The Chateau Diaries #302 Stay home and renovate the damn chito

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
With great trepidation, as it seems to be a rather contentious subject, I’m entering the Tattle lasagna zone!

In a nutshell, there is no one recipe for the definitive lasagna. Different regions in Italy use different components, while in the USA the “construction” of lasagna is driven by Italian-American cookery. A style that has evolved and been absorbed into everyday life in home kitchens throughout the States.

Two different regional types of lasagna.

IMG_0484.jpeg
IMG_0485.jpeg

Quite, quite, different in looks and in the making, but both are lasagna! And there are many variations - not just by region, but sometimes family to family.

https://www.accademiaitalianadellac...sters-updated-recipe-true-ragù-alla-bolognese

As can be seen from the above, Bolognese “sauce” is taken very seriously in Bologna. Just for the hell of it, this is the “protected” recipe for ragu alla bolognese.

Personally, my preference lies in Bologna, rather than Naples.

In the Lalande kitchen, Marie’s lasagna was much too wet - even letting it stand before cutting into it wouldn’t have helped much. Philip’s attempt was, at best, odd. The point, though, is they are both European and are much more likely to be following (or not!) a recipe for Italian-Italian lasagna al forno that doesn’t conform to what those who use Italian-American cookery see as a benchmark.

This is absolutely not intended as a dig at Italian-American food and its development in the States. Far from it. It’s more a recognition of the differences between Italian-Italian and Italian-American. Some much-loved dishes in America simply don’t exist in Italy - suggest chicken Alfredo to someone in Italy and they’d scratch their head. (I have to say that sometimes I have found the differences mystifying - marina sauce stumped me for ages, because I couldn’t understand why seafood didn’t enter the equation. An American pal put me right on that…accompanied by howls of laughter.)

I should probably have put this under a spoiler. Never mind!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Who thinks that the new container/s will be shoved onto the tennis court which is becoming an ever expanding junk yard. The unused red van being the star of the show. Anything that goes there to die will never be resurrected again. Out of sight out of mind. And I think that the tartlet who said that the contents of Narnia will be put in the containers is probably right.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
I’ve been an infrequent reader last couple of days - can I ask in which video Stephanie mentioned the shipping containers. I’m just so bamboozled by this I have to hear this for myself.
I think Philip’s lasagne seems to be in the same genre as Chicken Alfredo;)

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 30

View attachment 2902385View attachment 2902387
these are literally so easy to make I am not the best cook or even trained i had 7 cooking classes and pulled this off there is even an easy to do one where you put the sheets of pasta in the oven without pre-cooking them and it comes out beautifully moist like the first one here napoleano dish and cooked how could she fk this up.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Watch Stephanie play “ cutesy” again by showing how the newly purchased cups hold her expensive Velvetiser hot chocolate paaaarfectly. Recall that she owns three of the expensive velvetiser hot chocolate machines and has purchased hundreds of dollars in specialized chocolate packets to make hot chocolate for herself.She also has over 20 antique/ expensive porcelain latte cups. DISGUSTING.

Watch the gruesome twosome sleazily claim that beauty “ makes a difference in life” to try to justify their outrageous reckless nonstop spending.
Watch until 5:15 to see her smug face combined with her fake illness/ “ cutesy” act.

Being married to a toxic narcissist for a million years has made me quite an astute observer of their behavior. If they have done something they know will cause a ruckus they will generate illness to avoid confrontation. All these travel and shopping sprees have definitely sent Fanny to her sick bed. Look at all the sympathy comments she gets from her followers. Then surprise! She doesn’t have to be accountable.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 42
Ha! @silviachiarito1035 what are you planning? Does France have squatter rights? Some parts here in USA, 30 days is all a person needs to stake their claim. It can be quite costly to remove the unwanted "guest".
I'd love to see the grifters try to outwit another grifter/guest/squatter😀

**I'd actually pay to watch that drama unfold
Didn’t we with Selmar?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 29
Stephanie Jarvis is one of the shittiest dog owners on this planet. Poor Ratso is not a stuffed animal ( Dumb ass Stephanie claims that the dog is actually a person and that Ratso is not an animal …. Idiot ). It is cruel, abusive, and reckless to foist the tiny dog in the air above her head and spin around in circles. Ratso is terrified and frightened. She did not notice when the dog was chewing on the electrical box attached to her favorite Foreo facial scrubber this past week and has to feed the dog treats constantly off camera to get the dog to come to her and jump up on her (which she tries to pass off as the dog being excited to see her). Ratso likes FRK much better than either of the selfish, rotten gruesome twosome.

