Dr Jessica Taylor #9 Don't be fooled by the sports car I got, I'm still grifter Jessie from the block

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jess: I'm from a deprived community where people had few educational opportunities. Be proud of your working-class roots and inherent inability to pronounce words or keep yourself from swearing!

Also Jess: Taking the piss out of someone for a misspelling/typo

Reactions: 10
Typical Jessica. "My audio book is a number one best seller on audible"

The detail that gives this context and authenticity, that Jessica will never say: it's number 1 in Cultural History Biographies, which is pretty niche.

I'm going to hazard a guess it's nowhere near #1 overall, but people will think it is, and that's what she wants them to think, of course.

So much of what she says fits into this category. It makes her sound good, while leaving plausible deniability. "I never said it was #1 overall / I never said I was a clinical psychologist / forensic psychologist / full time mother / in academia currently etc etc."

Smoke and mirrors.

(Although she *did* say to me in person that she's a forensic psychologist some years ago, but as it was just the two of us in the conversation, I can't prove it).

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Typical Jessica. "My audio book is a number one best seller on audible"

The detail that gives this context and authenticity, that Jessica will never say: it's number 1 in Cultural History Biographies, which is pretty niche.

I'm going to hazard a guess it's nowhere near #1 overall, but people will think it is, and that's what she wants them to think, of course.

So much of what she says fits into this category. It makes her sound good, while leaving plausible deniability. "I never said it was #1 overall / I never said I was a clinical psychologist / forensic psychologist / full time mother / in academia currently etc etc."

Smoke and mirrors.

(Although she *did* say to me in person that she's a forensic psychologist some years ago, but as it was just the two of us in the conversation, I can't prove it).
What is she on about? 'Manc accent'. She sounds nothing like a Manc!

Reactions: 5
That R4 interview might make working class/disadvantaged students consider if they would be discriminated at her Alma Mater. Maybe such students should contact Birmingham to discover if classism is a problem. Birmingham Unil might need to grasp the nettle & respond to these nationally discussed inferences around her PhD time there.

Reactions: 13
That R4 interview might make working class/disadvantaged students consider if they would be discriminated at her Alma Mater. Maybe such students should contact Birmingham to discover if classism is a problem. Birmingham Unil might need to grasp the nettle & respond to these nationally discussed inferences around her PhD time there.
It would be good if someone from there would respond with the truth.
I’m council estate background and I work with many that have come from similar backgrounds who have PhD’s, medical degrees and more, mostly from the same Uni as her. I manage people with more qualifications than JT.
How about Jaimi? She went to UoB too and comes from a very working class area, with a single parent mother. UoB requires high grades to get into, Perhaps Jaimi is everything JT claims to be?

Reactions: 9
Funnily enough a few years ago I met someone who was friends with someone who had worked with them. Her opinion was that she believed Jaimi but didn’t feel Jess was honest and thought she might be stealing parts of Jaimi’s background 🤔

• Wow
Reactions: 11
She’s such boring bastard. People from working class backgrounds go on to further education all the time, we aren’t living in a bleeping West End musical you absolute walloper 🙄

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I can't believe how blatantly she misrepresents her 'professional' experience.

Her saying she has a 'PHD in Forensic Psychology' implies she is a clinical forensic psychologist, as in, someone with a doctorate (DClinPsych) who has been trained by the NHS. Someone who had registered professionals supervising their training.

It's line someone who studied heath and social care saying they are a qualified and registered nurse 🤣

• Wow
Reactions: 7
I can't believe how blatantly she misrepresents her 'professional' experience.

Her saying she has a 'PHD in Forensic Psychology' implies she is a clinical forensic psychologist, as in, someone with a doctorate (DClinPsych) who has been trained by the NHS. Someone who had registered professionals supervising their training.

It's line someone who studied heath and social care saying they are a qualified and registered nurse 🤣
She posted a whiny rant once about “you don’t get to tell me my PhD isn’t in forensic psychology!!!” Just because she didn’t take a doctorate in forensic psychology. Jess: your PhD isn’t in the theory or practice of forensic psychology. Therefore YOU DO NOT HAVE A PHD IN FORENSIC PSYCHOLOGY

She apparently thinks she should be considered to have a PhD in forensic psychology because her thesis was about victim blaming which is sort of related. My brother in law has a law degree with one module in criminology, does that mean he actually has a degree in criminology and is just as qualified in the subject as an experienced criminologist? Lolnope

Reactions: 4
So, it's a general research PhD in psychology with a thesis completed under that school? It doesn't qualify her to register with the HCPC as a forensic psychologist which is why she isn't allowed to use the title. Nor does a single piece of doctorate research come close to the content of a doctorate in forensic psychology - which like the DClinPsy includes work placements and a heavy taught component

She keeps saying "I chose not to do a DClinPsy or a ForenPsyD! It's MY CHOICE! I knew the PhD was just the beginning of my professional development!" OK then, so why are you obscuring the fact that you are a research/academic psychologist? It was your choice to be one, right?

Reactions: 6
I’m aware it’s only academic. I was wondering if I’d missed the the wasn’t part of the forensic psych school. It is. I’m not sure it’s necessarily wrong in that she says PhD in forensic psych? Just a play on reality

Reactions: 1
I’m aware it’s only academic. I was wondering if I’d missed the the wasn’t part of the forensic psych school. It is. I’m not sure it’s necessarily wrong in that she says PhD in forensic psych? Just a play on reality
You understand this far better than I do! Although yeah, it seems very strange that she says she is proud of her PhD and it was her choice to take it rather than a DClinPsy/ForenPsyD, but tries to give the impression that she is a clinical and/or forensic psychologist. There's nothing wrong with being a research psychologist so why not embrace it?

Reactions: 2
She can say she has a PhD in Forensic Psychology, she just can't say that she's a forensic psychologist

Reactions: 4
I wonder if it’s the supervised practice that she didn’t want to do?

There’s nothing wrong at all with being qualified as a researcher but it doesn’t fit with the grift. She needs to pretend she’s got loads of practical experience.

Reactions: 3