. You must be feeling so dreadful. Are you still in an almost empty ward? Not sure if it’s better to be alone when feeling wretched or to have company nearby to help possibly feel a little more upbeat. Are they treating you well?

The frocking Toxics are just appalling! Do they know you are in hospital? Frankly, and this is only my opinion - it doesn’t mean I’m right - but they probably weren’t the kind of people to go on holiday with in the first place. Maybe you have been spared in some way…

I really hope you feel better soon. Thinking of you such a lot.

Sending big hugs and pillow fluffing…

🫶🛌❤
Yes, they know. The one posting is on her 3rd holiday this year. They know I can't fly.
I've been moved to a ward of 6 with respiratory issues....all pretty elderly...
Update...I've been moved to a side room on my own.

• Heart
  • Sad
Yes, they know. The one posting is on her 3rd holiday this year. They know I can't fly.
Well they should know better then!
Is it better for you in a side ward?
Have they said how long you are likely to be there for? Do they know?

• Heart
Don’t give the Toxics a thought. They are not worthy.

A side room sounds better? How are you today?

• Heart
Don’t give the Toxics a thought. They are not worthy.

A side room sounds better? How are you today?
I'm in isolation (Infectious Diseases) but actually the bug in my blood is a common one.
I have felt fine, never had a temperature or anything. Will explain elsewhere but the weak and feeble stuff was from my immunotherapy not this infection and on Friday morning I was in the garden.
On room is better...own bathroom, no snoring, coughing, talking. I have IV every 6 hrs so midnight, 6am, noon etc, observations and bloods taken but nobody else's interruptions.
Wearing own pyjamas which have been widely admired 😁

• Haha
I'm in isolation (Infectious Diseases) but actually the bug in my blood is a common one.
I have felt fine, never had a temperature or anything. Will explain elsewhere but the weak and feeble stuff was from my immunotherapy not this infection and on Friday morning I was in the garden.
On room is better...own bathroom, no snoring, coughing, talking. I have IV every 6 hrs so midnight, 6am, noon etc, observations and bloods taken but nobody else's interruptions.
Wearing own pyjamas which have been widely admired 😁
I’m sure your pyjamas are the talk of the ward. Our girl always bringing the style!

The thing that galls me about the snorers is they are usually the first to be given the private room after torturing everyone else! I’m glad you got the side room - justice has prevailed. It might do you good to get a little rest as you’ve been dealing with the reno non-stop. Breathe and reboot as they say.

I’m heading to my nephew’s Communion later. It’s a nice, sunny day. They lucked out for the bouncy castle. Communions are a fortune - I’m forking out €100 which is pretty standard. Back in the day you got a hard boiled sweet and rosary beads. I’m hoping my daughter will come with me as I don’t want to rock up on my own. She’s been out two nights in a row so highly unlikely.

• Heart
I’m sure your pyjamas are the talk of the ward. Our girl always bringing the style!

The thing that galls me about the snorers is they are usually the first to be given the private room after torturing everyone else! I’m glad you got the side room - justice has prevailed. It might do you good to get a little rest as you’ve been dealing with the reno non-stop. Breathe and reboot as they say.

I’m heading to my nephew’s Communion later. It’s a nice, sunny day. They lucked out for the bouncy castle. Communions are a fortune - I’m forking out €100 which is pretty standard. Back in the day you got a hard boiled sweet and rosary beads. I’m hoping my daughter will come with me as I don’t want to rock up on my own. She’s been out two nights in a row so highly unlikely.
That's a shame if you have to go alone.....
As for cost...times have changed. It takes a lot of money to do anything now. Cost seems to equate to enjoyment. 🙄

I have overheard some very bad case histories here and I feel a fraud as I look healthy 😂 and feel healthy. Trying to look glam!

I'm reading your book recommendation..The Caretakers ...thanks for that. I had started it but have been able to get stuck in now.

• Heart
That's a shame if you have to go alone.....
As for cost...times have changed. It takes a lot of money to do anything now. Cost seems to equate to enjoyment. 🙄

I have overheard some very bad case histories here and I feel a fraud as I look healthy 😂 and feel healthy. Trying to look glam!

