Gender Discussion #64

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I agree.
I'm pro choice, "as soon as possible, as late as necessary for any woman, for any reason", so it that sense I have no problem with her terminating, I just don't believe any part of her story though.
I'd wonder if there even was a pregnancy tbh.
I don't disagree with abortion, it's a woman's right to choose, I suppose it was just my ignorance that an abortion would be offered for that condition. That's really what I was meaning, I probably just didn't word it very well.

Reactions: 10
I don't disagree with abortion, it's a woman's right to choose, I suppose it was just my ignorance that an abortion would be offered for that condition. That's really what I was meaning, I probably just didn't word it very well.
Up until 24 weeks you can have one for any reason, after that is different, I think medical reasons only, but I'm not sure.
Gemma Collins seems to be making out that her baby was intersex, and that was a serious health condition.
I don't believe it for a second, and it's a disgusting thing to lie about.

Reactions: 17
Quoting myself to say that these disgusting men are doing it all for ‘likes’ on their TikTok channel. It’s repugnant that this is allowed to happen. They’re literally using these babies (they bought twins) as fashion accessories.

• Angry
  • Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 31
Quoting myself to say that these disgusting men are doing it all for ‘likes’ on their TikTok channel. It’s repugnant that this is allowed to happen. They’re literally using these babies (they bought twins) as fashion accessories.
That is so upsetting. :cry: Those poor little babies.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
I feel physically sick I have no words

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 16
I totally understand the point you were making. I know that if an amniocentesis shows up ANY sign of a genetic issue (or if a scan shows up any sort of congenital defect), that is communicated to the parents, and some choose to terminate if the prognosis is bad enough.

Anyway, having said that, like you I'm surprised to hear of a DSD being diagnosed prenatally. I don't know enough about them - I'd assumed that it was something that was only detected due to a baby having abnormalities with their genitalia (and sometimes not even then).

Which makes me suspect that GC could be one of those pathological liars that chooses to lie about topics that would be beyond the pale to lie about. I don't think I believe her. I mean why would she use the word "hermaphrodite" when that word would not have been used by the doctors who looked after her?

Reactions: 14
That's horrific, those poor babies

• Sad
Reactions: 13

I notice that neither the BBC nor the Guardian mentioned that Gustavson was a gender diversity activist.

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 22
I can’t stop thinking about that baby born by surrogate being handed to a drag queen. I’ve known it happens but to actually SEE it has upset me so much. That poor baby crying and that man just barely comforting it because he’s too busy worrying about his nails and how he looks. And I would bet that the man’s mother will be looking after the baby in reality because it ACTUAL motherhood won’t be fun and validating enough for him. It is sickening and I really hope it changes people’s minds about surrogacy being harmless and kind. I love that another account posted a video of a newborn being comforted by its mother and it instantly calms down when it feels her skin and hears her voice.

• Sad
Reactions: 32
In the many unsupportive comments it said that it was one of the men's sister that gave birth to the twins. By the looks of things it's all purely for money, certainly no one is giving a thought to those two babies. And judging by the amount of plastic surgery the two blokes have had I suspect the babies will come secondary to their immense vanity.
---
I totally understand the point you were making. I know that if an amniocentesis shows up ANY sign of a genetic issue (or if a scan shows up any sort of congenital defect), that is communicated to the parents, and some choose to terminate if the prognosis is bad enough.

Anyway, having said that, like you I'm surprised to hear of a DSD being diagnosed prenatally. I don't know enough about them - I'd assumed that it was something that was only detected due to a baby having abnormalities with their genitalia (and sometimes not even then).

Which makes me suspect that GC could be one of those pathological liars that chooses to lie about topics that would be beyond the pale to lie about. I don't think I believe her. I mean why would she use the word "hermaphrodite" when that word would not have been used by the doctors who looked after her?
Well I don't know an awful lot about Gemma Collins but from some of the replies on here it sounds like she's perhaps a bit of an attention seeker (maybe that's putting it mildly!) but I just thought it strange.

I argue with them all the time, there does seem to be more pushback which is good.
---

Thanks, I really was laughing at the Gemma Collins thing!
No worries.
---
I can’t stop thinking about that baby born by surrogate being handed to a drag queen. I’ve known it happens but to actually SEE it has upset me so much. That poor baby crying and that man just barely comforting it because he’s too busy worrying about his nails and how he looks. And I would bet that the man’s mother will be looking after the baby in reality because it ACTUAL motherhood won’t be fun and validating enough for him. It is sickening and I really hope it changes people’s minds about surrogacy being harmless and kind. I love that another account posted a video of a newborn being comforted by its mother and it instantly calms down when it feels her skin and hears her voice.
It broke my heart to see this - it was truly distressing to watch.

I think that somebody else will be looking after that poor little soul (at least I hope so).

I can imagine that the baby will be left to a grandma or a nanny, and brought out for the odd 10 minutes for FB/ Instagram pictures and put away when s/he starts to cry. I really hope I'm wrong - but I do hope that whoever looks after this little one gives them the love and support they will need growing up.

I'd be interested to see a well-researched paper on the psychological effects of children born and brought up in this sort of situation - but there won't ever be one because the parents wouldn't comply. Maybe in 40 years we'll see one with the adult children as subjects.

Edited to wipe off the tear stains

Last edited:
  • Sad
I can't believe they're not taking the Cass report seriously. What's it going to take to get rid of this stupid belief in public life? Are we just stuck with it now do you think?
I'm hoping something else cool will come along. These idiots who have bought into the ideology from the BeKind angle often follow fads. They probably all have Stanley cups right now.

It is frustrating though that people don't want to take scientific studies seriously.

Reactions: 19
I wasn’t aware that any ‘gender’ other than female went through the menopause! And the session at 15:10… I would happily donate TIMs my awful periods, the bleeding I have had for 3 weeks with crippling cramps, the hot flushes, the mood swings, the pain, the fatigue. They have no bleeping clue!!
In a menopause event, I had no idea that the only gender that would have a session devoted just to them would be men. Menopause for all genders. No mention of specific genders at any point until the session about men. Couldn't make it up. duck right off.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.