Jack Monroe #572 She also featured in a Sainsburys television campaign in January 2014

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If you think you’re burning out, you’re already burnt out and need a sick note for two weeks and you have to stay off and rest properly before making any further decisions.
Not you Jack, you wouldn‘t know overwork if it came delivered from Ocado

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 59
Cooper is only about 5/6 years old.
View attachment 2920332
Look how bright and healthy he looks ☹

• Sad
Reactions: 23
If you think you’re burning out, you’re already burnt out and need a sick note for two weeks and you have to stay off and rest properly before making any further decisions.
This is solid advice TotesyHotes, and something I did recently. Never feel bad for putting yourself first. You can’t run on an empty tank (and no matter what your job says, they will cope just fine without you for a while).

I was struggling with being in England knowing my granny in Belfast was EOL, so I signed myself off. In the end I came over to help care for her so was needed here anyway, and I was honoured to care for her ans be here when she passed. The funeral is tomorrow. I feel not one shred of guilt for sick noting it. I’ve done it before for bad mentals and I’d do it again. I cannot care for others if I’m not caring for myself.

Back on topic and Jack doesn’t have these real life concerns and worries because she doesn’t have a job and lives up her own hole.

• Heart
Reactions: 67
Any mithering ninnies in need of support and/or distraction from everyday are welcome in the food and drink threads in off topic>chatter
we have an excellent video of a tiny pony just now

not you Jack, you get plenty of advice here for FREE and you don’t take it so

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 45
Wow her 'logic'. How can eating crap be better than not eating crap?
Riddle me this.
The luxury of ethics, dear Jellyheart

thanks to Marm who is pulling double duty these days, however am sure there’s a much later one around 22 where she talks about she eats them coz they’re delicious and everyone in her house (lol) thinks so, so yah boo sucks, stick your compassionate farming up your hole. Dunno if she was the owner of a £100+ pigskin Stetson at the time.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 38
This is solid advice TotesyHotes, and something I did recently. Never feel bad for putting yourself first. You can’t run on an empty tank (and no matter what your job says, they will cope just fine without you for a while).

I was struggling with being in England knowing my granny in Belfast was EOL, so I signed myself off. In the end I came over to help care for her so was needed here anyway, and I was honoured to care for her ans be here when she passed. The funeral is tomorrow. I feel not one shred of guilt for sick noting it. I’ve done it before for bad mentals and I’d do it again. I cannot care for others if I’m not caring for myself.

Back on topic and Jack doesn’t have these real life concerns and worries because she doesn’t have a job and lives up her own hole.
I’m so sorry my love but I am glad you got to spend the time. Xx

• Heart
Reactions: 25
The luxury of ethics, dear Jellyheart

thanks to Marm who is pulling double duty these days, however am sure there’s a much later one around 22 where she talks about she eats them coz they’re delicious and everyone in her house (lol) thinks so, so yah boo sucks, stick your compassionate farming up your hole. Dunno if she was the owner of a £100+ pigskin Stetson at the time.
This one? (thread too long to post!):

Screenshot_20240508-024027_Twitter.jpg

Remember this? 😭☠
Screenshot_20240508-023602_Twitter.jpg

• Sick
  • Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 62
totally

go to bed for 2 weeks the minute you come back from the dr, tbh. don't tell your employer tit apart from you're calling in sick

meds and therapy can only do so much. jack knows tit all about burnout

• Heart
Reactions: 34
View attachment 2922205
Yeah, Jack. Dunno what those are you’re eating with your crumbly teefs and SEVERELY ouchy mouth (severe), but they’re definitely not sausages.View attachment 2922206 View attachment 2922207
This is guest we're talking about who is texture averse when it comes to food.
A normal sossage cooked correctly would appear like a 'rawhide bone' to her.
She'd only recognise a flabby one filled with a sort of pinky beige paste. A slop sausage.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 42
I think the markings on Cooper's nose could be a bad case of fleas, they can get really embedded and leave a lot of excrement

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
Just dropping in to give some advice to you guys struggling at work (as a manager). You can tell me to duck off or whatever if I’m just saying basic or useless stuff:

- find out if you have a mental health first aider. A lot of places have them now and it’s easy to miss emails about it. They can signpost and even intervene on your behalf.
- tell your manager. I know some managers are absolute dickheads. And some managers simply can’t do much. But my God if I found out one of my guys were badly struggling and I didn’t know I’d feel awful.
- see if flexitime is available. It doesn’t count for some people I manage but for my office based staff, if they have stuff to do they want to crack on with without people asking them loads of questions I let them jump online early and finish early.
- ask if you have any private healthcare options. I had no idea we had it available, for myself, let alone being able to signpost my staff to it. The turnaround from applying to getting my first counselling session was two weeks.

As I said I know some of these are unrealistic and this is OT but I hate to think of my fellow ninnies struggling ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 61
I like fennel. You can sit with me x
So do I. Sliced fennel under a roasted leg of lamb = heaven. (Apologies to all veggies and vegans. Not something we often eat - but it’s tasty).

Edit: just to add to @SleevelessSlopSlinger ‘s post above, check if your company has an employee assistance programme (eap). These usually offer free phone or online talking therapy sessions to help struggling workers. Check those health and safety notice boards you usually walk past for details.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
I made the mistake of telling my boss I was struggling with some stuff last year and we had a conversation and I said should I phone my dr and boss said no. (In hindsight reading your posts I should have done way back then). Have done since off my own bat but duck. Hope you are all ok
Off-Topic and not to tip my hand as a raving Commie (I am), but (and this is in general, not aimed at anyone) your boss's/employer's interests and your own are not aligned. Unless you are very lucky their answer will always be "keep making me money". A healthcare professional is your first point of call and then your trade union.

I'm lucky where I live that you need a sicknote for even 1 day off work so it's easy to see a doctor at short notice and that most of them take this stuff seriously. I think i got signed off for 2 months on the strength of one conversation with my GP.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
In that tweet she mentions chicken breasts- have I ever seen them in a recipe/meal. It’s always poverty chicken legs isn’t it?

Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.