Elle Darby-Swift #76 'The Texas Chain-Store Ambassador'

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As someone else said there's no way this was years in the planning if they are only just considering child care now! Honestly this would have been the main thing I'd have looked into- schools, education, safety for my kids. I honestly think they've done this on a whim.
im quite confused about this tbf because back in the vlogs around October - December she was talking about how they’re renting because they’re waiting for their new house to be built? And then when they announced the move to US they started talking about it as if they’d been planning it for ages.. can anyone fill me in? Cos either I’ve missed something or the thing about waiting for a house to be built was a random lie🤨
---
When their rental is up 100000% they’ll come back.
I think she’ll come back when it’s time to have a third baby, and tell everyone it’s because she wants to be around her family at that time, but really it’ll be because hospital bills are so expensive to have a baby in the US 🥱

Reactions: 13
im quite confused about this tbf because back in the vlogs around October - December she was talking about how they’re renting because they’re waiting for their new house to be built? And then when they announced the move to US they started talking about it as if they’d been planning it for ages.. can anyone fill me in? Cos either I’ve missed something or the thing about waiting for a house to be built was a random lie🤨
---

I think she’ll come back when it’s time to have a third baby, and tell everyone it’s because she wants to be around her family at that time, but really it’ll be because hospital bills are so expensive to have a baby in the US 🥱
Or she'll fly back on a visit or mercy mission of some kind and accidentally have the baby in the UK. 😁
God, I'm so cynical! 😏

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Texas wasn't her dream destination.....San Diego was. Now she's realised she will never be able to afford that lifestyle, she's making do with what she can afford.....and she looks bored AF out there. She can't ring Katie up and go shopping around Primark and leave the kids with Con or Lucy. They seem to be a family who regularly meet up for special occasions too. Out in Texas, it's not going to happen. When she said she'd been to the library for books, I immediately wondered how the boys will cope with books having different spelling over there. It's not a huge issue but, it's something to think about if you want your child educated in the US as opposed to the UK

Her views have dropped with the last vlog. People lose interest fast once the move has happened. She hasn't posted anything to her 'angel gal chat' for six weeks ;)

Reactions: 18
I reckon Connor is going to become the main influencer of the two of them in USA. The lifestyle suits him well with his fitness and food so I think more companies will want him advertising for them than Elle. He could probably make good money.

If that does happen, I Wonder what they'll do when Elle wants to come home and Connor is successful over there.... 👀

Reactions: 15
Of course this move will never work! I think when Lucy and the kids leave, and Katie is back in the UK, she’ll have a serious breakdown.

Elle chose a lifestyle over family, and has no one out there except the kids and Connor. Now, she’s too anxious to even drive in the US, so won’t leave the house without Connor. Except, Connor has made friends in TX!

Do I think money will eventually dry up? Not sure! We have no idea how much cash they have stored away, but she must’ve spent around $100k on this move so far (incl rent up
-front, shipping containers, airbnbs, restaurants every day, shipping dogs out)

She will hit rock bottom when the kids start school and reality hits her!

I really do see her wanting to return to the UK in around a year, and we’ll likely see the dogs rehomed or put through that dreadful cargo flight again.
I still do t think she had as much money as some people say. I think she’s either loaned the money or it’s all on credit cards. If she had this much liquid funds to her name she would t have had all those issues trying to get a mortgage in the UK. Which is ultimately the reason they pissed off to the states because they couldn’t get a mortgage to buy a home in the UK.
---
I do think she reads here, the latest vlog didn't have the usual intolerable intro of screeching she seemed calm and addressed the audience in a semi normal way that didn't make me want to instantly turn it off.... but again it was pretty much a nothing vlog. She's literally moved to her "dream" country and the content is pretty bland... did they really move all that way to just waltz around dog parks and soft play....

I feel like she's completely out of her depths she doesn't know what to do with her life or content i think she thought it would all come in to place if she moved to the US but sadly i don't think that will be the answer.
I get the feeling she’s regretting it and the screeching and over acting about “being so happy” is a front to not admit how miserable and wrong she feels.

Reactions: 11
Katie will be left to babysit whilst they go on numerous date nights no doubt. Her feet won't touch the ground bless her, she'll be running around the boys constantly. Elle might try and convince her to move in permanently. She's about the only woman she can trust around Connor and she'd be free childcare and good content.

