The Royal Family #47

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Was Margaret’s funeral televised? I’m sure there was a service at St George’s for her before a private cremation but can’t remember watching it but it might have still been on
In comparison to other Royal funerals, poor old Margaret was put out with the bins.

I was reminded of a German case just today. Princess Benedikte of Denmark's son is Prince of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg in Germany. His grandfather was killed in WW2 and left a will leaving the castle and estate to his future grandson providing that the grandson married a woman who was both noble and 'Aryan'; his now wife is half Mexican I believe, anyway not fully 'Aryan'. The Prince and Princess had to wait for over 20 years to get married while fighting the will through the German courts. They finally won the case against a cousin as the Prince was ruled to have fulfilled the will when he inherited as he wasn't then married. They are both now 54 and got married a couple of years ago. Last year a son was born and it has been reported that a daughter was born a few days ago, both theirs by surrogate. Presumably they froze embryos when they realised how long the court case was going to take.
A disgusting will, but it's equally disgusting that this pair went and bought babies to get around it.

Reactions: 10
In comparison to other Royal funerals, poor old Margaret was put out with the bins.

A disgusting will, but it's equally disgusting that this pair went and bought babies to get around it.
As far as I know, they didn’t “buy” babies, but used their frozen embryos and a surrogate to have children. How is that disgusting?

KC was looking well today, which is such a relief.

I am still worried about Catherine, it is somewhat in stark contrast that the King was getting out and about again and she is not.

Reactions: 17
KC was looking well today, which is such a relief.

I am still worried about Catherine, it is somewhat in stark contrast that the King was getting out and about again and she is not.
True, and I have been worried also, but remember she is probably around a month-6 weeks behind the King in terms of when they got diagnosed and therefore started treatment, plus despite the fact he is the one who is head of state, as a woman whose looks are picked apart on a good day, there’s a lot more pressure around any public appearance for her. It’s hard not to compare the two and I think it sort of (hopefully) makes Kate’s situation appear more worrying than it is.

Reactions: 21
She has also undergone major abdominal surgery so will have to recover from that which will be harder add as she will have side effects from the chemo too.

True, and I have been worried also, but remember she is probably around a month-6 weeks behind the King in terms of when they got diagnosed and therefore started treatment, plus despite the fact he is the one who is head of state, as a woman whose looks are picked apart on a good day, there’s a lot more pressure around any public appearance for her. It’s hard not to compare the two and I think it sort of (hopefully) makes Kate’s situation appear more worrying than it is.
Also different cancers require different chemotherapy with different side effects which again vary according to each person. Even a year after finishing chemo, one active day floors me for two. Kate may well be spending her time asleep on the sofa and that isn't worse, just different.

Reactions: 24
On the topic of funerals….but if Prince Harry were to die tomorrow, would be have a big Royal funeral? Or a private affair? I assume he would be buried over here??

Reactions: 2
On the topic of funerals….but if Prince Harry were to die tomorrow, would be have a big Royal funeral? Or a private affair? I assume he would be buried over here??
I assume it would now be private as he isn’t a working member of the family. I guess where he is buried would be up to Meghan and she might want him in America for the children. Tricky conversations to have but guess it should have been covered by the wider Megxit talks so they knew what to expect when they walked away (although apparently the money situation took them by surprise so who knows)

Reactions: 8
Considering they just had a tantrum and left because they couldn't make money off Sussex Royal merch and be part-time in Hollywood and part-time in the UK doing what they wanted, all paid for by the taxpayer 24/7/365, I doubt any deeper considerations were thought of.

Reactions: 17
I assume it would now be private as he isn’t a working member of the family. I guess where he is buried would be up to Meghan and she might want him in America for the children. Tricky conversations to have but guess it should have been covered by the wider Megxit talks so they knew what to expect when they walked away (although apparently the money situation took them by surprise so who knows)
I think they’re both quite hung up on all the royal connection and their place in history, like them believing a title was a birth right for their children. So I think they’d at least want to be buried here, maybe at Frogmore.