The next time she pulls a stunt like this with the dog, I hope he pisses in her face and hair.. it will only take Stephanie a week or so to wash the pee out of her hair anyways. Perhaps she could then kill two birds with one stone, and finally wash the pee stained bag that she loves to feature prominently in most every kitchen video. Stephanie is such a filthy person who has such a filthy home.

Stephanie Jarvis is cruel and negligent to all animals that reside at the dump. I hope Spud and Beethoven haunt her.

Oh, wait. I forgot. Stephanie isn’t actually the owner of Ratso. She made Snorty register as the legal owner of the dog. Enjoy that legal liability Snorty.

View attachment 2902541
yes this cruel selfish person .

Attachments

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 30
With great trepidation, as it seems to be a rather contentious subject, I’m entering the Tattle lasagna zone!

In a nutshell, there is no one recipe for the definitive lasagna. Different regions in Italy use different components, while in the USA the “construction” of lasagna is driven by Italian-American cookery. A style that has evolved and been absorbed into everyday life in home kitchens throughout the States.

Quite, quite, different in looks and in the making, but both are lasagna! And there are many variations - not just by region, but sometimes family to family.

https://www.accademiaitalianadellacucina.it/en/notizie/notizia/italian-academy-cuisine-registers-updated-recipe-true-ragù-alla-bolognese

As can be seen from the above, Bolognese “sauce” is taken very seriously in Bologna. Just for the hell of it, this is the “protected” recipe for ragu alla bolognese.

In the Lalande kitchen, Marie’s lasagna was much too wet - even letting it stand before cutting into it wouldn’t have helped much. Philip’s attempt was, at best, odd. The point, though, is they are both European and are much more likely to be following (or not!) a recipe for Italian-Italian lasagna al forno that doesn’t conform to what those who use Italian-American cookery see as a benchmark.

This is absolutely not intended as a dig at Italian-American food and its development in the States. Far from it. It’s more a recognition of the differences between Italian-Italian and Italian-American. Some much-loved dishes in America simply don’t exist in Italy - suggest chicken Alfredo to someone in Italy and they’d scratch their head. (I have to say that sometimes I have found the differences mystifying - marina sauce stumped me for ages, because I couldn’t understand why seafood didn’t enter the equation. An American pal put me right on that…accompanied by howls of laughter.)

Ooof, if marinara threw you for a loop, here in Southern Louisiana the descendants of our original Italian community refer to any red sauce as “red gravy”. In the part of Louisiana where I was raised a red gravy would be a savory tomato gravy intended to be served over fresh hot “cat’s head” biscuits. The name of the biscuit comes from their size, not ingredients.😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
I’ve been an infrequent reader last couple of days - can I ask in which video Stephanie mentioned the shipping containers. I’m just so bamboozled by this I have to hear this for myself.
I think Philip’s lasagne seems to be in the same genre as Chicken Alfredo;)
It was mentioned very near the start of the Sick Day vlog at 1min 10 sec. in.

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
One of the previous great clear outs. Potty was jesting that e@ch time they sort / move stuff it is put in a space further and further away. Fanny says we have to throw stuff out or build an annexe. How ironic.

Amoury has thoughts about her mental state.
If only Amaury had gotten through to her before Phiphi the enabling fellow addict got her under his spell. 🤮

• Haha
Reactions: 20
One of the things I hate about the gruesome twosome is that they encourage and cheer on Ratso to dangerously and improperly chase, harass, and try to harm the chickens, the roosters, the peahens, the peacocks, and the sheep. They go so far as to actively take him into the sheep field so he can chase and harass the sheep. Stephanie would take Ratso into the chicken pen and hold him over the chickens and close up to the chicks. He often runs off into the woods when Stephanie is walking him or disappears behind trees out of sight. They would never be able to catch him if he ran off or something grabbed him. They not only put the animals at the dump at risk, but also the safety of Ratso. Ratso has into the streets in the gruesome twosome don’t notice

Ratso will now take off at top speed and chase anything, to include squirrels, foxes, birds, etc. He wants to do so when they walk in the woods or anytime he is out on the property. They do not protect him from himself. He cannot help that he has a high prey instinct, but he can be managed in a way they can keep himself and the animals at the dump safe. They just don’t care to do so.

