Mumsnet #38 imagine spending £100 on a notebook and writing 'bleach arsehole' in it

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've only recently discovered Mumsnet. It's bizarre that they think Tattle is a little cesspool of spite - several of the posters there are genuinely unhinged. Really vile pieces of work. It's stupidly upsetting!

Reactions: 19
Some of it's bollocks - and there is no way she's only been lurking to have that much knowledge of particular threads and themes, especially ones that are current on the site (I reckon she's started a couple of them in particular) - but the daftest thing? Further down when she's moaning about bubble mixture. One post on the site and she'd have been told what she needs to do is add a little bit of glycerine to the mixture to get big, stretchy bubbles. And that she's destroying the environment unless she makes it herself with eco friendly washing up liquid, water and glycerine...
Surely people don’t let children have bubbles?! What if they pop them and love extinguishing the life out of something so much they grow up to be murderers?!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
I believe you are onto something there, @orangehead!

I wonder if any of the millionaires on MN would sponsor some research into the topic? :unsure:
---
And in other news, I've received a ban from MN!! 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Being me, mostly!

I don't tolerate shite, unfairness, or bullying IRL. I refused to do so on that site. I'm banned whilst the bully continues merrily on her way as she has done previously with other posters. Not entirely sure if they were banned also, as only a few usernames stick with me on there, given their ability to shapeshift at the tap of a keyboard.

Anyhoo, I've responded to MN in those terms, and will never darken their doorstep again (sooooo much saved time!) unless it's by proxy via this site of course! 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Being me, mostly!

I don't tolerate shite, unfairness, or bullying IRL. I refused to do so on that site. I'm banned whilst the bully continues merrily on her way as she has done previously with other posters. Not entirely sure if they were banned also, as only a few usernames stick with me on there, given their ability to shapeshift at the tap of a keyboard.

Anyhoo, I've responded to MN in those terms, and will never darken their doorstep again (sooooo much saved time!) unless it's by proxy via this site of course! 😁
It would be nice if we could rely on the moderators to deal with that but they really are twats...I know it's somewhat subjective and people will always argue about it, but I can't get over all the racists and antisemites they're happy to host there. Absolutely blatant stuff.

Who was the bully you were confronting?

Reactions: 7
Being me, mostly!

I’m sure they only ban posters if they don’t post much/get much interaction. When posters are rude but they post hundreds of times a day and lots of people respond to their posts nothing happens but then if someone doesn’t post much and says something ‘against the rules’ or that’s rude to an ‘established’ poster they’re banned.

They don’t care if the forums are ageist/homophobic/sexist/bullying/absolute lunacy as long as they’re busy because that’s what they tell their advertisers. They don’t say oh yeah some nutcase posted that no one over 27 should have a child because their bodies are decrepit and their minds are riddled with dementia and they know a 35 year old first time mum with a dirty house who never takes the kids to the park to get a ride out of everyone and there was 800 posts in an hour, they just say we have X amount of visits and X amount of posts, so they don’t really care what drivel or made up nonsense people post.

Reactions: 14
I’m sure they only ban posters if they don’t post much/get much interaction. When posters are rude but they post hundreds of times a day and lots of people respond to their posts nothing happens but then if someone doesn’t post much and says something ‘against the rules’ or that’s rude to an ‘established’ poster they’re banned.

They don’t care if the forums are ageist/homophobic/sexist/bullying/absolute lunacy as long as they’re busy because that’s what they tell their advertisers. They don’t say oh yeah some nutcase posted that no one over 27 should have a child because their bodies are decrepit and their minds are riddled with dementia and they know a 35 year old first time mum with a dirty house who never takes the kids to the park to get a ride out of everyone and there was 800 posts in an hour, they just say we have X amount of visits and X amount of posts, so they don’t really care what drivel or made up nonsense people post.
I used to think that, but then they did ban Bluntness. And much as I disliked her, I don't remember seeing her breaking the guidelines... I don't think she called people names or made personal attacks. And they did give AnyFucker a temporary ban once.

Reactions: 1
I used to think that, but then they did ban Bluntness. And much as I disliked her, I don't remember seeing her breaking the guidelines... I don't think she called people names or made personal attacks. And they did give AnyFucker a temporary ban once.
Oh god I remember the AF temporary ban now you mention it! There were loads of threads about where she was and asking mn to let her come back and threatening to leave if she wasn’t 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
It would be nice if we could rely on the moderators to deal with that but they really are twats...I know it's somewhat subjective and people will always argue about it, but I can't get over all the racists and antisemites they're happy to host there. Absolutely blatant stuff.

Who was the bully you were confronting?
I'd rather not say because I never changed my username on there and my entire posting history (some of it quite outing) would be available to anyone keen enough to investigate.

