Taylor Swift #45 Loves a Bad Boy (Not a Terrorist Though)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was watching Feud about Bette Davis and Joan Crawford. The huge part of it was how they couldn’t accept they weren’t young anymore and holding on to when they had the world at their feet.

Do we see Taylor going the same way? How she treated Olivia Rodrigo to me says she will. She’s definitely bitter and will grab on to anything to be relevant I think. I can’t see her going gracefully. I hope I’m wrong though.

edit: the absolute gall of her to sue Olivia for a song that sounds nothing like hers to then release imgoingtogetyouback actually shocks me.
Disclaimer that I personally do think Olivia's song was inspired by Taylor's a little too close for comfort. But obviously what Taylor did with imgoingtogetyouback was even closer and it's hypocritical not to see it.

But yeah, on your overall question/comment I worry that Taylor might grow bitter as she gets older and could be mean to up and coming artists. And partly it'd be the fault of the media and show biz environments. They're always pitting women against each other. And like Taylor writes in Clara Bow , they're always saying to the new kid "Oh you're the new version of X big artist, but prettier/sexier/edgier/cooler". That's going to be hard for anyone.

But Taylor in particular seems ill equipped to sustain an actually permanent fall from the top of the pyramid. The Rep era wasn't the huge fail she likes to paint it as. Maybe it wasn't the acclaim and universal fanatism she has now, but it wasn't quite a cancellation or anything. And she came back stronger so she has this chip on her shoulder of, I'll only come back harder if they ever push me again. But what happens when she eventually doesn't? She can't remain this big forever. It's unsustainable.

And also, with how obsessed she is with marriage and babies, if she goes and does that and still tries to hold on to her present levels of fame it's going to be a tit show of epic proportions which will make her even more bitter.

So yeah. I can totally see her as an 80 year old still feuding with Kim.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I love this tit! Thanks for sharing, I in no way think it's true..... but at the same time....

IF Taylor truly put out this album as a way to impress Matty and attempt to be as pretentious as he is and he truly does not care either way about her.... well if I were her I would buy legitimately dying of embarrassment right now with how this album has been received 😱😱
me too!

the bit about her being a little like Britney worried me I'm not going to lie.

duck everything Taylor give us some black hair and proper delulu! be free!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Why do I find the idea of Jack producing the next 1975 album so funny? Like he’s going to be in the middle of this song battle just like 😬
He's just an agent of chaos. Imagine all the things he knows from both sides. Actually Jack is probably the only person alive who knows the full truth, from both sides.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Timely you mention that I was watching the concert with my daughter today and clocked a song from Reputation that had never occurred to me but reading the lyrics DAMN... it was Ready for it. I thought maybe I was reading too much into it but the lowercase letters.

Anyway the lyrics that stood out:

Knew he was a killer first time that I saw him
Wonder how many girls he had loved and left haunted
But if he's a ghost, then I can be a phantom

(In matty songs she often talks about being haunted so similar theme)

Some, some boys are tryin' too hard
He don't try at all, though
(This doesn't sound like Joe, he doesn't have the arrogance and the confidence to pull it off)

Knew I was a robber first time that he saw me
Stealing hearts and running off and never saying sorry
(1975 has a song Robbers. She ran off in 2014 due to the drugs. And Joe never ran off without saying sorry certainly not at that point.)

But surely we are reading to much into it, surely she hasn't really been writing about him all this time?!

It would mean bar Lover (anyone noticed any of those songs for Matty lyrics?) he's been on every album of hers since they met in 2014.
Genuinely if she's been that desperately in love with him for so long my heart breaks for her.
False god
DBATC
It’s nice to have a friend
Miss Americana

Maybe?

Reactions: 1
Ok, in no particular order

TTPD:
But daddy I love him
Fortnight
Down bad
TTPD
ICDIWABH

Anthology:
The black dog
Chloe or Sam or Sophia or Marcus
Thank you aimee
The albatross
The manuscript

I struggled with Anthology to be honest. TTPD is so much more appealing to me and less skips.

Reactions: 6
I think someone mentioned it on the last thread but what does the new Taylor nation insta post mean? 🤓

Reactions: 1
me too!

the bit about her being a little like Britney worried me I'm not going to lie.

duck everything Taylor give us some black hair and proper delulu! be free!
Omg I would love it!!! Her look from Wildest Dreams shows she can do it.
I would also love if she did distance herself from her parents just a smidgen. They are too involved in her career, she not a young girl who needs protecting she's a grown woman who works her ass off and deserves more independence.
Screen_Shot_2015-08-30_at_9.06.15_PM.0.0.png

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Omg I would love it!!! Her look from Wildest Dreams shows she can do it.
I would also love if she did distance herself from her parents just a smidgen. They are too involved in her career, she not a young girl who needs protecting she's a grown woman who works her ass off and deserves more independence.
View attachment 2895340
I think Andrea is the only person in her life she fully trusts, I don’t see her distancing herself from her at all especially after her health scare.