You saw how Stephanie intentionally tries to amp up and activate Ratso’s high prey instinct by putting him at the window to growl, bark, become intensely focused, and excited at watching the peacocks in the courtyard.

They do not participate in activities to satisfy his high prey instinct in ways that do not involve the animals at the dump, e.g. , playing with him with toys for several hours, playing fetch a few times per day, wearing him out, and other activities so he doesn’t have as much pent-up high energy that needs to be exerted in some way.

The laziest, most careless, and selfish couple on this planet adopted one of the most high energy dogs, and they do nothing to help the dog release all of his energy.Ratso is bored, frustrated, manhandled, dominated, etc. This was a very bad choice of a dog for these two people. Ratso is not bad. He is just being himself. He is just not in the appropriate environment, does not receive the appropriate training or supervision, does not receive appropriate care, has a very unstable home environment, is likely overwhelmed by 40 room home and dozens of acres around him that he feels like he must patrol or control, and he’s being cared for by an unstable throuple who are careless and far too immature as a collective to take care of any animal properly.

They should send Ratso to doggy daycare during the B&B season on days that Marie has to cook. He can play and get worn out and then come home and sleep. I have a feeling that unless the little pink cameras is on, no one pays much attention to Ratso except to carry him around, dominate him, or toss a toy at him occasionally. I have a feeling the dog requires more individualized and active attention throughout the day, and he doesn’t receive it. They don’t pay much attention to the dog when the cameras off And they don’t respond, his whimpers or his attempt to try to get them to take him outside to use the bathroom or the play and release some of his energy, etc.

Selfish Stephanie expects the dog to accommodate her lifestyle instead of her having to change any part of her lifestyle to accommodate what the dog needs. Cast member Snorty does not want the dog to interfere with his dozens of hours of online auction shopping weekly. FRK is busy starting fires, gathering weeds to put in with the flowers, cleaning, and cooking.

Have you noticed that Stephanie still ignores the fact that all the chickens are gone? When she doesn’t want to talk about something, she pretends that doesn’t exist. Whenever she is confronted with an issue, Stephanie usually hides refuses to address or discuss it.
My nutty dog who is part Basenji wants to chase and kill everything. He does kill every single lizard that comes onto my pool enclosure and he will try to chase bunnies squirrels anything else that’s out there. He will try because he’s a dog. I keep him on a leash while walking because he’s a knucklehead And either will try to attack large dogs or just run away not realizing that I feed him and let him sleep In my bed. But he is a dog that equals animal! He has many toys ( spoiled rotten ) an elephant, a lion, a possum that he shakes and tries to get this squeaky out of. I’m assuming he’s trying to kill them. He rips off their arms their ears I sew them back on. But he is an animal again. I do not send him to doggy daycare. He’s 13. He has a 3000 square-foot house to run around in and enjoy his day. I do have a video camera and alarm systems because we had a house-fire 12 years ago that killed my two big dogs, old English & lab, I never would’ve got this crazy cowboy dog. If it wasn’t that he was needing a home. I had first agreed to foster him and then of course now he’s my boyfriend and I’m madly in love with him. If He’s not trying to kill lizards or animals. He’s asleep next to me somewhere. I would think it would be nearly impossible for that tiny dog (lance ) to catch and kill all the chickens, but I am also surprised that the princess did not use the death of the chickens in a video like all the other people have done. I know very little about chickens or if they run fast or fly, but I know all the bunnies in my neighborhood kind of sit there still, and then soon as my dog starts to go after them, they takeoff. He would never catch them even off a leash. I do feel bad for that dog, but it seems like he loves to be outside. He has a lot of freedom and he has people around him all day. Just because Fanny and PP don’t take care of him it seems as if Ann Marie is an animal lover and Marie does seem to love him and he has a BFF and Ruby and all of us have been worried about Ruby now we get to see Ruby so often. OK, I’m done.

