Eurovision Song Contest 2024

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
right, after loads of you said that Croatia is great, I've listened to it

it will absolutely go! off! on the night

it's a great song 😍

• Heart
Reactions: 10
right, after loads of you said that Croatia is great, I've listened to it

it will absolutely go! off! on the night

it's a great song 😍
It’s one of the few songs I’ve heard so far and it could totally be this year‘s Cha Cha Cha 😊 (meaning, audiences will love it and the juries, sadly, won’t)

• Heart
Reactions: 5
It's insane to me that Croatia sounds much better live than they do on their recorded version, the squeaks at the end of some of the Rim Tim Tagi Dim's really elevate it

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Sooo I watch the rehersal right now and I'm literally shaking 😻 😻 😻 😻 😻
The audience roars wooooah so loudly

I'm so bleeping proud!!!
He was a reserve in national contest ffs!!!
They all worked so hard!!!
Vocals are SO improved!!!

Can't wait for tomorrow 🇭🇷🇭🇷🇭🇷🇭🇷🇭🇷

Sorry, I can't keep calm 😆😆

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Wow I have just seen the UKs full professional recording footage. Wow wow wow. It really is something!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Hi everyone, I didn't realise there was a Eurovision thread! I'm the resident Eurofan in my house/work etc. Excited for the semi today, it feels like it's been a long time coming!

What's everyone's top 5s?

Mine is:

1 - Italy - it's so catchy and I love the rhythm
2 - Switzerland - it took a while to "click" but now I'm obsessed and Nemo is such a lil sweetie
3 - Norway - I love the magic forest vibe
4 - Lithuania - this song is such an earworm, the rhythm carries me along
5 - Slovenia - the drama! I hope she qualifies!

I think this year is really strong and there's about 10-15 songs that I wouldn't mind winning.

Reactions: 4
Hi everyone, I didn't realise there was a Eurovision thread! I'm the resident Eurofan in my house/work etc. Excited for the semi today, it feels like it's been a long time coming!

What's everyone's top 5s?

Mine is:

1 - Italy - it's so catchy and I love the rhythm
2 - Switzerland - it took a while to "click" but now I'm obsessed and Nemo is such a lil sweetie
3 - Norway - I love the magic forest vibe
4 - Lithuania - this song is such an earworm, the rhythm carries me along
5 - Slovenia - the drama! I hope she qualifies!

I think this year is really strong and there's about 10-15 songs that I wouldn't mind winning.
Omg yes, Raiven from Slovenia is so underrated!
The drama, the VOCALS 😻

Reactions: 1
Right re UK. His vocals in the new last section are not good enough. I hope he watches it back and really works it out for tonight because.. with a secure vocal that is a top 5 performance. BRILLIANT. But the juries will not reward that enough in its current state. The vocal issues are minor, but they are obvious and at moments that have been created to SHOW OFF his voice. Love it though

Last edited:
The fan media say they think he was saving his voice. Fingers crossed for a good score. At least left hand side pls!

I really can't call who could win this Saturday, makes for a much more satisfying viewing experience.

Right re UK. His vocals in the new last section are not good enough. I hope he watches it back and really works it out for tonight because.. with a secure vocal that is a top 5 performance. BRILLIANT. But the juries will not reward that enough in its current state. The vocal issues are minor, but they are obvious and at moments that have been created to SHOW OFF his voice. Love it though
I’m sure he’s saving his voice, it’s just stupid to give it your all vocal wise in the week leading up to the event. If the moments are created to show off the vocals, I’m sure that’s for a reason. Honestly at least we know vocally that he won’t be as bad as Mae last year unless something goes drastically wrong.

I actually love the staging for the UK. It went from being a decent but mid radio song for me to top 10 potential (not a winner though). I think all things considered though and with this being a potentially controversial performance, we’ll come between 10 and 20.

I do hope they tone the sexuality down slightly. Not loads bc I do like that it’s edgy but it’s not quite suitable for kids. That bit where it looks like they’re doing doggy, if the dancers at the front were women just wouldn’t be allowed 😂

And no need to worry about the conservative Eastern Europeans being offended, I’ve seen plenty of homophobic vitriol coming from Brits since the rehearsal footage leaked and even since Olly was announced. This country is far more homophobic than most people think and some people just have pure hatred in their hearts.

Personally my favourites are The Netherlands, Switzerland and France (and I usually HATE ballads but god damn his voice is good). If any of those win I’m delighted.

ETA: I love Ukraine as well but hope they don’t win as they won so recently and it’s just unfair to expect a country that came second to foot the bill to host it. The song is strong though and the performance looks beautiful.

Last edited:
Icl the vocal issues aren’t giving ‘I’m holding back 🤪’ because they are issues Olly regularly has. He’s deffo got a capable voice but it’s quite thin in style. He also hasn’t got the vocal flexibility to execute some of the runs and stuff he attempts to do in the song. It will be a hit or miss situation and let’s just hope he’s lucky when it counts- that includes tonight because the fandom will tear him apart if he’s not on tonight and it’s terrible for momentum.

with regards to the sexual stuff- it’s still erotic and very gay but in the context it’s not as jarring. ALSO the dancers don’t do the tongues in that red section!!! So it makes the doggy style SLIGHTLY more palatable.

Icl the vocal issues aren’t giving ‘I’m holding back 🤪’ because they are issues Olly regularly has. He’s deffo got a capable voice but it’s quite thin in style. He also hasn’t got the vocal flexibility to execute some of the runs and stuff he attempts to do in the song. It will be a hit or miss situation and let’s just hope he’s lucky when it counts- that includes tonight because the fandom will tear him apart if he’s not on tonight and it’s terrible for momentum.

with regards to the sexual stuff- it’s still erotic and very gay but in the context it’s not as jarring. ALSO the dancers don’t do the tongues in that red section!!! So it makes the doggy style SLIGHTLY more palatable.
Olly isn't a strong singer IMO. He has an average voice which is nothing special.
There's many vocalists than can sound fine on a recording but they're not so good live. Mae who we had last year also falls into this category.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.