I'm reading your book recommendation..The Caretakers ...thanks for that. I had started it but have been able to get stuck in now.
Honestly, you deserve a rest. ❤

I hope you enjoy the book. I find starting a book a bit difficult as well. I think when you’re in a public place like hospital, it’s even harder. I can really only get into it at home. I’m nervous about recommending anything let alone books - I’ve recommended two restaurants and my friends have told me I’m banned on account of them experiencing ‘dry ol’ chicken’. 😂😂

I’m reading something completely different at the moment - Bernie Taupin’s memoir - Scattershot: life, music, Elton and me. I adore his lyrics so it’s no surprise that he writes with such grace, humour, fun, frankness and honesty. I normally avoid autobiographies but this is a gem.
---
Also, I picked up your recommended book yesterday. Really looking forward to reading it. 🥰

0FE9039A-7D42-420E-A09E-E31D1C43295E.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Heart
how was the Holy Communion dear Havisham? Did one of your daughters come to the rescue?

Surely a little bag of sweeties would have been enough? No? Tch! They”ll be having Party Planners for them next, you watch…😜

• Haha
Good Morning! I hope you all slept well and @Miscanthus -relieved of the snorers - especially! I’m ashamed to say that hubby banished me to spare room when I toddled in just knowing that I would be one of them so I snored away in peace. Daughter is still in Sweden hence ‘the spare room’.

The Holy Communion was superb @Oops. The food was perfect - lots of divine salads which we could eat outside or inside. It was a glorious sunny day so, having applied copious SPF, I sat outside. Great company and lots of lovely Portuguese wines and children all on the bouncy castle with their own table of nuggets and fries and lemonade so they never came near the adults. Very enjoyable.

Daughter drove me, had a bite to eat and then got a phone call from her dad to say that Gem needed her bottom washed so she left and then returned hours later to collect me. We also brought the aunt and mother-in-law to their hotel in Dun Laoghaire and then eventually got home to bed.

She is off to Chicago on the 28th May. I hope it all works out for her. Accommodation is costing each of the six girls $1k a month. She has a job waiting for her in a Mexican restaurant. The concern is her leaving at all hours of the morning - I want her to pay for a cab but I suspect she will take public transport to save money. Anyway, we will see.

How are you today, @Miscanthus and how long are they keeping you in?
---
By the way, I really enjoyed that article on interiors. Very tongue in cheek but on point re a lot of interior designers following trends and being costly and unimaginative. I feel that whatever you choose yourself is authentic to you and follow your own rules.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Oh - Chicago looms…Something else to have on your mind! I never knew which worried me more - when they were grown up or when they were little. I still worry now but NEVER EVER mention it or tell either of them. I remember once they were both up in planes returning to UK separately but at the same time of day. One from Sweden and one from Thailand - I was in bits. I didn’t know who to worry about more. I don't think it ever stops. Then they have children and off you go again…🫣

I watched one of those grim vlogs for the first time in ages yesterday and was utterly appalled! Wasn’t it AWFUL? Ughhhh! Un-be-flopping-lieveable…

I thought the Communion would be good for you. The sun was out too which always helps so much.

(NB I wrote this two days ago and have just realised now that I forgot to press send! Is there any hope for me? ) 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Oh - Chicago looms…Something else to have on your mind! I never knew which worried me more - when they were grown up or when they were little. I still worry now but NEVER EVER mention it or tell either of them. I remember once they were both up in planes returning to UK separately but at the same time of day. One from Sweden and one from Thailand - I was in bits. I didn’t know who to worry about more. I don't think it ever stops. Then they have children and off you go again…🫣

I watched one of those grim vlogs for the first time in ages yesterday and was utterly appalled! Wasn’t it AWFUL? Ughhhh! Un-be-flopping-lieveable…

I thought the Communion would be good for you. The sun was out too which always helps so much.

(NB I wrote this two days ago and have just realised now that I forgot to press send! Is there any hope for me? ) 🤷‍♀️
So funny @Oops - I do the same - I write a chapter and then forget to post?! ❤❤ I need to sleep now - til tomorrow 😴😴😴

• Heart