Eurovision Song Contest 2024

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The Ogham script on their face apparently spells out ceasefire. Love the little nod to the situation when other artists don’t seem to be doing much beyond putting out statements
i appreciate they're making their voice heard, although dropping out entirely would make a bigger statement. it it fair to expect artists not representing the offending country to forfeit their esc experience in protest? i don't think it is.

Reactions: 1
i appreciate they're making their voice heard, although dropping out entirely would make a bigger statement. it it fair to expect artists not representing the offending country to forfeit their esc experience in protest? i don't think it is.
I think for me it’s simply a matter of knowing that statements don’t mean much, especially when the argument is that them dropping out would exclude that view point completely or whatever it was at the time

If they choose to participate and don’t do anything beyond that then really they’re not doing anything. They may have as well stayed silent to begin with

Reactions: 1
I'm just watching Eurovision: 30 Unforgettable Moments and I must say, it's put me right in the mood for next week. :love:

Reactions: 4
Had a feeling we, would last 2 years we've been near the end and then closed it last year
People noticed in the rehearsal footage it said 02 so think they may get the death slot. Others saying it’s a large prop so could get the Terry Wogan slot after a break. We’ll find out in a few days anyway

Haven't the voting rules changed so the public votes from the moment performances start or something? The halves may not matter as much as they did previously
---
Rehearsal video is out.. I don't love it
---
The staging is really good but... yeah

Said it before but it's giving Sam Smith to me and I'm not loving it as a result. Also just finding him unbearable

• Heart
Reactions: 7
hmm.. it's got potential, but it really needs tightening up

also, the spoken "there isn't an end, there isn't a stop..." bit is giving "I breathe again" by adam rickitt lol lmao

Reactions: 3
Haven’t really been too fussed about this year until this last week and now I’m gutted to be missing the majority of the contest but hoping to catch the scores 🤞🏻

I don't understand the hype around that Swiss song.
I love it!
---
I think the upside down bit is fun, but it just feels (and looks) a bit grubby. Which I guess is different to everything else going on 🤷‍♀️
I think the upside down is standard as the Irish song has been shown the same.

Boring Swedes. (I only say that as they considered Ireland their 'rivals' whereas in in reality RTE is bankrupt and have been sending crap songs so as to not risk hosting it for nearly 30 years.)

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.