Lydia Millen #5 Inside Lydia Millen's twitter rampages, Dior envy, and YouTube meltdowns!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m so confused, parts of this vlog were edited really well let’s call it ‘Ali style’ then the other edited bits the weird text overlays wtf were they?! It’s either Carrie being random or Ali trying to make her look worse! Lol

Is it just me or she is more annoying than normal in this?

Was Carrie supposed to have gone on this trip if they put two lots of makeup in the room? Surely if they knew it was Ali and he’s worked with Loreal before they would have put in some men’s bits!

Reactions: 10
Maybe that’s what the scrunchie was about. She’s trying to be a VSCO girl.
I had to google what a VSCO girl is. God am I getting ollld

She really has mastered ungratefulness to a high degree. Fawning over Vic (barf), making a point of stating that Ali can have all the candy in the room (yeah we get it Lydia - you don't eat), moaning about a faux balcony, throwing around the huge amount of free clothing that she received at the end, and then having to AGAIN mention she needs a smaller size. I had to drink a Redbull just to get through the video.

Her outfits looked ridiculous, as usual. The flares with the long blazer and untucked T-shirt looked SO AWFUL. WHY?!?! Just how can she think that looks remotely good?

Why is Ali continuing to shrink before our eyes? Why didn't she show "AD" when showing the newest straightener? How many flat irons does one woman need? Why is she so far up Vic's ass? Why is Vic allowing this? And why is her face looking weirder and weirder with each new video? As ever, the only thing that is interesting about Lydia Elise Millen is her tattle.life thread and its contributors.
I don't even watch the woman's "content", I just come here to get entertained!

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
I think she just says, « Oh look at me wearing high street to LFW! Haha I’m so quirky and relatable. » So we’ve gone from « I’m not here to be relatable. High street fashion just isn’t for me. » All the way back to « oops no fashion house will touch me without management so I better get those H&M and Nasty Gal gigs because that will at least improve my conversion. »

She definitely worked herself into a shoot by disparaging affordable fashion and she hasn’t managed to make it work for her because Vic already covers that. Lidl can’t compete and she’s running out of things to change in her house, so maybe we’re due for a pivot back to shilling cheap nasty sweatshop crap! How’s that for brand strategy.

I personally started watching her during her Club Monaco-Reiss-Karen Millen era and I liked her best then! It was an achievable and everyday-appropriate aspiration for me while I was studying my Masters. But now she’s either Dior blanket or polyester ballerina princess sleeves.

I really liked the Karen Millen items she was wearing. What happened to that?

Reactions: 6
I feel like Lydia is going overboard in her recent vlogs to be "fun" and "relatable". She comes off as desperate, trying not to show her pretentious, stuck up side, but it peeks through. She is also LITERALLY addressing almost every comment on this site. I am guess she sits in her "perfect home" full of "bespoke" items, angrily reading this site and making Carrie tell her how great she is.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Wow I'm glad it wasn't just me thinking she was complaining so much in the vlog. My goodness.

Unreal.

I think that the thing with the Inthefrow, I just started watching a few of her videos. She may be annoying, but she comes off as at least appreciative for every little thing she gets and she gets a whole BOAT LOAD of free stuff.

Correct me if I am wrong I very well could be I just started watching her.

Lydia... smh..with her drama and her attitude she wonders why she has so many haters. omg.
Agree. I watched Frow a year or so ago but stopped because I found her boring and Alex just nothingness. I just started watching her again, and she DOES appropriately use sponsor product on press trips, does talk about the sponsor nicely, and does seem genuinely grateful and delighted when she receives freebies which is constantly, (and it appears without obvious begging). She also, without any self-consciousness, reveals that they were given to her, at least on her videos from what I can see.

Why Lydia will never be in Fashion Week:

Example:
Tamara Kalinic's Instagram

Capture+_2019-10-08-09-52-04.png

The instagram accounts of elite lux influencers has been revolving around luxury, and they use their platform properly to engage with their audience, and to land more deals. They don't insert pictures of them wearing H&M , Zara etc because they know luxury brands don't want to be mixed with high street brands.

Meanwhile we have Lydia:
Capture+_2019-10-08-09-57-02.png

She's still flogging her Dior saddle bag and her gifted Bottega Venetta clutch over and over and over again. Luxury brands don't want that. They want influencers to create new content promoting their brands, which Lydia doesn't care about at all.

