MOD & FOD #11 Sorry seems to be the hardest word

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What I don’t understand is why everyone is calling the racism card on Clemmie? She said she didn’t like that a person brought everything back to colour/race/class - that is not a racist statement. It simply is not. Especially not when the person in question absolutely does do that and that very issue has been consistently discussed on her thread. Fellow woc stating that CB actually harms progress in the way she brings absolutely everything back to race.
Seems like others are now afraid to engage the intelligent logical part of their brain and say that isn’t racist for fear of being called racists themselves.
She’s done wrong, I’ve no idea why a grown woman who was very successful would feel the need to do what she has done however it simply wasn’t racist. Stupid yes, racist no.
at the very least, what MOD/Alice said about CB is put much more strongly by most commenters on the CB thread as you say. If she’s racist, so are they.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
What I don’t understand is why everyone is calling the racism card on Clemmie? She said she didn’t like that a person brought everything back to colour/race/class - that is not a racist statement. It simply is not. Especially not when the person in question absolutely does do that and that very issue has been consistently discussed on her thread. Fellow woc stating that CB actually harms progress in the way she brings absolutely everything back to race.
Seems like others are now afraid to engage the intelligent logical part of their brain and say that isn’t racist for fear of being called racists themselves.
She’s done wrong, I’ve no idea why a grown woman who was very successful would feel the need to do what she has done however it simply wasn’t racist. Stupid yes, racist no.
Face palm. It is racist. You can’t belittle, invalidate or even question a POC’s feelings on race when you’re a privileged white woman.
Google white privilege. Check out @Standforhamity on insta - her stories explain it very well. I think CB also mentioned that she would be happy to answer any questions.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Face palm. It is racist. You can’t belittle, invalidate or even question a POC’s feelings on race when you’re a privileged white woman.
Google white privilege. Check out @Standforhamity on insta - her stories explain it very well. I think CB also mentioned that she would be happy to answer any questions.
You’re making assumptions that the poster is a privileged white woman 🙄

Aggression is a character trait. CB is aggressive. As are some privileged white women.

Reactions: 25
I agree with all your post, but their reaction, while completely OTT, makes sense as it was personal.

They have attended Clemmie’s book launches, given shout outs to her tacky jewellery, have been guests on her podcast, attended festivals and been on weekends away with her, given her free brand and PR advice - and they considered her a friend. It looks like they welcomed her sister into the clique, too.

Reading between the lines, they have been a shoulder for her to cry on about ‘online trolls’, and she has sympathised with them about the horrible Tattle ‘trolls’. What a betrayal!
They’re like those nasty girls we all suffered from in high school- a bit thick but had the ‘right’ clothes. It’s quite depressing that, 25 years on, they’re still playing the same games and expect the rest of us, who have grown up and actively challenge it, as ‘trolls’, ruining their game. Has anyone read ‘The Hive’? This is just what happens in that!

Reactions: 3
This is the show Clemmie was on. 😂 it's called fool around with my Girlfriend.. i noticed a few people mention it.

It was with another boyfriend, not Simon.....he says in the show, "I'm seeing a side to Clemmie I dont like...I knew she was a witch, but...."

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Check out his stories from today, he says he isn't deleting any comments 😂😂😂 why would you say that if you aren't?!
Because hes hoping the "trolls " will be so nasty it will help him justify his wife's actions. "Look at all these evil comments. This is the sort of thing that drove her to do it!"

Reactions: 10
For all the journalists joining as new members - I really hope that this all shines a light on the overall impact that this instamum brigade is having on the people that follow them and on the likely impact it will have on their own children a
Previous issues with mod and fod include the selling of their children’s childhood, the constant filming, the non declaration of ads (including but not limited to the promotion of a product before leading up to an ad - m and s anyone) and the sharing of each other’s content to avoid having to declare. Or fods being paid for an ad therefore mod doesn’t declare when she shares.
The images of children on potties, private messages from the children being shown, photos of children on the naughty chair.
The promotion of her own jewellery line whilst at work in scrubs.
The list goes on and it is these issues that brought people to tattle in the first place as any questions of them leads to being blocked

• Heart
Reactions: 44
What nonsense to suggest that those of colour can never be questioned on very questionable behaviour. One person stating another is aggressive, one person asking another why they think that, one person challenging another on actions is perfectly acceptable. No matter the colour of those asking or being asked.
If a person is challenging behaviour and stating that this is very ‘black’ or ‘white’ behaviour then yes this is racist. Simply challenging and questioning actions as human beings is not racist.

Reactions: 20
Bottom line is MOD is mostly about her and FOD is 100% about their family. Clemmie has blown out of the water the lovely, happy family image and it can't help but impact on him. Plus, she called him a ****. That's pretty hard to get past if you're an advertiser. The whole yesterdays chip wrappers works to a degree, but many people have long memories.

Also, this is her 2nd media storm. She's shown herself to be completely unreliable and a loose cannon. It would be a brave advertiser who wanted Clemmie in any future ads. This means Simon has to act as a sort of one parent family. They were popular as the package. I honestly can't see Simon being unaffected by this short and long term.

He also has to go to his real world job. Clemmie was called a troll in THE TELEGRAPH. That has to be mortifying for him at work.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Indeed. They are.
I don’t know anything about CB really. I believe whole heartedly in white privilege and my alarm bells always ring when a WOC is called aggressive or her account of racism is questioned by white women. That said do I believe it’s possible to cynically use a worthwhile cause or identity to deflect valid criticism? (Which seemed to be MOD’s point.) Yes, surely. And MOD does it too, constantly. They are probably very similar creatures. But CB is being called on the same tit as everyone else - lack of compliance with ASA, lack of transparency. And from my brief skim of that thread trying to work out wtf is going on 😂 she claps back with her race. Which can’t just be a universal silencer.

But my post I guess meant to point out that MOD’s opinion about CB is hardly far from the tattle mainstream and at the very least people calling MOD out for racism here need to get over to the CB thread and do the same there.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
Well worth a watch to see what a deceitful witch she is:
Episode 1
Episode 2
Episode 3
Episode 4
From 6.20 on episode 2... One of the girls says Clemmie is playing the game harder and faster than anyone else (she's most desperate for the money) Clemmie is discussing the girls telling her that think she's stabbing people in the back!! Oh dear!

Reactions: 7
The more it goes on the more I agree with you. She made a few crappy comments. From the screen shots that have been posted they are pretty tame compared to some. And all these people calling for her to lose her job and her kids should be ashamed. Mob mentality is awful.
It’s gone too far and those who are benefiting from it should be ashamed. Yes I’m talking about you CB

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.