Real Life Crime and Murder #20

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm so confused over this, the flagrant waving to the cameras. The DM has shown she's displaying a baby bonnet in her outfit each day. She seems unhinged?? I'm genuinely curious to why was she bailed?!

There's a recent fiction book called 'Tampa' that covers a female teacher who has affairs with her male students. By the end she has to confront that she's mentally unwell. So my question is, why wasn't this woman cautioned more or put on remand the first time?!!!

I'm reminded by a case from about 2011/2 when a teacher named Jeremy frost eloped with a female student of his. He ended up being arrested immediately and going to prison for 2 years. I know abduction is far more serious, however this woman was allowed to be bailed and just continue to carry out paedophilia - call it what it is. Now she's in court like a spectacle.

If this was a bloke sleeping with two young female students and getting one pregnant, I'm sure he would be on remand turning upto court in a prison van. 😒😒😒😒😒
Oh yeah I remember the Jeremy Frost case, didn't realise it was that long ago.

Reactions: 1
Genuine question - do you think crime/murders are becoming more & more depraved or thanks to social media we are just more aware of it? L

Reactions: 6
Genuine question - do you think crime/murders are becoming more & more depraved or thanks to social media we are just more aware of it? L
I think part of it is that we are just more aware of it. Imagine even 20 years ago, would we in the UK have heard about a gang rape in Belgium? Similarly now so often things are filmed - think of the “gang of teens beat up other teen” which has been happening for decades but now it’s likely the video will end up all over social media.

Reactions: 16
It would be ironic if that lack of clarity were to lead to corporate manslaughter charges against the council.

Meaning one woman is dead, the car driver has lost her marriage, and the person responsible carries on oblivious.
Let me guess - you're a cyclist!!!

I couldnt believe this lady was jailed. Not when there's many, many criminals wandering the streets.

For me this was a total freak accident - a lady with her own issues - shouting at a lady who didnt seem in control of her bicycle - who then falls under the wheel of the someone's car.

If any of these 3 people had been 2 seconds earlier or later - possibly none of this would have happened.

Plus, personally I think the car driver was 'lucky' Auriel Grey was there because she might have ended up being the one in dock seeing as car drivers seem to be blame for everything.

Was only last week a cyclist knocked down a pedestrian who later died. But guess what - no charges there.

And Auriel Gray has been locked up in prison so I hardly think she has emerged unscathed. And if she is oblivious, that adds more weight to the argument that she shouldn't have been charged in the first place.

This is a very sad incident for everyone concerned.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Let me guess - you're a cyclist!!!

I couldnt believe this lady was jailed. Not when there's many, many criminals wandering the streets.

For me this was a total freak accident - a lady with her own issues - shouting at a lady who didnt seem in control of her bicycle - who then falls under the wheel of the someone's car.

If any of these 3 people had been 2 seconds earlier or later - possibly none of this would have happened.

Plus, personally I think the car driver was 'lucky' Auriel Grey was there because she might have ended up being the one in dock seeing as car drivers seem to be blame for everything.

Was only last week a cyclist knocked down a pedestrian who later died. But guess what - no charges there.

And Auriel Gray has been locked up in prison so I hardly think she has emerged unscathed. And if she is oblivious, that adds more weight to the argument that she shouldn't have been charged in the first place.

This is a very sad incident for everyone concerned.
Guess again.

Reactions: 3
We are at Butlins at the moment and a couple came up to my partner in the queue at Burger King to ask him if he’s got any gear on him!
What annoyed me more at the time was the fact my partner is black and was wearing a track suit as we’d been go karting and needed something to cover arms and legs up and I thought how convenient asking the only black man here! Didn’t see him ask no one else.
Then I thought hold on, who does drugs on a kids holiday? The mum and dad was wired up to the moon 😞.
Wow. I would have been so tempted to call out their racism, but if they were off their faces you don’t know what sort of aggression they will have. I’ve noticed when we’ve been (at Haven more so than) at Butlin’s some people just spend the entire time pissed up or worse and you think what sort of a holiday is that for their poor kids?
The Auriol Grey case was just so sad. I saw the video and she did seem OTT aggressive and entitled but when I’ve read about her as a person and her particular problems it’s not surprising she acted that way. She’s been in assisted living for years, is physically disabled, visually impaired and also been ridiculed by local youths so would be on high alert. Also having a learning disability and autism she may not react how you would expect at the time or afterwards. Maybe controversial, and I don’t like victim blaming but it seems that the poor lady who died wasn’t physically fit enough to properly control her bike when she had to make the sudden stop. This hasn’t really been talked about but I think it played a big part in the outcome. By all means, people should be encouraged to be active in their later years but it should be something they can carry out safely. If she wasn’t able to steady herself or safely dismount when faced with an obstacle then this was always a risk. She lost her life, Grey lost her freedom and the poor driver has been left devastated. Cycling is just such a controversial topic, it’s foisted on everyone whether they participate or not but the infrastructure is either not completed, confusing, or not used appropriately.
The Belgian rape case is just appalling. I noted with interest the article said along the lines of “the children were from immigrant backgrounds” Then I get into the whole stirring up hatred for immigrants versus the toxic attitudes towards women and girls in some cultures. I don’t know what to think or say about it because we don’t know enough about the circumstances. I always thought I wasn’t racist but I do worry about things like this. Is it because they are true or am I being influenced by reading certain newspapers (as I have accused my own mother of in the recent past)? Would be interesting to know what others think as I sometimes have difficulty interpreting what the real issues are with such matters.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Wow. I would have been so tempted to call out their racism, but if they were off their faces you don’t know what sort of aggression they will have. I’ve noticed when we’ve been (at Haven more so than) at Butlin’s some people just spend the entire time pissed up or worse and you think what sort of a holiday is that for their poor kids?
The Auriol Grey case was just so sad. I saw the video and she did seem OTT aggressive and entitled but when I’ve read about her as a person and her particular problems it’s not surprising she acted that way. She’s been in assisted living for years, is physically disabled, visually impaired and also been ridiculed by local youths so would be on high alert. Also having a learning disability and autism she may not react how you would expect at the time or afterwards. Maybe controversial, and I don’t like victim blaming but it seems that the poor lady who died wasn’t physically fit enough to properly control her bike when she had to make the sudden stop. This hasn’t really been talked about but I think it played a big part in the outcome. By all means, people should be encouraged to be active in their later years but it should be something they can carry out safely. If she wasn’t able to steady herself or safely dismount when faced with an obstacle then this was always a risk. She lost her life, Grey lost her freedom and the poor driver has been left devastated. Cycling is just such a controversial topic, it’s foisted on everyone whether they participate or not but the infrastructure is either not completed, confusing, or not used appropriately.
The Belgian rape case is just appalling. I noted with interest the article said along the lines of “the children were from immigrant backgrounds” Then I get into the whole stirring up hatred for immigrants versus the toxic attitudes towards women and girls in some cultures. I don’t know what to think or say about it because we don’t know enough about the circumstances. I always thought I wasn’t racist but I do worry about things like this. Is it because they are true or am I being influenced by reading certain newspapers (as I have accused my own mother of in the recent past)? Would be interesting to know what others think as I sometimes have difficulty interpreting what the real issues are with such matters.
Yeah I totally agree about the sudden stop.