If she chooses a nanny over daycare for the boys she’s more stupid and selfish than I even thought. The boys need to build friendships, they need to become familiar with other trusted adults, they need to be out of the house and in an educational environment where they can develop and learn. It would also give Elle and Connor a chance to mix with other parents and possibly make friends theirself. And they’d then have all day free to both work or get things done or go on their “dates” whilst the boys are in daycare all day, most of them are open till 6/7pm.

A nanny is not a good idea at all given they’re in a new country with no friends or family. They need to build connections, relationships and bond with people around them. The boys and Elle and Connor.

Not have a nanny sauntering round acting like a joey for Elle - it brings absolutely no benefits other than to Elle herself.

• Heart
If she chooses a nanny over daycare for the boys she’s more stupid and selfish than I even thought. The boys need to build friendships, they need to become familiar with other trusted adults, they need to be out of the house and in an educational environment where they can develop and learn. It would also give Elle and Connor a chance to mix with other parents and possibly make friends theirself. And they’d then have all day free to both work or get things done or go on their “dates” whilst the boys are in daycare all day, most of them are open till 6/7pm.

A nanny is not a good idea at all given they’re in a new country with no friends or family. They need to build connections, relationships and bond with people around them. The boys and Elle and Connor.

Not have a nanny sauntering round acting like a joey for Elle - it brings absolutely no benefits other than to Elle herself.
When she spoke about the pro’s for Saint to go to nursery the first thing she mentioned was that it would be good so she and Connor could meet other parents. No mention of it would be good for his development, etc etc 😂 she is soo selfish

• Sad
Reactions: 21
Katie will be left to babysit whilst they go on numerous date nights no doubt. Her feet won't touch the ground bless her, she'll be running around the boys constantly. Elle might try and convince her to move in permanently. She's about the only woman she can trust around Connor and she'd be free childcare and good content.
I think/ would hope Katie’s got more sense not to move, she seems to have a good setup with her flat and friendships etc. Although I feel like Elle could be a bit manipulative with Katie and get into her head, even though SHE moved to the US it wouldn’t surprise me if she guilt tripped Katie into the idea of moving. “The boys miss you Kitkat”, “we’d get more sister time if you were here”. I know people rate her as a good sister with Katie but I think Elle would stoop low with anyone if it meant she got what she wanted and if it benefited her and Con.

I don’t know how the visa process works in the US if it would even be a possibility for Katie to get a visa but just hypothetically.

Reactions: 8
I really don’t think Katie would move there, she loves her life here in the UK with her friends and family, and she’s definitely much more sensible than EDL!!

Did anyone see Count Con mentioning he’s been at some ‘meetings’… wonder if this is to do with this ‘business’ they mentioned they are starting over there…what does everyone think it is? My bet is something gym related!

Reactions: 16
Oh love to see the ‘business ’ they are planning…..no foreign people allowed……

• Haha
Why such heavy emphasis on being home sick but it’s not actually being home sick it’s just one morning she felt home sick? Just admit it 😂 why is she so scared to admit that? It’s like she’s trying to prove someone wrong… probably her family who all said what you gonna do when the novelty wears off! Which she says that hasn’t happened but it has or you wouldn’t think about it 😂

Reactions: 9
Get’s food poisoning… or finally the effects of eating rubbish hits her… only Elly would go to cheesecake factory

• Haha
I really don’t think Katie would move there, she loves her life here in the UK with her friends and family, and she’s definitely much more sensible than EDL!!

Did anyone see Count Con mentioning he’s been at some ‘meetings’… wonder if this is to do with this ‘business’ they mentioned they are starting over there…what does everyone think it is? My bet is something gym related!
It's probably an MLM - the Americans love their pyramid schemes!!

Reactions: 7
How do these influencer girls boyfriends get away with not working! Like atleast part time it’s embarrassing, I’d be mortified if this was me. What if they split up? What will he say he’s been doing for the past how many years?! Same for Carys and Meggan Grub. They are not busy enough for their partners to be working for them and they provide nothing to the content!
---
How do these influencer girls boyfriends get away with not working! Like atleast part time it’s embarrassing, I’d be mortified if this was me. What if they split up? What will he say he’s been doing for the past how many years?! Same for Carys and Meggan Grub. They are not busy enough for their partners to be working for them and they provide nothing to the content!
even before they had children! They didn’t work!

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Not a regular in these parts but just stopping by belatedly to say this thread title is everything 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8