Jack Monroe #570 Delusions of Relevance

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ definitely not an unlikely scenario at allā€¦.

Personally I HATE unscrewing lightbulbs (when they have blown, not when Iā€™m fake povving). Iā€™m always scared they will smash as they are delicate little fuckers and never seem to come out that easily.

Surely an easier method is to tape the light switch off instead? Doesnā€™t read as well though does it..
She could have unscrewed the light switches and put them in the drawer with all the knobs.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Taking lightbulbs in and out makes it more likely they will ā€˜blowā€™ and need replacing.
It would be easier to put a piece of tape over a light switch.

Reactions: 36
I found the loft hatch drama šŸ˜‚
From Feb 22. Thanks to @Silver Linings for screenshots.
One of the most ridiculous (fictional) chaoi with something for everyone - sadfishing! plucky smol pixie! trauma! press and fame! I RENT! forever hydrangeas! Help me Iā€™m poor! Invisible axes! etc etc as captured in ss by @kachoochoo and beautifully summarized by @Marmalade Atkins as
IMG_8412.jpeg

IMG_8413.jpeg
IMG_8417.jpeg
IMG_8418.jpeg
IMG_8419.jpeg
IMG_8420.jpeg
IMG_8421.jpeg
as with so very much of her output
IMG_8422.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
I hadnā€™t seen that before (amazed there is still new idiocy). Apart from anything else, that loft hatch is clearly over a chest of drawers or cabinet. Unless her bed is so close to it, she canā€™t open the drawers, nothing falling out of that hatch is landing on her bed.

Does she think people donā€™t have eyes?

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Taking lightbulbs in and out makes it more likely they will ā€˜blowā€™ and need replacing.
It would be easier to put a piece of tape over a light switch.
It's just so ridiculous isn't it? Also all the bollocks about replacing the lights with crap garden solar lights.
Cost to run a low wattage light bulb for a year: <Ā£5.
1000028386.jpg

She clearly just says it because it sounds like something a Real Poor would do.

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
I hadnā€™t seen that before (amazed there is still new idiocy). Apart from anything else, that loft hatch is clearly over a chest of drawers or cabinet. Unless her bed is so close to it, she canā€™t open the drawers, nothing falling out of that hatch is landing on her bed.

Does she think people donā€™t have eyes?
I'd never seen this before either.

Basically a piece of balanced wood slightly moved, but didn't fall down? Is that it?

I put a shopping bag on the worktop yesterday. Window wasn't open but I did use the door. Came back in and it had shifted over a few inches. Would this be something which needs an exorcism or could I just fold it up and put it back in the drawer? Should I tweet to ask?

• Haha
Reactions: 33
One of the most ridiculous (fictional) chaoi with something for everyone - sadfishing! plucky smol pixie! trauma! press and fame! I RENT! forever hydrangeas! Help me Iā€™m poor! Invisible axes! etc etc as captured in ss by @kachoochoo and beautifully summarized by @Marmalade Atkins as
View attachment 2902277
OMG the axe/saw chaos. I loved this one.

What is she like honestly šŸ¤£ Iā€™m cringing all over again for her.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
OMG the axe/saw chaos. I loved this one.

What is she like honestly šŸ¤£ Iā€™m cringing all over again for her.
Why would you bother. Rock it left, right, forward, back. Hole slightly expands, sign pulls out. Why would you want to try and get a hand saw (!) at an angle to cut it flush to the floor. A hand saw would also never cut flush to the floor as the handle and your knuckles would be in the way. You'd then have to dig the remaining 6" out with a shovel. With absolutely no leverage.

Even the stuff she says she does is truly a mind blowing logic vacuum.

If you were able to tell any story you wanted, surely it would be that you pulled it straight out with your bare, self proclaimed gnarly, hands? Gently, carefully, soul destroyingly, hopefully, restlessly, pulled it out.

• Haha
Reactions: 55
View attachment 2902277
Since when does she wash and iron *anything*? Including baggage she has unpacked. :LOL:
---
Why would you bother. Rock it left, right, forward, back. Hole slightly expands, sign pulls out. Why would you want to try and get a hand saw (!) at an angle to cut it flush to the floor. A hand saw would also never cut flush to the floor as the handle and your knuckles would be in the way. You'd then have to dig the remaining 6" out with a shovel. With absolutely no leverage.

If you were able to tell any story you wanted, surely it would be that you pulled it straight out with your bare, self proclaimed gnarly, hands? Gently, carefully, soul destroyingly, hopefully, restlessly, pulled it out.
Painstakingly. You missed painstakingly!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Since when does she wash and iron *anything*? Including baggage she has unpacked. :LOL:
---

Painstakingly. You missed painstakingly!!
Sorry. I was trying to imply she just whipped it out in 5 mins, but on reflection I should have made it a full day's work for accuracy.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
And hereā€™s one of her dramas I could elevenerife the tit out of. In mine it was a 100yr old terraced house connected to a gunshot/ death by misadventure case and was like living through an episode of Hammer House Of Horror, but the root cause was the same: winter storms causing negative pressure in the attic and rattling the loft hatch out of its frame.
I love how one squig immediately says what everyoneā€™s thinking - just push it back with a stick, genius! šŸ¤£
(In my case it was ā€œOh, so thatā€™s why some previous tenant had lashed it closed with screws and stringā€) šŸ˜†

• Haha
Reactions: 31

Gives a great excuse for the dirty nails as well so she really missed a trick thereā€¦

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
As you can tell, I am trying very hard to procrastinate on today's jobs! But, the more we move through the threads over the years, the less anything she says stands up to even the most basic scrutiny, let alone the forensic nature of the canal. It is mind-blowing really. I'm waiting for some muppet to come along and engage her in a showmance next.... Or so she will try to tell us...... And how we shall laugh. Again. And again.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
View attachment 2902277
The only house on her street that sold around this time was a 3-bed bungalow in December 2020, for Ā£685,000.
So much poor šŸ˜¢

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 47
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.