PS I have had the worst worst hair color that I’ve ever had in my whole entire life and now I just want to stay in my house and cry. The hairdresser said she’ll fix it on Monday but until then I’m wearing a hat to the grocery

• Heart
Reactions: 32
My nutty dog who is part Basenji wants to chase and kill everything. He does kill every single lizard that comes onto my pool enclosure and he will try to chase bunnies squirrels anything else that’s out there. He will try because he’s a dog. I keep him on a leash while walking because he’s a knucklehead And either will try to attack large dogs or just run away not realizing that I feed him and let him sleep In my bed. But he is a dog that equals animal! He has many toys ( spoiled rotten ) an elephant, a lion, a possum that he shakes and tries to get this squeaky out of. I’m assuming he’s trying to kill them. He rips off their arms their ears I sew them back on. But he is an animal again. I do not send him to doggy daycare. He’s 13. He has a 3000 square-foot house to run around in and enjoy his day. I do have a video camera and alarm systems because we had a house-fire 12 years ago that killed my two big dogs, old English & lab, I never would’ve got this crazy cowboy dog. If it wasn’t that he was needing a home. I had first agreed to foster him and then of course now he’s my boyfriend and I’m madly in love with him. If He’s not trying to kill lizards or animals. He’s asleep next to me somewhere. I would think it would be nearly impossible for that tiny dog (lance ) to catch and kill all the chickens, but I am also surprised that the princess did not use the death of the chickens in a video like all the other people have done. I know very little about chickens or if they run fast or fly, but I know all the bunnies in my neighborhood kind of sit there still, and then soon as my dog starts to go after them, they takeoff. He would never catch them even off a leash. I do feel bad for that dog, but it seems like he loves to be outside. He has a lot of freedom and he has people around him all day. Just because Fanny and PP don’t take care of him it seems as if Ann Marie is an animal lover and Marie does seem to love him and he has a BFF and Ruby and all of us have been worried about Ruby now we get to see Ruby so often. OK, I’m done.

PS I have had the worst worst hair color that I’ve ever had in my whole entire life and now I just want to stay in my house and cry. The hairdresser said she’ll fix it on Monday but until then I’m wearing a hat to the grocery
My condolences on your current hair debacle. Take comfort in knowing that at least you do not have a “hair system” comprised of clips, combs, shellac and applesauce.

• Haha
Reactions: 34

https://www.accademiaitalianadellacucina.it/en/notizie/notizia/italian-academy-cuisine-registers-updated-recipe-true-ragù-alla-bolognese

I actually knew there was more than one recipe and style of lasagna! Pretty good for an American don't, you think? 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
It's the smugness that makes my skin crawl!
100B!
I love Lancelot’s instagram but I can not follow the account right now because with only 200 followers it is very easy to scroll down the followers list and identify me, my insta shows pretty much all I talk about here…

I am not sure I can come out of anonymity just yet… if and when Lancy reaches 2k or 20k I can be a follower… I have two instagram accounts, one is my personal and the other my company but I couldn’t find a way to add an extra account to my instagram… I might need to register a different email with gmail.
---

This kind of articles are pure waste of space and doesn‘t help people get inspired to save anything.
There is so much waste of water out there, products that gorge on water in a daily basis, from industry to agricultural products that are extremely water thirsty in their production that shouldn’t be bought anymore to wrong uses of water resources. Also no knowledge of rain water collecting technics to help people store and treat water at home for garden or toilet use. Besides, talking about a gym obsessed persons, a smart savvy person can wash their gym clothes in the shower, before one needs to go out with dirty unsanitary germ infested gym clothes…

Just saying.
I was in two minds before I followed Lancie, but I figured that I'm more than happy for tattlers to find me and if any of the fuckers find me, bring it on. I'd love the opportunity/excuse to lay into them. The fact I'm so remote probably does give me a false sense of security but my stoic mindset gives zero fucks. 🙂

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.