Grey didn’t push her and there wasn’t physical contact - not even the prosecution are trying to claim there was. So it was that the woman needed to make a sudden stop as someone was in her way - which means the judges sum up that it’s a shared space surely means that you’d have to expect to potentially make a sudden stop.

If Grey had tripped and fallen in front of her, she’d likely also have wobbled out in front of the car. Would that have been manslaughter? If a kid had run out in front, would they have charged the child? What about if it was a dog? Charged the owner? Because if she couldn’t stop safely due to a woman shouting and gesticulating, she presumably couldn’t stop safely for them either.

It’s obviously tragic that the poor woman died, and I feel most of all for the car driver who couldn’t have done anything at all, but sometimes things just line up tragically for an accident and criminalising people for it does no good.

The fact that to justify the conviction people need to claim the cyclist was pushed or there was physical contact says it all tbh, if it was correct then the mere facts of what happened would be enough to justify it,

Reactions: 14
Day 2...
Has she taken the price tag off her shoe?

Clearly a Marks & Spencer's kind of shoe girl!

She is being so brazen having that baby bonnet tucked into her clothes. And as for her parents supporting her...... if she was my daughter I would be disowning her!

• Sad
I agree, just as there inevitably comes an age when people are no longer safe to drive, the same must also be true of cycling. I do wonder whether presented with any kind of unexpected hazard (a dog, small child on a scooter, even someone else on a bicycle) she would have been able to stop safely. I suspect probably not, unfortunately.

Reactions: 8
Is anyone else following the case of the woman stabbed to death in her flat? Seems like it was someone looking to rent her flat from her for £30k a month. I wonder whether they got into a row about payment or something?
I didn't realise but apparently the police are currently trying to extradite someone, presumably the prospective tenant.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
Is anyone else following the case of the woman stabbed to death in her flat? Seems like it was someone looking to rent her flat from her for £30k a month. I wonder whether they got into a row about payment or something?
I didn't realise but apparently the police are currently trying to extradite someone, presumably the prospective tenant.

This case has been interesting because it's been pretty quiet on the police front: not many details, etc. Most of the details have come from her mum, boyfriend and friends giving interviews or talking to journalists.

Reactions: 5

Its such a weird case all round… did her boyfriend normally communicate via air bnb??

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Well that doesn't look good...

"The boy's friend, the court heard, had initially covered for him by going along with the story that he was staying with him.

But he later became concerned and asked his mother to drive them to collect the boy from Joynes' flat....

... The friend's mother then called the boy's 'hysterical' mother to tell her what had happened and she had contacted the school
. "

" Police launched an investigation in October 2021 and Joynes was subsequently charged over Boy A and suspended by her school.

She appeared at court and was bailed on condition she did not contact any child under 18, but the prosecution claim it then emerged she'd been in a long-term sexual relationship with a second pupil, Boy B.

It's alleged she 'brazenly' pursued the relationship while on bail awaiting trial in relation to Boy A and had sex with Boy B at around 30 times and she became pregnant and had his child
."

hmmmmm....

Reactions: 2
Regarding the Auriol Grey case, I don't think that she should have been found guilty of manslaughter for the reasons others have stated. Another interesting point is that she was found guilty at her second trial because the first jury couldn't decide one way or the other. I think that that reinforces how the same facts can be viewed in different ways depending on how they are presented or who is deciding on that particular day.

The different opinions on this thread show this as well and we didn't hear all the evidence in context.