The Duggar Family #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sen provision has been slashed to the bone by the government. My concern is children who are removed on a whim - a row over a nose stud was a recent one, or because of parental issues. We had an agoraphobic mother who removed her child due to wanting them at home with her, they spend their days gaming now according to other kids. The pandemic has made this worse and numerous children will fall through the net with no one checking on their welfare
When you want to electively home educate you need to write to the headteacher stating that you want to deregister them. That notification then gets passed onto the LA, so it's up to them to investigate. The LAs remit is also narrowing due to cuts, so some have a designated home education officer and others don't bother at all. So whilst in theory LA are responsible for welfare checks many don't do anything.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Home education is much more common in the US than here and there are many curriculums to choose from. Many choose to home educate so their kids have a Christian curriculum and some because they feel schools are no longer safe.
There are many groups/sports activities etc that are specifically for Home Educated kids which is great. We lived in the US for several years and knew several home schooled kids all of whom were bright, well rounded lovely kids who went onto College etc.
The Duggars style of home education is not the norm in my opinion!

Reactions: 5
For those about queer kids in IBLP. I can only talk about my experience but first and formost my parents were told to beat it out of me. Then they were to keep me so busy I wouldn't have time to think about being queer. They would make me read scripture about how I was evil and deserved to die. They had me go to weekly therapy with the leaders wife and keep me away from spending one on one alone time with girls outside of my family.
There were places (in the US) I could of been sent to but I convinced myself I was straight and became a raging homophobe to cover it up. Some of the things I said I am so ashamed of to this day.

Being Queer is the best though. Being straight was so boring 😅😅😅
all the religions pull this with gay. beat it out of you, pray it away, go to some special camp to get it resolved.
I am sorry this was your experience!!!

Reactions: 1
Just finished the book. It’s a little slow to get going, lots of background with growing up with IBLP indoctrination but i found it a good read and I think Jill is brave to openly discuss how her father ripped her and her siblings off and what a nasty piece of work he actually is, although she doesn’t come out and say that. She does detail the hurt and emotional trauma he caused her and the years of therapy it’s taken her to feel at peace. $8 million dollars made from all the filming and Jill and Derrick had to sue the company JB created to get a penny.
Interesting to me is the fact that this is not a very different situation to many influencers today who use their children to advertise and rake in huge sums. I bet most of them don’t pay their kids.

Reactions: 10
Just finished the book. It’s a little slow to get going, lots of background with growing up with IBLP indoctrination but i found it a good read and I think Jill is brave to openly discuss how her father ripped her and her siblings off and what a nasty piece of work he actually is, although she doesn’t come out and say that. She does detail the hurt and emotional trauma he caused her and the years of therapy it’s taken her to feel at peace. $8 million dollars made from all the filming and Jill and Derrick had to sue the company JB created to get a penny.
Interesting to me is the fact that this is not a very different situation to many influencers today who use their children to advertise and rake in huge sums. I bet most of them don’t pay their kids.
It was fascinating to me that none of them ever thought to question the private planes he had. or all the real estate he was accumulating. Like-if they would have all stayed at home and kept being performing seals for him, they would have continued to get the benefits? but if they let then they were out on their own?

I was thinking this as I was listening,specifically about the Radford family. Making so much money from exposing their children, but I wonder will they get renumerated for it? I'm sure for many YouTube families the next generation will be full of tell-all books.

Reactions: 6
It was fascinating to me that none of them ever thought to question the private planes he had. or all the real estate he was accumulating. Like-if they would have all stayed at home and kept being performing seals for him, they would have continued to get the benefits? but if they let then they were out on their own?
I guess being indoctrinated the way they were, it never occurred to the kids to question as that would be seen being disrespectful. Interesting how in the book JB was furious about Jill wearing pants but Michelle does now and she wears make up. Bloody hypocrites!!
I think Jill has been very brave to stand up for herself and distance herself from her parents. You can see in the book how hard it has been for her. Always wanting to keep her parents happy and her father is just so manipulative and nasty.
He may have started off doing the show as some sort of ‘ ministry’ but it didn’t stay that way. He liked the money and the way it made him look. Airplanes, cars, big house, lots of attention. Meanwhile ripping off his kids and basically pimping them out for tv!
Josh obviously inherited his fathers attitude of “I’m in charge and no one can touch me”.
I wouldn’t be surprised if they are several skeletons in J-B’s closet. Wonder if they’ll ever come out.

Reactions: 9
You need to look into the MEGA churches and televangelists . Joel Osteen lives in a $10 million dollar home.

There's a clip of one of them saying "G-d wants me to have a private jet". He had three.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
FWIW I totally agree with Derrick, but this was a child (who was nothing to do with him) that he publicly attacked. There was no 'query', he was out to offend. He came across as nothing better than an arrogant, childish bully.
the fact that TLC has exploited Jazz as much as the Duggar kids may also have been in play. I agree challenging Jazz directly was a dumb move

Reactions: 1
the fact that TLC has exploited Jazz as much as the Duggar kids may also have been in play. I agree challenging Jazz directly was a dumb move
That's what I mean about Derrick being a slightly nicer JB. If he has an axe to grind, he doesn't seem to care who he stabs in the process. It's all about him. I think a lot of what has happened to Jill and her 'enlightment' is really about Derrick getting one up on JB. He said himself the primary reason he went to law school was to take a case against him. That's why it concerns me that Derrick is a coauthor of HER story, he's trying to gain financially from her whilst still centering himself. A lot of the book was about Jill's childhood and IBLP, it just seems odd that Derrick is even on the front cover.

Did anyone else cheer when reading the bit about Jill telling her family about her potential infertility after Samuel and JB sticking his big gob in and Jill saying she wished she’d asked him why her uterus was his buisness

👏🏻 👏🏻

I can’t imagine her ever managing to see it out loud but at least it’s in writing

Reactions: 8
I found myself willing to Jill to give it to JB with both barrels!!! And although she didn’t do that, I do think she has been brave in standing up for herself ( re pants/nose ring etc) and also you can see the realisation that women who she respects and admires, who are faithful Christian’s and have nose rings and wear pants don’t spontaneously combust cos of this.
I’d really love her to tell JB to piss off but
that will never happen!

• Heart
Reactions: 5