Gender Discussion #63

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Gender GP have been named at Brianna Ghey’s inquest, along with GIDS. Does this mean Brianna had contact with Gender GP? Or just that the coroner will just check if B did?

The coroner also said she will also examine whether Brianna was appropriately supported by relevant agencies involved with supporting people with issues of gender, eating disorders and mental health.

Agencies named at the hearing included the Gender GP counselling service and the Gender Identity Development Service.

Brianna Ghey inquest to look into killer's school transfer https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-68791262

Reactions: 11
So the Cass Report quite rightly states that children with gender dysphoria should have had mental health treatment etc. Will this now be the medical help that trans adults receive? Is it going to be treat as a mental illness rather than affirming surgery/pharma etc

Reactions: 26
So the Cass Report quite rightly states that children with gender dysphoria should have had mental health treatment etc. Will this now be the medical help that trans adults receive? Is it going to be treat as a mental illness rather than affirming surgery/pharma etc
It has to be surely? BUT I have already seen posts on peoples social media how this is all a storm in a teacup, promoted by the far right, that there is no issue with saying chest feeding because it doesn't really happen and when it does you shouldn't have a propblem with it as you're just respecting a person with gender dysphoria etc.

People can not handle being wrong. They will cling onto this with their dying breath becuase they cannot admit they were bleeping idiots.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Hi guys. I haven't posted in these threads for quite some time but I recently watched this documentary called Dysconnected and wanted to share with you all.

Apologies if already talked about.

It is on amazon prime and the description reads "A transgender tsunami has swept the nation, overtaking the medical, educational, and couseling industries, and forever altering thousands of young girls' lives. What is going on? Filmmaker and father Don Johns traveled the country to find out."

Trailer below 🫶

I don't think it's well-known yet because the TRAs haven't flooded the reviews or youtube clips from what I've seen. So watch before it gets taken down for hate speech lol!
Thanks for sharing. Watching now. Struggled to find it as had to type the whole title before the search found it.

Interesting that right off the bat Daisy said they'd had numerous identities before she decided she was a trans male (she's now transitioning). Seems do many of them are extremely confused generally 🤔

• Sad
Reactions: 12
I don’t know how many more “I’m just a man who knows nothing about this but I’m sure I can just pop up with THE most reasonable opinion at this juncture because I’m the best and get lots of likes” posts I can take…

So by that logic, her views also have nothing to do with the books she wrote or the films that came from those books…‘unrelated to the former’…but they still tit all over that don’t they!! Hypocrites

• Heart
Reactions: 13
An interesting take on the Cass Report. They really have a way of warping reality and facts.

Ugh, that account makes me angry.

I understand that life is difficult enough for autistic people and for teenagers in general so I don't see how people don't see that when they feel uncomfortable in their bodies that it is societal expectations of what being a woman means, and accepting and helping people's during puberty that is the main thing we can do to help.

Dare I say that puberty is already a transitioning time for all of us, and it's uncomfortable and weird and scary and the hormones are going wild, let's support people to go through that first, doing something which is (for the vast majority of people) a totally natural process.

People seem to rally against the idea of social contagion but it really is a thing. Just look at something flippant like how bottles of Prime became like gold dust to see how people want to be like others. But also I remember as a teen in the 90s that self harming was epidemic amongst my friends. Teens are vulnerable, and if we think they aren't old enough to decide to vote or drive or enlist in the army, younger kids aren't old enough to buy energy drinks because of the damage they can do to their young brains, they certainly aren't old enough to 'change gender'.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
It certainly should be but CAMHS have huge waiting lists now and sometimes young people can wait a very long time before having access to any help due to the high numbers of referrals.
Obviously more funding and staff are needed as we appear to have a huge mental health crisis going on with young people at the moment.

• Sad
Reactions: 20
The phrase “trans healthcare” gives me the absolute boak. Along with “trans kids” and “cis kids”

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 42
An interesting take on the Cass Report. They really have a way of warping reality and facts.

Interesting comments I screenshot below. Red asks where these claims are in the report. Red says they've read the report and can't find them. Blue says they're in there, AND WORSE. Red says can you please tell me where so I can read them. Blue says no. ✨ No debate ✨

Screenshot_20240412-105105~3.png

Screenshot_20240412-105256~2.png

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 17

The incredibly stupid (as always) “Dr” (PhD of course) Charlotte Lydia Riley (no-one cares about your middle name love) has cited the very weird “Sophie”’s cartoon as some kind of gotcha.

• Angry
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
It's amazing how they are ignoring that Mermaids basis in the last number of years was down to toys kids played with.
Getting fed up with Gillick competence being mentioned every time by TRAs when the kids and YA are not given the the potential implications cause it is not known!

Reactions: 18
Something I’ve noticed more of v recently is the “trans people have always existed!” gubbins. Smacks to me of rewriting history to suit a present day narrative a la 1984/ministry of truth. I’m in my 50s so not exactly young and while I remember the occasional transsexual and transvestite it was nothing like now. They weren’t shouting and bawling insisting that they were women, demanding access to women’s spaces etc

Reactions: 40
It comes as a new survey revealed the lowest level of happiness in a decade among young transgender people in Scotland, amid what a charity called an “unacceptable” level of intolerance.

A report by LGBT Youth Scotland indicated that happiness among the young transgender community has halved in the 10 years between 2012 and 2022, from 59 per cent to 28 per cent.

Could it possibly be because these kids were already depressed before they ever even considered transitioning and lo and behold transitioning hasn't changed anything other than remove their sexual function and make them practically undateable.
I also think people who live with a victim mentality i.e. I'm sooooooooo oppresssssssssed are likely to be perpetually unhappy as most of the world won't bow to their whims. When someone is sooooo entitled, they are setting themselves up for disappointment.
---
It’s funny, the Harry Potter actors who were so loud at disagreeing with JK Rowling after she published that (actually quite tame) essay in 2020 were the ones who tuned me into all this. I was like - hang on, you’re all being a bit dickish to this woman who gave you your careers, is this really necessary? Then I read her essay and agreed with it all. And then I was like- hmmm
Emma Watson has gone really strange, she doesn't act any more, dates billionaire's sons, acts all preachy but seems to be a bit of an air-head...
---
It has to be surely? BUT I have already seen posts on peoples social media how this is all a storm in a teacup, promoted by the far right, that there is no issue with saying chest feeding because it doesn't really happen and when it does you shouldn't have a propblem with it as you're just respecting a person with gender dysphoria etc.

People can not handle being wrong. They will cling onto this with their dying breath becuase they cannot admit they were bleeping idiots.
Especially celebs, who tie their colours so loudly to the mast, when tit hits the fan barely any of them will announce they were wrong, they'll just back away quietly and hope noone comes for them. Admitting you are wrong takes courage and I don't think celebs are prepared for that backlash.

Last edited:
Reactions: 22
They do realise that in a lot of clinical trials for serious diseases people are given placebos right? It’s just just for persecuting trans people they evidence is required from double blind tests .

this comment is terrifying - even if we accept that yes these kids have been born in the wrong body and need to transition (I don’t) then surely they can see they would affect your mental health??
IMG_5286.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.