I can imagine Anne wouldn’t care about a state funeral but I think is popular enough that she would at least get something that’s private but televised like Philips.

Reactions: 4
I’d imagine he’s made a will and his funeral arrangements would be in that. I think all members of the RF are involved, way before they die, in the arrangements.

Reactions: 6
There's a Royal Burial Ground at Frogmore, basically a cemetery with stones inset into the grass from photos (it's private). Anyone who isn't a monarch or consort since Victoria goes in there (Windsors, Kents, Gloucesters etc) though George VI's youngest brother, Prince John, is buried in the graveyard at Sandringham along with his uncle who died at a few days old.

Talking about deaths, it's reported that Lady Ella has moved back in with her parents at Kensington Palace, her childhood home, as she can't bear to be in her marital home at the moment.
---
I really love your in depth knowledge of royalty, it's always an interesting read. Thank you. 👑
Thank you! I'm a history and jewellery nerd and therefore follow a lot of the blogs and accounts focussing on royal jewellery as they are usually the most historic and downright gorgeous. I've picked up an awful lot of trivia about foreign royals as a consequence though the Germans give me a headache trying to sort them out!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Also different cancers require different chemotherapy with different side effects which again vary according to each person. Even a year after finishing chemo, one active day floors me for two. Kate may well be spending her time asleep on the sofa and that isn't worse, just different.
I'd also point out just how much of a microscope royal women are under for their physical appearance. If Charles appears out of sorts it's a discussion, but more of a "the King isn't looking well" and some hushed tones about funeral plans.

Just look at how obsessive people got over not being given explicit details of Kate's medical history, paparazzi shots, a released image, or even a bloody video of the woman. We've seen claims of body doubles, AI, photoshopping a different face on, plastic surgery, a wig, etc. If she's seen with thinner hair, weight gain, weight loss, swelling, or any of the varied physical changes possible it'll be a discussion point on Twitter, in magazines, all the like.
For the sake of her self esteem and just not having to read random people on Twitter claiming to be experts and that she's dying and being replaced with a hologram I'd not be surprised if she's just not going to be seen until she's photo op ready.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
There's a Royal Burial Ground at Frogmore, basically a cemetery with stones inset into the grass from photos (it's private). Anyone who isn't a monarch or consort since Victoria goes in there (Windsors, Kents, Gloucesters etc) though George VI's youngest brother, Prince John, is buried in the graveyard at Sandringham along with his uncle who died at a few days old.

Talking about deaths, it's reported that Lady Ella has moved back in with her parents at Kensington Palace, her childhood home, as she can't bear to be in her marital home at the moment.
---

Thank you! I'm a history and jewellery nerd and therefore follow a lot of the blogs and accounts focussing on royal jewellery as they are usually the most historic and downright gorgeous. I've picked up an awful lot of trivia about foreign royals as a consequence though the Germans give me a headache trying to sort them out!
Interesting! Would you mind sharing your favourite jewelry accounts? Thanks in advance!

• Heart
Interesting! Would you mind sharing your favourite jewelry accounts? Thanks in advance!
The Court Jeweller is the best (through Google), then search "royal jewels" under Accounts in Instagram and you will get "British Royal Jewels", "Spanish Royal Jewels", "Dutch Royal Jewels", etc

New photo of Charlotte for her 9th birthday, taken by Catherine

84360771-13374803-image-a-3_1714641292035.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Lovely picture but interesting choice! Wasn’t it widely assumed that these were the clothes Charlotte had on before Kate photoshopped the pattern and colour on that photo

Reactions: 6
Lovely picture but interesting choice! Wasn’t it widely assumed that these were the clothes Charlotte had on before Kate photoshopped the pattern and colour on that photo
I think Louis was wearing the same shirt as well. The thought of Kate getting them dressed in the same outfits just to troll the conspiracy nuts on Twitter is quite amusing.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.