I'm sure I've posted on here before about me expressing a view to which MN took exception. They wrote to me saying it was not in line with their ethos. Fast forward a couple of weeks and many, many other posters were expressing identical/similar viewpoints to mine and even more were supporting them. It now appears to be an accepted view on the topic.

It seems to me if one person reports your post and accuses you of something (real or imaginary) MN must look at the traffic you create as a poster. If you're a gobby, fantasist fishwife, posting prolifically then you can basically say what you like. Meanwhile, if you're an infrequent poster making a pertinent point the gobby, fantasist fishwife dislikes it's a ban for the infrequent poster.

Safe to say, I was not the only one standing up for what I believe to be right, but as I rarely post I guess it was easier to ban me than some of the more frequent posters.

There is so little transparency on the site it is quite worrying, really.

Anyhoo, I now consider myself MN-free and feel sooooo much better for it!

As you were, ladies!! :cool:

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I'd rather not say because I never changed my username on there and my entire posting history (some of it quite outing) would be available to anyone keen enough to investigate.

I'm sure I've posted on here before about me expressing a view to which MN took exception. They wrote to me saying it was not in line with their ethos. Fast forward a couple of weeks and many, many other posters were expressing identical/similar viewpoints to mine and even more were supporting them. It now appears to be an accepted view on the topic.

It seems to me if one person reports your post and accuses you of something (real or imaginary) MN must look at the traffic you create as a poster. If you're a gobby, fantasist fishwife, posting prolifically then you can basically say what you like. Meanwhile, if you're an infrequent poster making a pertinent point the gobby, fantasist fishwife dislikes it's a ban for the infrequent poster.

Safe to say, I was not the only one standing up for what I believe to be right, but as I rarely post I guess it was easier to ban me than some of the more frequent posters.

There is so little transparency on the site it is quite worrying, really.

Anyhoo, I now consider myself MN-free and feel sooooo much better for it!

As you were, ladies!! :cool:
we’ll keep you updated on the batshittery 😘

• Heart
Reactions: 5
It's OK to feel a bit tit about getting banned @Girl#7 ❤ I expect you know that but I'm just saying. It is a shock to get a bucket of cold water when you're the one being reasonable 😐

Reactions: 6
Someone asking for low calorie lunches which aren’t soup or salad and one responder is very confused by foods which aren’t salad -

I am confused by no salad. Its like saying evening meal but no dinners. Do you mean no lettuce, tomato, cucumber or do you mean no mix of vegetables, carbs and proteins at all?

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I don't see what's to stop anyone just reregistering under a new email if they want to; God knows they have enough PBPs coming back to make up troll threads! But if you think you're happier off out of it, then all to the good. I have very little respect for their moderation; the things they delete and the things they let stand! And they banned someone om here the other day for jokey, clearly satirical posts... I could see why they might have contacted her to say "oh knock it off, will ya" (although she was being bloody funny!) but they just went straight to a ban, which is really OTT. Meanwhile, racists and antisemites and MRAs remain welcome.

My worry is that I'm registered with them under a real email with my real name and with their history of data breaches....

When I go to the registration page it tells me they are not accepting new registrations at this point in time. It’s said that for a year or more.

• Wow
When I go to the registration page it tells me they are not accepting new registrations at this point in time. It’s said that for a year or more.
MUMSNET isn't accepting new registrations? 😮

But . . . but . . . I mean . . . MUMSNET? They take anybody.

You know they're doing this because they have been told that that's what happens on Tattle, don't you? <narrows eyes>

• Haha
Reactions: 15
It’s because they’ve banned you. If you go on private browsing it will let you register.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Today I’ve done something that would make mumsnetters lynch me. I’ve two kids and with the weather like this the pressure to make the bastard memories is real. But I really fancied a day where I acted like I was on holiday and that’s exactly what I did. I put the paddle pool up but I let the kids do what they wanted; tv, pads, switch….crack on. I sunbathed, ate crisps, drank beer and ordered in fast food. I read a whole book.

I’ve just come inside with that slightly stingy skin feeling, smelling like suncream with a nice beer buzz. Honest to god, it was AMAZING

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Today I’ve done something that would make mumsnetters lynch me. I’ve two kids and with the weather like this the pressure to make the bastard memories is real. But I really fancied a day where I acted like I was on holiday and that’s exactly what I did. I put the paddle pool up but I let the kids do what they wanted; tv, pads, switch….crack on. I sunbathed, ate crisps, drank beer and ordered in fast food. I read a whole book.

I’ve just come inside with that slightly stingy skin feeling, smelling like suncream with a nice beer buzz. Honest to god, it was AMAZING

Why did you have children if you didn’t want to be a proper parent? *head tilt* Aren’t you worried your neighbours will call social services? And a paddling pool? Gosh, well I guess some people don’t mind risking their children’s lives for so called fun *tinkly laugh*

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.