Instagram has been a way of influencers to create and curate a platform/portfolio of their own. Instagram is used by brands as well to be able to see which influencer will generate the PR they want.

It is painstakingly obvious that Lydia doesn't have the resources to be able to compete against these elite influencers. These influencers come from money, which Lydia isn't. We all know she did stripping in Ibiza, and used to wear stripper outfits. Brands don't want influencers with shady pasts. These influencers shell out their own money to be able to generate content, in which Lydia knows she can't do it. She relies on vouchers and gifts.

To be able to go to fashion week needs you have to be invited, and be able to shell out money for transportation, hotels, outfits, etc. Tamara in her NYFW vlog said that it is very expensive, and she even gives her own money away.

Why would brands invite a lady who has been the subject of gossip and disdain online? Why would they give a glance to an influencer whose life is a lie and is called out on gossip sites? Why would brands invite a freeloader in their shows? Maybe they know that once Lydia wore their clothes, she'll ask them to give it to her.

Stop begging Lydia and change your content. Revitalize your career, it's not yet late.

Reactions: 18
The I don’t do fashion week video/////

I’m in shock watching her latest video.

She has NOT stopped complaining. I have broken down complaints and rude comments only.

29 seconds in: dig at L’Oreal trips usually only being for a day but wow.... it’s for 2 nights.

3.50: dig that they aren’t going to the hotel first that they are going “straight” to the studio, but she fell asleep and has makeup on her blazer.

5.44: I’m livid I spent all this time making the perfect nude and I can’t even take it home... I have to take the actual press product home...a lipstick she looks bored over 😂🤷🏼‍♀️

8.00: yelling at the camera still can’t use it. Lydia it is your job to know how to use the camera?

8.37: Ali you just wreck the place I can’t take you anywhere.

8.51: bagging the room she stayed in last time because it was too dark. Considering she never pays for any hotel rooms she stays in she really should just shut up about the complaining otherwise that brand won’t be working with her again....

8.58: another fake balcony... you know unfortunately..

9.23: The W hotel gets a mirror rating of zero for ability to show ourfit. Not to mention this light is killing it but... more complaining about mirror...

10.00: I did want to show you my makeup but not in this mirror because it’s giving me no favours no no no... (still on about the fricken mirror....)

10.36: Complaining about the lipsticks she has been left in the room to wear for the press trip. Actually said to be honest I don’t know if I even like it because I’ve had to mix 3 colours together...

11.01: Sorry again that the mirror situation is actually just pretty crap in here. (YES THATS RIGHT AGAIN ABOUT THE MIRRORS)

11.40: complaints about how loud the music is and how she won’t be able to get any sleep.
I’m staying at the W hotel. Wow she really LOVES complaining about this hotel. Also she keeps naming it as well...

12.20: I’m livid I’m so livid I just want to go to sleep. (Wonder if she is setting up these complaints for a free future stay? )

12.39: The pavlova she usually has was horrible tonight and too dry so she didn’t eat it. Also the pavlova at her wedding was also dry... she even named the restaurant which I can’t spell so I won’t try to. But on and on about this pavlova which was dry so she didn’t eat it anyway.

13.32: making a dig about Victoria having all the same clothes she has. (To make it look like she isn’t just flat out copying her)

13.38: complaining about how she won’t get any sleep again..

15.19: wearing high street to fashion week AGAIN ABOUT THE MIRROR not showing the outfit.

15.32: ohh the sirens in Paris

24.20: Lydia trying to show everyone her outfit before she get to complain Ali shows her the full length mirror PULLS OUT 😂😂😂

24.38: well there you go first full length mirror shot for the trip. I look so short, I look to dumpy.

24.57: Ali is making such a noise in the background you’re such a **** (to Ali)

25.04: I don’t know if I’ll vlog anymore this video. You never know I might vlog more..???

25.26: I don’t know what the time is my watch is wrong.

25.48: ACTUALLY COMPLAINING they haven’t had a weekend at all because it’s Sunday and she has been on a 2 day expenses paid trip to Paris. I’ve been working all weekend, it’s still work.... because I have to be “on”. (Got to have two boozy nights with Vic and dinners, said she had a great time away and immediately after followed it with.... we haven’t had a weekend at all.)

30.50: jogger pants I wonder if they come in a smaller size I’ll ask them... because I could take a size down. (She just got 3 MASSIVE boxes of free stuff) followed with well now I have a huge pile of stuff I have to fold and put away now.

