Learning to drive #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Money saving expert has some good advice ... E.g. I found the jump from provisional to full huge where I actually didn't drive for 3 weeks to bring the premium down. Insuring straight away also increases premiums and best prices are about the 23 day mark.
Also your job 'title' can affect quotes, they have a job picker style thing on there to help.

I'm insured through People Direct which is Hastings.

Money saving expert has some good advice ... E.g. I found the jump from provisional to full huge where I actually didn't drive for 3 weeks to bring the premium down. Insuring straight away also increases premiums and best prices are about the 23 day mark.
Also your job 'title' can affect quotes, they have a job picker style thing on there to help.

I'm insured through People Direct which is Hastings.
This is fantastic thank you. Had a quote with Hastings which is still expensive but not as high as some. I’ve tweaked a few things which seem to have helped.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Just found your post, my 18yr old has a car, on a provisionally licence. Insured on a learner policy but if/when she passes (likely to be July) but I’m getting the most horrendous quotes for a 5k car. Thoughts? I’ve tried Tesco, comparing websites etc.
Is that with a box? Some insurers offer a curfew too? You can try a higher excess?

Quotes vary from about 2k to 5k. I’ve adjusted the excess to £1000. Using the link above I’ve managed to get a quote for 1700 with a black box.

Just make sure you read the small print with the black box, some have some quite weird terms. I.e. Minimum use for one and curfew times.
Happy driving though 👍🏼 x

Had my second lesson today, felt much more confident 😊 At one point I was driving along, my instructor was talking away, and I had this sudden thought in my head “OMG I’m driving, I’m actually driving” 😂😂 unfortunately just as I’m confident enough to go out in my husbands car, it breaks 🙄 Roll on next weeks lesson 🚗😊

• Heart
Reactions: 3
So the last couple of days have been stressful. All during my lessons I have had an electric handbrake 'auto hold', and now since passing so does my new car. However my car has been in the garage and I have had a curtsey car with a stick handbrake 😳

I broke out into a slight panic attack when I saw it, the husband was like 'what do u mean you've never used one'
Today it goes back but I'm physically doing the drive in my head thinking of the damn hills ... Finding the bite point, releasing it is bringing back the nerves. I know it's not too dissimilar but in my head it's something extra that can go wrong 😔

• Heart
test is booked for the 18th of June, think i'm going to swap it though because i still haven't passed a mock test! just wish driving came easily to me but i just get myself so stressed and end up making mistakes 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 3
is it easier to get a test (cancellation?) when you've already got one booked, or do you need to be booking a new test rather than changing a current one? sorry if its a silly Q, really out of the loop

is it easier to get a test (cancellation?) when you've already got one booked, or do you need to be booking a new test rather than changing a current one? sorry if its a silly Q, really out of the loop
I found it easier having a test booked already. The app Testi is what I used for cancellations but you can only use it if you have one booked so I booked one far away anywhere I could