This Mama Life #32

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'd find that reel she did cute and funny if it were a really well fed, chubby baby but I found it really sad and distasteful given the history with him and her. Already feels like she's shaming him for wanting to eat. Projection, Sarah.
She is genuinely tapped in the head laughing at her hungry baby that 1) she’s acknowledged wasn’t putting on weight 2) is martyring herself to stick to her feeding preferences over a fed back to birth weight at a normal time baby and 3) is tiny AF for his age.

She isn’t even harmless and a bit weird anymore- she genuinely comes across as hugely unwell projecting unresolved control, anxiety and eating disorder behaviour on her children. Buying clothes too small, feeding toddler portions to her much older children and now laughing at her hungry new born child. Utter fruit loop.

Reactions: 15
I wonder why her mum is coming down, it's noones birthday, I bet Sarah is off this weekend for an event

Reactions: 6
He looks hungry in that reel. Just give him some more feed? Why make a dig that he's just been fed and is rooting again, just pop him back on.

Reactions: 12
I wonder why her mum is coming down, it's noones birthday, I bet Sarah is off this weekend for an event
Maybe the reason she’s freezing her breast milk. Getting it all ready for an event she must attend leaving Gran in charge.

Reactions: 8
Good Lord read the room?! Your baby’s journey so far has been about difficulty feeding/not growing enough so you make a joke about him being hungry?!?!

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Good Lord read the room?! Your baby’s journey so far has been about difficulty feeding/not growing enough so you make a joke about him being hungry?!?!
She’s not the brightest crayon in the box is she?!

Reactions: 5
She’s not the brightest crayon in the box is she?!
Sarah - the baby is still hungry. They don’t feed in straight linear amounts and feed more at growth spurts to up supply. Forget whether he’s had a “breast feed” x mins before. You know you’re still not effectively feeding him as you’re still having to express. Even if you were, if there are feeding cues, feed him! There is a physiological reason for that. Feed him until he refuses.

The fact that she and Sinbad have been laughing at baby with infant feeding issues showing feeding cues rather than feeding him is just all kinds of wrong. Really worrying

This is probably a material part of the reason the baby doesn’t sleep for prolonged periods.

we’ll get the usual bollox that we just see a minute if the day…of course she’s feeding him etc. that’s nonsense. Focus on feeding your baby on his cues. Not making stupid reels for Instagram. Feeding him is the priority

Reactions: 14
One of the biggest misunderstandings with breastfeeding is that babies should go a certain time between feeds or ‘can’t’ be hungry because they’ve just been fed. She’s just perpetuating that myth and laughing at her hungry baby, as if he’s being greedy 😢

• Sad
Reactions: 17
One of the biggest misunderstandings with breastfeeding is that babies should go a certain time between feeds or ‘can’t’ be hungry because they’ve just been fed. She’s just perpetuating that myth and laughing at her hungry baby, as if he’s being greedy 😢
So sad to see. She already has severe issues with this baby boy.

Reactions: 3
Especially in the first 12 weeks - he looks starving - sometimes you have days where all they do is feed at that age and funnily enough, it helps them grow! Has she never heard of the fourth trimester?

Reactions: 10
Mine were formula fed and I still fed on demand. I find it so odd that she uses her newborn for content rather than just feeding him!

Reactions: 13
She’ll be dumping the other two with her mum & off with the tiny teeny small definitely not big in any way shape or form baby

Reactions: 5
Mine were formula fed and I still fed on demand. I find it so odd that she uses her newborn for content rather than just feeding him!
Always been something I've never understood feeding bottled babies in intervals! If your baby is hungry you feed them we have always fed on demand for our 2 formula babies

She just wants him to be convenient!

Reactions: 9
Sarah please feed that little boy. He’s hungry. A full up, satisfied baby of his age doesn’t root like that.
Please, please, please feed him. Poor mite

Reactions: 16
You’re right, all babies should be fed on demand. It’s been NHS advice for ages too and she should know that.

But if she fed him and he was a well, healthy baby she wouldn't get half the attention.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.