31.20: ohhh you know when your lipstick goes funny.. that’s just what happened.

32.10: I’m wanting to change the bar stools before I do a wardrobe tour I need something whiter and linen to match. It’s to Grey for in this room. I also want to change the light. I need to change these handles I don’t like them at all.. they didn’t let me choose the handles, I had to panic choose them on the day(SO YOU DID CHOOSE THEM THEN???). I really find these circles not my vibe at all. I want something more traditional.

I have recently been making more of an effort to be more positive instead of negative. I slowly started to step away from Lydia’s videos and as I have sat here and watched this entire video today, I can’t help but notice how incredibly ungrateful and negative she is. Instead of being thankful for all the free “press” whatever you want to call it things in life. Lydia automatically goes for the negative first over the positive. Which makes me feel sad for her, also for her viewers instead of teaching them to be thankful she is showing them to point out anything that is wrong products, hotels, lipsticks, mirrors etc.

Today was beyond eye opening, she is clearly in a rubbish place. Lydia if you are reading this... this is why people are turning off you, the constant lies and negativity don’t make for a good viewing experience.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 47
Yeah the Olay Whips was bad, the comments under the Olay page with it on were hilarious!
The absolute worst has to be the LIDL ad though. Miss 'my channel is high end luxury, so you won't find high street here' does adverts for LIDL! hahaha
What about stupid Zoflora?
Just watched Ali’s vlog. The lad puts a lot of work into his content but I’m gonna say it.

Boring. As. duck
His vlogs are dreary. Yup. But that video for Singapore Air and the latest for Topman? Pretty good concept and cinematography. That's his forte and he should stay in that zone of creative.

She has NOT stopped complaining. I have broken down complaints and rude comments only.

29 seconds in: dig at L’Oreal trips usually only being for a day but wow.... it’s for 2 nights.

3.50: dig that they aren’t going to the hotel first that they are going “straight” to the studio, but she fell asleep and has makeup on her blazer.

5.44: I’m livid I spent all this time making the perfect nude and I can’t even take it home... I have to take the actual press product home...a lipstick she looks bored over 😂🤷🏼‍♀️

8.00: yelling at the camera still can’t use it. Lydia it is your job to know how to use the camera?

8.51: bagging the room she stayed in last time because it was too dark. Considering she never pays for any hotel rooms she stays in she really should just shut up about the complaining otherwise that brand won’t be working with her again....

9.23: The W hotel gets a mirror rating of zero for ability to show ourfit. Not to mention this light is killing it but... more complaining about mirror...

10.00: I did want to show you my makeup but not in this mirror because it’s giving me no favours no no no... (still on about the fricken mirror....)

10.36: Complaining about the lipsticks she has been left in the room to wear for the press trip. Actually said to be honest I don’t know if I even like it because I’ve had to mix 3 colours together...

11.01: Sorry again that the mirror situation is actually just pretty crap in here. (YES THATS RIGHT AGAIN ABOUT THE MIRRORS)

11.40: complaints about how loud the music is and how she won’t be able to get any sleep.
I’m staying at the W hotel. Wow she really LOVES complaining about this hotel. Also she keeps naming it as well...

12.20: I’m livid I’m so livid I just want to go to sleep. (Wonder if she is setting up these complaints for a free future stay? )

12.39: The pavlova she usually has was horrible tonight and too dry so she didn’t eat it. Also the pavlova at her wedding was also dry... she even named the restaurant which I can’t spell so I won’t try to. But on and on about this pavlova which was dry so she didn’t eat it anyway.

13.32: making a dig about Victoria having all the same clothes she has. (To make it look like she isn’t just flat out copying her)

15.19: wearing high street to fashion week AGAIN ABOUT THE MIRROR not showing the outfit.

24.20: Lydia trying to show everyone her outfit before she get to complain Ali shows her the full length mirror PULLS OUT 😂😂😂

24.38: well there you go first full length mirror shot for the trip. I look so short, I look to dumpy.

25.04: I don’t know if I’ll vlog anymore this video. You never know I might vlog more..???

25.48: ACTUALLY COMPLAINING they haven’t had a weekend at all because it’s Sunday and she has been on a 2 day expenses paid trip to Paris. I’ve been working all weekend, it’s still work.... because I have to be “on”. (Got to have two boozy nights with Vic and dinners, said she had a great time away and immediately after followed it with.... we haven’t had a weekend at all.)

