Learning to drive #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m having a break from driving lessons until January.. I’ll be putting the money I was spending on them into my car fund.

Reactions: 3
I was watching the last thread but never commented. Today would’ve been my dad’s birthday and today I took my driving test and I BLOODY PASSED!!!!!!! 2 years of learning, my dad passing, a pandemic, 5 cancelled tests and 2 rescheduled tests and 2 (for really stupid reasons) failed tests later!!!!! 3rd time lucky! I am sooooooooo happy, my theory was due to run out a week today too 😂😄🥳✨ i honestly started sobbing when the examiner told me, think i gave him a fright but it was just pure relief and i think a good omen from my dad 🤍😭

• Heart
Reactions: 49
I was watching the last thread but never commented. Today would’ve been my dad’s birthday and today I took my driving test and I BLOODY PASSED!!!!!!! 2 years of learning, my dad passing, a pandemic, 5 cancelled tests and 2 rescheduled tests and 2 (for really stupid reasons) failed tests later!!!!! 3rd time lucky! I am sooooooooo happy, my theory was due to run out a week today too 😂😄🥳✨ i honestly started sobbing when the examiner told me, think i gave him a fright but it was just pure relief and i think a good omen from my dad 🤍😭
Aww congratulations! Your Dad was with you every step of the way! 😇

• Heart
Congratulations so happy for you 💕

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I failed guys I’m soo sad I was so nervous!
I feel like just giving up now honestly 😭😭😭😭
Don’t give up.
It’s really not that big of a deal.
you’ve done the test so now you know what it’s like, use the experience to help you - use it to make you better equipped to deal with it next time. Stop putting so much pressure on yourself. Book another test and get on with it!

Reactions: 2
Ways to ease your nerves:
Rescue remedy
Hypnosis
Banana
Cold drink of water with you.

Chalk it up to experience, you know what to expect. You know what to focus on for next time. Think positive, you've got this

i’ve just passed on my 3rd try, i’ve not really been nervous for any of them as i knew i could drive otherwise I wouldn’t be doing the test. the best advice I can give you is just think of it as another driving lesson but with a different instructor, this really helped me, breath - you can drive, that’s why you’re doing the test. my brother in law gave me a great piece of advice - talk through what you’re doing whether that’s out loud or in your head and show your intentions for what you’re doing, i used that sometimes like “mirror, signal, move” or “ok i’m going to check my mirror now cos i’m breaking/changing my speed”, maybe try incorporating that into what you’re doing.

Reactions: 4
I felt the same when I failed mine last week.. What did you fail on? Mine was road markings.
Keep going and get another one booked.
Earliest one I could get was March.

Aw try not to be hard on yourself! You can drive otherwise you wouldn’t have made it to the test, it’s just sheer luck on the day. Get another booked and try again! X

thank you everyone for your encouraging words! Really appreciate it
I was so nervous on the day and made such a stupid mistake by staying In the middle of a two way road for too long while turning right at a junction! I was litterally in the middle for about 4 seconds and she failed me!
I’m just annoyed because my theory expires next week, luckily I’ve found a date for next month which I have booked I know I will pass that easily. So when I pass that I will look for a new instructor and start practicing again x

Reactions: 1
thank you everyone for your encouraging words! Really appreciate it
I was so nervous on the day and made such a stupid mistake by staying In the middle of a two way road for too long while turning right at a junction! I was litterally in the middle for about 4 seconds and she failed me!
I’m just annoyed because my theory expires next week, luckily I’ve found a date for next month which I have booked I know I will pass that easily. So when I pass that I will look for a new instructor and start practicing again x
Oh man it sounds so easy to fail! I don't know how anyone passes! But I'm sure you will nail it next time, everyone manages it in the end ❤

• Heart
I felt the same when I failed mine last week.. What did you fail on? Mine was road markings.
Keep going and get another one booked.
Earliest one I could get was March.
hey! I don’t know if you know about this but helpful thing for tests. I used a service called SpeedyTests to get myself cancellations, so basically you pay a one off fee and you can use it as many times as you want until you pass. So I first paid for it back in January 2019 and I used it up until I passed recently, depending on the fee (i think paid £16) you pay you can have them automatically send you any cancellations at either 1 or 2 test centres by text message and you get about 15 mins to reply to the text to book. You might be able to get earlier than March if that’s what you want 💙

hey! I don’t know if you know about this but helpful thing for tests. I used a service called SpeedyTests to get myself cancellations, so basically you pay a one off fee and you can use it as many times as you want until you pass. So I first paid for it back in January 2019 and I used it up until I passed recently, depending on the fee (i think paid £16) you pay you can have them automatically send you any cancellations at either 1 or 2 test centres by text message and you get about 15 mins to reply to the text to book. You might be able to get earlier than March if that’s what you want 💙
Thank you for letting me know, I will give this one a try. I paid £10 for Testi but they never send notifications.