Taylor Swift #45 Loves a Bad Boy (Not a Terrorist Though)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think it’s the same when she says ‘for just one glimpse of his smile’ in that when Joe was depressed (as it seems he was for a lot of the end of the relationship), the good times were super short lived and yeah she didn’t get much ‘daylight’. I don’t relate the smile or sunshine to being Matty but that’s my interpretation.
I took this line to mean that he wasn’t paying her much attention, and she was always waiting on a glimpse from him to show he still loved/wanted her etc. (there’s a lot to unpack from this angle also😅)

TBH I don’t feel that bad for Joe, if he was really that unhappy or not into her anymore then he could’ve left her? We don’t know the situation really but it takes two to tango, he is also responsible for his part in the relationship.

I do however feel sorry for him when it comes to the deranged “swifties” who are out to get him for no apparent reason, that tit is bonkers.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
A bit off topic but leading on from what @ishant said yesterday about But Daddy I love Him closing the Eras tour, I really do think/hope that Taylor might do this.

Looking back at Taylor's past set closers, they're all a very punchy tracks that have a pretty clear symbolic meaning in one way or another (Picture to Burn, Should've Said No, Long Live, WANEGBT, TIWWCHNT, and then Karma currently for the Eras Tour). Karma definitely fits the brief; like TIWWCHNT, it's very much Taylor sticking her middle finger up at anyone who has wronged her through saying that, at the end of the day, she's the one who can come out - quite literally - singing and dancing from the experience.

I feel like But Daddy I Love Him has a deeper meaning than just her self-awareness toward who Matty is (that said, I'm not doubting that this isn't what the lyrics mean in a outward context). I very much see this song as being a clap back to the media and the way that they portray Taylor in general, not exclusively in the context of her relationships. Even the whole "I'm having his baby" joke, to me, reads into the tabloid headlines dating back to 2015/2016 that Taylor was pregnant simply because she gained some weight or wore a certain outfit or wrote an allusive lyric in one of her songs. Her reaction, and wish to "see your faces", refers to the gullibility of the tabloids for soaking up any 'gossip' or 'drama' like a sponge and posting about it, much in the same way that her fans do afterwards. Taking this perspective means that the song isn't _as_ scathing toward her fans, which might make it more appropriate to include at the concert which said fans have paid a substantial amount of money to attend.

To be fair, the rest of the lyrics don't completely match this theory, but I feel like the "most judgemental creeps" are the media just as much as the parasocial fans; they're the ones who will spurt out anything and everything about Taylor because they know that it will give them public engagement; they slut-shame her endlessly; they give her either the most positive or scathing opinions about her music and public appearances (the Sun posted last Saturday - after TTDP release - that Taylor is "no Madonna" and is not an "iconic popstar", only to then give TTPD a 5* review 3 days later). Yes, her fans are pretty similar - and in terms of her Matty relationship they are probably more judgemental than some of the media articles - but it's her media portrayal that really impacts the way that society perceives her at the end of the day. Similarly, "and no you can't come to the wedding" could also read as as a tounge-in-cheek reaction to the marriage rumours from the tabloids between her and Joe in 2020, and later the engagement rumours that they're already pouring out between her and Travis.

Much like her other set closers, BDILH can definitely be taken out of the context of her Matty relationship and is pretty applicable to any public figure's personal life. Taylor's saying very bluntly that's she's happy in her relationship (I also think that this song is Travis coded; the public told her that she was rushing into her relationship but she won't listen to their "white noise" and won't break up, nor due to the backlash from his childish tantrums) and that nobody's opinion is going to change that. I feel like that's a pretty strong message to end her tour with - maybe the best way to get through to the fans and media who believe that they're entitled to a say in her personal life.

Sorry that was a lot longer than I anticipated when I started writing this 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Ok so this little bit of the manuscript every single time just makes me really cry 🥺

‘in the age of him she wished she was 30, and drank coffee every morning in a French presse. Afterwards she only ate kids cereal, and couldn’t sleep unless it was in her mother’s bed.’

Absolutely crushes me.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
Ok so this little bit of the manuscript every single time just makes me really cry 🥺

‘in the age of him she wished she was 30, and drank coffee every morning in a French presse. Afterwards she only ate kids cereal, and couldn’t sleep unless it was in her mother’s bed.’

Absolutely crushes me.
the coffee press detail is exactly what happened to me I can’t breathe when it comes up

what a perfect song

• Heart
My two cents on the Taylor/Joe mental heath situation

I don’t really like that she seems so negative about Joe’s mental health, but then on TTPD (song) she’s happy to put up with Matty’s flaws. Lyrics like “you’re in self sabotage mode.. but I’ve seen this before and still loved the show. & Pounding nails in your head..I chose this cyclone with you” etc

And yes, maybe she really did try with Joe and it is so hard living with a partner with depression. But seems like she’s willing to put up with Matty’s demons but not Joe’s. Which is 100% her right, but it feels a bit weird to have that all play out in one album.

Also, I wish she hadn’t used the phrase “kill yourself” in TTPD. She could have made that point without actually saying those words, maybe end it all or something similar.

Anyway clearly I had that bottled up as that was a longer rant than I planned! 🫣

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I took this line to mean that he wasn’t paying her much attention, and she was always waiting on a glimpse from him to show he still loved/wanted her etc. (there’s a lot to unpack from this angle also😅)
Yeah that’s how I take it. Certainly one way to look at Fresh Out The Slammer is where she’s singing about ‘he/his’, that’s Joe, and where she’s singing about ‘you’, that’s Matty

Reactions: 4
I truly hope she's happy. she deserves it. I'm feeling so sad for her maybe because I've just cried at this album for the 1st time to Peter which is her last obvious ode to Matty song, she really did go through all seven stages of grief with this album all this whilst doing one of the biggest tours in the world and having met Travis around August.

I hope Travis is a good guy but I major side eye any guy who steps into this mess thinking it's a good idea right now.

Ok yeah you guys were right about the sizing being really bad… this girl also got an XL/2XL like I did and it’s not even that oversized on her either and she is normally a small 😕 ( I do think it’s weird as 14 I need to get an XL but then also my body dysmorphia accepts it and is like OF COURSE YOU DO 🫠)

they do need to work on that because I imagine if you are someone who buys XL normally in other stores, you’re going to be disappointed but it will probably be a bit small fitting. It gives the illusion they are catering to plus sizes when they are actually not rlly.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Travis normally chunks it on to a bit more dad bod a couple of months after the season and his face goes rounder, then when he’s getting back to preseason fitness levels again he loses the weight in his face etc and starts looking like the younger Trav and a bit hotter (I have dealt with looking at this man a lot longer than she has 😆😆) Was nice to see them attending Patrick’s charity dinner, both looked great, but i’m not yet ready for another season of her and Britt Mahomes being besties! 😭

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
She looks great. She doesn't look like probably-the-richest-person-in-the-room-at-a-charity-gala though. She looked like anyone of us walking into an event and hoping we don't trip/trying to find our table.

That's one good thing about her being a billionaire, surely?
---
Maybe she's just thinking "oh tit, everyone here knows about me touching myself thinking about MH".

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.