Scott maybe tho.

Reactions: 14
Disclaimer that I personally do think Olivia's song was inspired by Taylor's a little too close for comfort. But obviously what Taylor did with imgoingtogetyouback was even closer and it's hypocritical not to see it.

But yeah, on your overall question/comment I worry that Taylor might grow bitter as she gets older and could be mean to up and coming artists. And partly it'd be the fault of the media and show biz environments. They're always pitting women against each other. And like Taylor writes in Clara Bow , they're always saying to the new kid "Oh you're the new version of X big artist, but prettier/sexier/edgier/cooler". That's going to be hard for anyone.

But Taylor in particular seems ill equipped to sustain an actually permanent fall from the top of the pyramid. The Rep era wasn't the huge fail she likes to paint it as. Maybe it wasn't the acclaim and universal fanatism she has now, but it wasn't quite a cancellation or anything. And she came back stronger so she has this chip on her shoulder of, I'll only come back harder if they ever push me again. But what happens when she eventually doesn't? She can't remain this big forever. It's unsustainable.

And also, with how obsessed she is with marriage and babies, if she goes and does that and still tries to hold on to her present levels of fame it's going to be a tit show of epic proportions which will make her even more bitter.

So yeah. I can totally see her as an 80 year old still feuding with Kim.
I just thought, if she ever has kids, I hope she keeps them private. No matter what she would do as a parent, she would be ripped to SHREDS and being a first time mum is hard enough as it is!!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I am going to take the opportunity to cheat and split the album in half to do top 5s, otherwise I'll never be able to narrow it down 😅

TTPD (in no particular order because it changes CONSTANTLY)
  1. So long, London
  2. Down Bad
  3. loml
  4. Clara Bow
  5. My Boy Only Breaks His Favourite Toys
The Anthology:
  1. The Albatross
  2. The Manuscript
  3. I Look in People's Windows
  4. Cassandra
  5. The Bolter
Honestly though, I have so few skips on this mad, unhinged mess of an album that it's slightly concerning. I was going to do my own ranking earlier (things I think about when driving to work) that was more like:

YAASSS! (The ones I go straight to when I don't have time for the whole thing)
  • TTPD
  • MBOBHFT
  • Down Bad
  • So Long, London
  • loml
  • ICDIWABH
  • The Smallest Man Who Ever Lived
  • Clara Bow
  • The Black Dog
  • The Albatross
  • I Look in People's Windows
  • The Prophecy
  • Cassandra
  • The Bolter
  • Robin
  • The Manuscript
Yes (because they can't all be my favourites)
  • Fortnight
  • But Daddy I Love Him
  • Fresh Out The Slammer
  • Florida!!!
  • WAOLOM
  • I Can Fix Him...
  • The Alchemy
  • imgonnagetyouback
  • How Did It End?
Eh, ok (too slow to start, there's so much fresh dopamine to mine from the rest yet!)
  • Chloe or Sam or Sophia or Marcus
  • Peter
Nah (not because I think they're bad, I just can't see past how much the lyrics annoy me)
  • So High School
  • thanK you aIMee
NO
  • Guilty as Sin (not because it isn't a good song, but because I could quite happily have gone to my grave without the image of Blondie creaming her sheets over Matty Healy :sick:)

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I don’t think I can combine both, so separately:

TTPD (this changes daily as I love the album, but currently):
TSMWEL
Fortnight
BDILH
TTPD
ICDIWABH

Anthology:
The Black Dog
The Prophecy
ILIPW
How did it end
The Bolter

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I just thought, if she ever has kids, I hope she keeps them private. No matter what she would do as a parent, she would be ripped to SHREDS and being a first time mum is hard enough as it is!!
Unfortunately if she doesn't fix her obsession with fame and her audience, no matter what she did, it'd be terrible for children.

I'm not saying she'd be a bad mom or anything but I do think her unhealthy obsession with being relevant would be hard on any kids she had.

Reactions: 8
Does anyone have a link to a good dupe of the beige holidays 2020 cardigan? I’ve found decent dupes of the ones I’m missing bar that one

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.