30.50: jogger pants I wonder if they come in a smaller size I’ll ask them... because I could take a size down. (She just got 3 MASSIVE boxes of free stuff) followed with well now I have a huge pile of stuff I have to fold and put away now.

32.10: I’m wanting to change the bar stools before I do a wardrobe tour I need something whiter and linen to match. It’s to Grey for in this room. I also want to change the light. I need to change these handles I don’t like them at all.. they didn’t let me choose the handles, I had to panic choose them on the day(SO YOU DID CHOOSE THEM THEN???). I really find these circles not my vibe at all. I want something more traditional.

I have recently been making more of an effort to be more positive instead of negative. I slowly started to step away from Lydia’s videos and as I have sat here and watched this entire video today, I can’t help but notice how incredibly ungrateful and negative she is. Instead of being thankful for all the free “press” whatever you want to call it things in life. Lydia automatically goes for the negative first over the positive. Which makes me feel sad for her, also for her viewers instead of teaching them to be thankful she is showing them to point out anything that is wrong products, hotels, lipsticks, mirrors etc.

Today was beyond eye opening, she is clearly in a rubbish place. Lydia if you are reading this... this is why people are turning off you, the constant lies and negativity don’t make for a good viewing experience.
This is an absolutely priceless recap 👏👏👏👏🎤🎤🎤🎤 drop! Thank you 😂😂😂😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 15

Against my better judgement I watched the video, can I just say I wish I'd read your post first as it sums it up exactly!!! Would have saved me 30 mins hahaha! Absolutely spot on. Her faux posh accent just made her whinging more insufferable. Hyacinth bucket indeed!

I really don't understand why brands still work with her if she can't even put aside her own ego and just at least pretend to be grateful? All she has to do is say something nice about the product shes being paid to promote and edit out all the negative whinging she does. Other influencers on press trips post ABOUT THE BRAND AND PRODUCT, but this one somehow misses the point and makes everything about her (and makes ads for OTHER brands!). Is her ego so huge that she thinks brands should be honoured to work with her???

Her entire life and persona (even her accent!!!) is fake, so why she continually shows us her true whingy (and unattractive) side is beyond me.

Reactions: 15
All she has to do is say something nice about the product shes being paid to promote and edit out all the negative whinging she does
Exactly. This basic concept seems to be completely beyond her. Lydia's personality is incapable of it. Have you all noticed how few repeat brand relationships she has? That's why.

Capture+_2019-10-08-12-50-48.png

Why are people shocked about Lydia being investigated by ASA? It just means she ain't doing her job right, so she deserves to be investigated. Jeez, these people need to open their eyes that they're being manipulated.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
View attachment 47146

Why are people shocked about Lydia being investigated by ASA? It just means she ain't doing her job right, so she deserves to be investigated. Jeez, these people need to open their eyes that they're being manipulated.
Whoever wrote that is on the "horrid" sites they're blabbing about. :sneaky: Lydia doesn't say that she's being investigated. It's only referenced here and the other site.

Reactions: 24
Lopo22 thanks for taking one for the team! So much whining, much entitled!
I'm exhausted just reading your post. When is Lidl going to create some real content?

Reactions: 8
Lopo22 thanks for taking one for the team! So much whining, much entitled!
I'm exhausted just reading your post. When is Lidl going to create some real content?
Honestly been a while since I sat down and actually watched an entire video. I can honestly say I’m done...

By the way she did a post on her home insta after she listed all the extra things she wants in her wardrobe and tagged everyone. This is everything she listed at the end of her YouTube video about her wardrobe on the why I don’t do fashion week video...... As Gemma said once again she begging for more free bees it’s actually sickening she lives her life like this.

SSSSPPPAAAARRREEEEEEE MMMMMEEEE

Attachments

Reactions: 6
Desperately pushing those affiliate lynx on stories 🤣🤣
We need to pay for all the new Apple toys I suppose!!

The 5 days of vlogmas are coming up!
She needs the tools for that quality content!!

one the first day of Christmas net a porter gave to me... a voucher for a shopping spree.

on the second day of Christmas, home sense gave to me, a bougee AF tree and a voucher for a shopping spree.

one the third day of Christmas Dior gave to me.....
Absolutely duck all 🤦‍♀️
.........so there’s no more vlogs to see 😏😏😏

• Haha
Reactions: 34
She's just sooo helpful isn't she - telling everyone about the Net a Porter 15% off code - a week after everyone else has mentioned it!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.