Secret Celebrity Gossip #161

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If I had the money I'd only go VIP own loos, in the interim happier watching at home, on TV and not surrounded by stinky crusty loos and like humans.

(Same with camping "holidays" - why sleep in a tent in a bag and share shower blocks if you can sleep in a hotel ensuite)
The only way I will do Glastonbury these days, is in my own sitting room watching TV, on the sofa, with a cold glass of wine and access to a flushing toilet, hot water and soap. I am over drinking warm beer, queuing for a stinking portaloo, seeing the top of some singing star's head, being jostled by sweaty people with enlarged pupils and face paint, paying well over the odds for a vegan burger and seeing my tent submerged in a muddy swamp. Yes, folks, I am entering into middle-age with sheer joy :D

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 94
Remember when Covid was in full swing and everyone headed to Bournemouth but all the public toilets were closed? People were disgusting. :sick:
We went to Ayr beach (when we were allowed too 😉😉😉)

Everyone was using the disabled toilet - queue a mile long!!!

We used to watch a guy on youtube who did videos of blackpool. Started off deserted streets, then packed beaches.

Reactions: 6
Wonder if he’ll ask her about Tom Hardy…😐

I don’t think she just experimented. She’s had some sort of gastric band or bypass (same as Adele).

I have to be honest and say this podcast has put me right off Steven, who I previously rated quite highly

Reactions: 12
I don’t think she just experimented. She’s had some sort of gastric band or bypass (same as Adele).

I have to be honest and say this podcast has put me right off Steven, who I previously rated quite highly
Yes, she hasn't lost weight by will power alone. I'm sick of these celebrities trotting out the same excuse for massive weight loss time after time. Healthy eating and exercise my big fat arse!

• Haha
Reactions: 36
I can't name any one reason to dislike him, but there's just that 'something' about him that sets off some kind of 6th sense in me. I have absolutely no idea why though.
Thought it was just me. There's something very 'please like me' mixed in with a sort of pomposity with Steven Bartlett and I do sympathise with his harsh upbringing, having had a tough time of it myself. I just can't warm to him and can't put my finger on why.

Celebrity women who lose masses of weight always get harshly judged (and I know people on here are questioning whether Rebel is lying). Who knows, but Fern Britton got the same hatred or side-eyeing, and Adele does too, to a degree. There's probably an element of denial there from these women (if they are indeed telling half-truths) but the fact is, they've DONE IT. Will they maintain it? Rebel also says she's putting weight on again and struggling to keep her weight down, which is fair enough and something most can relate to.

Surprised she didn't talk about her sexuality - though, nowadays it shouldn't be given attention anyway as if it's a huge revelation. In a way I'm glad it just IS and doesn't need to be scrutinised.

Rebel also says she's great friends with Matt Lucas. And that she was incredibly shy and forced herself to get into acting and public speaking - and is now a workaholic. The discussion about 'being invisible' for large portions of your life and then losing weight and being treated 'like a hot person' was interesting too. Though there's a lot of shallow people in the world (in Hollywood? shocker!)

With Sacha Baron Cohen, it's still a bit murky what her complaint is about him versus his version of events, but it could be as simple as two monstrous people clashing and both telling the story which paints them in the best light? The truth will out, I suppose.

Last edited:
Reactions: 17
Fern Britton got the side eye because she lied about having a gastric band. She was spokesperson for Ryvita and claimed to have lost weight through diet and exercise alone.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
Fern Britton got the side eye because she lied about having a gastric band. She was spokesperson for Ryvita and claimed to have lost weight through diet and exercise alone.
Fern also said in CBB that she put a load of weight on in lockdown. Must admit I didn't really follow the furore as maybe it's too close to home for me. I was a size 6/8 up until my late 30s then the wheels fell off 😄

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Listening to Shannon Doherty podcast about how she was ousted from 90210 really sad she was absolutely forced out unfairly. The final straw was when She was late for work. she was in an abusive relationship at the time and one day was running late due to the additional time in make up trying to cover up strangle marks on her neck. Rest of cast were unaware of what was happening thought she was out partying and all complained about her. Sounds like she went through a lot but she’s very forgiving towards them.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
Listening to Shannon Doherty podcast about how she was ousted from 90210 really sad she was absolutely forced out unfairly. The final straw was when She was late for work. she was in an abusive relationship at the time and one day was running late due to the additional time in make up trying to cover up strangle marks on her neck. Rest of cast were unaware of what was happening thought she was out partying and all complained about her. Sounds like she went through a lot but she’s very forgiving towards them.
That's bloody awful, poor woman. I'm guessing if the rest of the cast were unaware though, they assumed the worst.

Reactions: 19
Without derailing the thread, society has a huge issue with overweight women. I know, I’m one of them.

The problem I have with Rebel Wilson and Adele, even Fern Britton to some degree is the lack of transparency. You shouldn’t feel ashamed to say ‘I had surgery to lose weight’ but people do and then claim they’ve lost the weight through diet and exercise. Again, I speak from experience that I have lost several stone at a time then regained it. Very few don’t put the weight back on.

The beauty about Wegovy for example is it stops the food noise so many of us have (but again the weight returns when you stop taking it)

if the likes of Adele and Rebel came out and owned their surgery, it would normalise it for the rest of us.

At this stage, no one knows what the truth is with SBC and RW but SB jumping on it like he’s breaking the story makes me 🤔

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Shannon Doherty was supposed to be an absolute nightmare on set on 90210, I’m sure she got the sack from Charmed for the same reason?

Reactions: 11
Shannon Doherty was supposed to be an absolute nightmare on set on 90210, I’m sure she got the sack from Charmed for the same reason?
I seem to remember she was often in the press for behavioural issues - didn't she have a substance addiction at one point?

Reactions: 12
Im sure shannon had some tough times and still does with her cancer battle but she has also been very problematic in her life too.

Reactions: 9
And she doesn’t like the layers, but doesn’t know how to tell him.
She’ll complain later tho.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.